Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Gneumark

Wanted

Post by Gneumark » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:25 am

I'm looking for a drivers side halogen headlamp for my wife's 2004 Z4. Full of condensation which I've tried to dry out but not successful. Passenger side was replaced after an accident two years ago but drivers is original and now 12 years old.
Please let me know if you have one.
Thanks

Moheddine

Wanted

Post by Moheddine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:27 am

Daft question, but have you tried getting hold of a new rear cover or re-sealing it? There are a few breaking on eBay at the moment if not.
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

brazenskies

Wanted

Post by brazenskies » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Moheddine wrote:Daft question, but have you tried getting hold of a new rear cover or re-sealing it? There are a few breaking on eBay at the moment if not.
This! I spotted some covers with quality gaskets from the breakers on ebay

Moheddine

Wanted

Post by Moheddine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:22 pm

brazenskies wrote:
Moheddine wrote:Daft question, but have you tried getting hold of a new rear cover or re-sealing it? There are a few breaking on eBay at the moment if not.
Que?!
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

brazenskies

Wanted

Post by brazenskies » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Moheddine wrote:
brazenskies wrote:
Que?!
?
I was concurring

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E85-E86-Z ... SwbYZXcnPt

Moheddine

Wanted

Post by Moheddine » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:17 pm

brazenskies wrote:
Moheddine wrote:
brazenskies wrote:
Que?!
?
I was concurring
Oh I see! :thumbsup:

Gneumark

Wanted

Post by Gneumark » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:23 pm

I have had the car into my local garage as I am not a mechanic and I left it with them.
They took the back off and left it over the weekend to dry out and then resealed it but it hadn't worked.
They weren't confident that it wouldn't work hence why I am now trying to get a replacement.
Thanks

Dave1971

Wanted

Post by Dave1971 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Get a new rear cover and seal from BMW, they are less than £15. Unless the headlight is damaged I would be 99% sure a new seal will fix the problem, it's a common problem. Try Sopers of Lincoln and mention the Forum for a bit of a discount.
Zed No 1 2004 e85 Z4 2.2 se
Zed No 2 2007 e85 Imola Red Z4MR
Zed No 3 2006 e85 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 4 2009 e89 Deep see blue 35i sDrive
Zed No 5 2006 e85 Titan silver 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 6 2004 e85 Black Sapphire Alpina Roadster S Lux #073