Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
thanatu55

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by thanatu55 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm

It's a long shot and only an idea at the moment but I quite fancy a blue roof (soft top) for my roadster E85. Anyone got a blue roof and would rather have a black one?

Crazy Harry

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 am

thanatu55 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm It's a long shot and only an idea at the moment but I quite fancy a blue roof (soft top) for my roadster E85. Anyone got a blue roof and would rather have a black one?
Can't help with a swap but if you manage it post some pics. I have the same colour E85 as you and have looked here http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/bmw-z4-hoods every now and then I ask if anyone has pics of the blue soft top fitted but nothing yet.

I was all for a hard top in January when I bought the car but I soon realised that I would be missing loads of good top down dry days so decided to stick with soft top only. This firm didn't look to be too much (prices fitted I think) but I can't see the point in changing a perfectly good soft top at the moment when I could be buying parts for my other cars that I need to get them on the road or that rechrome that the Wraith needs after 80 years.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by ben g » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 am
thanatu55 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 pm It's a long shot and only an idea at the moment but I quite fancy a blue roof (soft top) for my roadster E85. Anyone got a blue roof and would rather have a black one?
Can't help with a swap but if you manage it post some pics. I have the same colour E85 as you and have looked here http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/bmw-z4-hoods every now and then I ask if anyone has pics of the blue soft top fitted but nothing yet.

I was all for a hard top in January when I bought the car but I soon realised that I would be missing loads of good top down dry days so decided to stick with soft top only. This firm didn't look to be too much (prices fitted I think) but I can't see the point in changing a perfectly good soft top at the moment when I could be buying parts for my other cars that I need to get them on the road or that rechrome that the Wraith needs after 80 years.
Their showcar is a Z4 and has a blue soft top fitted. Mines the one pictured with the red top on their website. Great company :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

thanatu55

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:45 pm

ben g wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 am

Their showcar is a Z4 and has a blue soft top fitted. Mines the one pictured with the red top on their website. Great company :thumbsup:
I thought that Zed looked familiar. I do like that red top.

Has anyone ever seen or have pics of a blue on blue?

Crazy Harry

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

I went back and had a better look round their website. The hood on the Z4 looks lighter than I'd want but the one shown in the Z3 section looks darker and a better match to my Zeds paintwork.

Z4 - Kev

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by Z4 - Kev » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I do like that red one. Just realised Ben g, it's yours. :thumbsup:

I brought your yellow & black sports seats.

That red roof has given me food for thought.

------------------

thanatu55

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 pmI went back and had a better look round their website. The hood on the Z4 looks lighter than I'd want but the one shown in the Z3 section looks darker and a better match to my Zeds paintwork.
Yeah the Z3 one is the colour I'd go for. I've been on that site before and if I was going to buy new that's where I'd go, I'm just thinking about the pennies.

There's one that's been on ebay for months for £395 but the heated rear window doesn't work. Too much again for me for a defective roof, but it's the right colour. It's been on there for as long as I've been looking which was somewhere around Christmas time. He obviously can't get rid of it, I wonder how low you could get him?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E85-RO ... Sw241YdOUY

Crazy Harry

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by Crazy Harry » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Problem is its still a screen with no heater - and I think they are bonded into the hood and are not a DIY change (waits to be corrected) - I'm a through and through roaster man but even I miss the rear wiper in heavy rain so heaven knows what a non working demist feels like to drive in winter.

I'm just going to use my black hood up first then go blue if I have to change it (or win the lottery in the mean time:thumbsup: )

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by buzyg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 pm

The Red and Silver go together so well. :wub:

thanatu55

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm Problem is its still a screen with no heater - and I think they are bonded into the hood and are not a DIY change (waits to be corrected) - I'm a through and through roaster man but even I miss the rear wiper in heavy rain so heaven knows what a non working demist feels like to drive in winter.

I'm just going to use my black hood up first then go blue if I have to change it (or win the lottery in the mean time:thumbsup: )
I'm with you 110% on that, a broken bargain is no bargain at all. And I can't see a damn thing out the back in the rain!

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by ben g » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Z4 - Kev wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm I do like that red one. Just realised Ben g, it's yours. :thumbsup:

I brought your yellow & black sports seats.

That red roof has given me food for thought.

------------------
I miss those seats :( Bet they look great in your Z4!

Red roof is pretty cool. I only know of 3 Z4's with them.

Attachments
_20170919_222739.JPG
_20170919_222739.JPG (217.58 KiB) Viewed 922 times

mfrancis

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by mfrancis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm

thanatu55 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm
Crazy Harry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm Problem is its still a screen with no heater - and I think they are bonded into the hood and are not a DIY change (waits to be corrected) - I'm a through and through roaster man but even I miss the rear wiper in heavy rain so heaven knows what a non working demist feels like to drive in winter.

I'm with you 110% on that, a broken bargain is no bargain at all. And I can't see a damn thing out the back in the rain!
I'm no expert but I would have thought that unless the tracks on the window are damaged then it should be repairable?
Could be a cabling/ connection issue?
To be honest even small amounts of track damage can be diy repaired.

JINGLE

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by JINGLE » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm

I've always wanted a red roof ever since I saw Jonny Essex roof, are they £624 fitted all in then? I thought the website price was supply only?

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by ben g » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 am

JINGLE wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 pm I've always wanted a red roof ever since I saw Jonny Essex roof, are they £624 fitted all in then? I thought the website price was supply only?
Price is supply only. Mine came to about £850 supplied and fitted when they had a 10% offer on.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

thanatu55

Black for Blue Roof Swap

Post by thanatu55 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Since I couldn't find any examples of a blue on blue roof I decided to make a mock up of my own and... Damn I like it!

And for a bit of fun I thought I'd see how a red one would look and... I like that too!: