Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

For sale: Manual E85 sports seats black

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Greeno

Post by Greeno » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:10 pm

These are not M Sport seats!

Been in storage for a few years since I sold my Z.

They came out of the car at about 60k on the clock so there is drivers bolster wear commensurate with age / mileage.

Looking for £100. I've been out of the z4 game for a bit but it seems reasonable?

Collection only, just north of Cambridge (PE27).

This is just a feeler. If there is interest let me know and I'll sort photos. If not, eBay in a few weeks.
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools"

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Not sure why people call them sport seats (i'm aware BMW called them sport seats). You just end up confusing people.

Just call them normal seats, considering they're not the Sport seats.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Pics and more details would help. Personally I'm still "new" in the Z4 market so I've no idea what sport seats look like or what features they have. (Eg memory & heated etc)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm Pics and more details would help. Personally I'm still "new" in the Z4 market so I've no idea what sport seats look like or what features they have. (Eg memory & heated etc)
Well it looks like you are the right part of the country!

AFAIK Heated seats were always an option, and electric memory seats were optional on all models other than facelift 3 litre models and Ms.

The standard seats are called "Sport" seats and were fitted to SE models, but the desirable ones are called "M-Sport" seats, were fitted to Sport models and look like this:-
Attachments
Blue Z4 Interior3 060716.JPG
Blue Z4 Interior3 060716.JPG (134.82 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm Well it looks like you are the right part of the country!

AFAIK Heated seats were always an option, and electric memory seats were optional on all models other than facelift 3 litre models and Ms.

The standard seats are called "Sport" seats and were fitted to SE models, but the desirable ones are called "M-Sport" seats, were fitted to Sport models and look like this:-
Ahhh ok, thanks for the info. My Z4 3.0 2003 (pre-facelift obv.) came with heated & memory seats ... I just really don't like the Beige :lol: but I'd want to keep the heated and memory functions
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:54 pmAhhh ok, thanks for the info. My Z4 3.0 2003 (pre-facelift obv.) came with heated & memory seats ... I just really don't like the Beige but I'd want to keep the heated and memory functions
I may be wrong, but I would imagine you could swap the seat bases to keep the memory function and maybe also remove the heating elements from your seats to put into the black ones.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 pm I may be wrong, but I would imagine you could swap the seat bases to keep the memory function and maybe also remove the heating elements from your seats to put into the black ones.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon! :lol:
Sounds easier to just get another set the same but diff colour. That being said, I did come across a company that re-upholster leather seats to what ever colour you want, so VERY tempted by that!!
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 pmSounds easier to just get another set the same but diff colour. That being said, I did come across a company that re-upholster leather seats to what ever colour you want, so VERY tempted by that!!
That could be an option, but I'd probably look for a complete interior so you get the door cards, etc. as well!

If you want the M-Sport ones they tend to fetch over £500, so you need to really want them!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:09 pm That could be an option, but I'd probably look for a complete interior so you get the door cards, etc. as well!
If you want the M-Sport ones they tend to fetch over £500, so you need to really want them!
Meh.... not too bothered about M-Sport ones to be honest. And yeah that would be ideal, I've missed a few deals on here recently although I also don't have much spare cash atm so hey-ho as they say :rofl:
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Greeno

Post by Greeno » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm

ben g wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:36 pm Not sure why people call them sport seats (i'm aware BMW called them sport seats). You just end up confusing people.

Just call them normal seats, considering they're not the Sport seats.
Yeah, then you get the pedants complaining as you used the wrong terminology.
"Rules are for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools"