108 wheels

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
JimBob78
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 pm

108 wheels

Post by JimBob78 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am

Hi
Decided to try and sell my old 108 wheels after attempting to strip down and refurb without success! Basically the bolts are seized, I stripped 2 trying to remove then gave up. I've no idea how to price these so I'll start at £200 and see how we got on!
Collection from Sheffield and contact me for pics please!

Thanks
Jim

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

108 wheels

Post by rally-chris » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Good luck, but £100 seems to be the going rate on here for rough sets of 108s in need of refurb (without broken bolts). You might do better selling the wheels (or parts) individually on eBay as there are bound to be people looking for individual parts to repair their sets of wheels.

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

sticky
Member
Member
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Worthing

108 wheels

Post by sticky » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:10 pm

Split the set £40-£50 each . It"s worked for me before
03, 3.0 i .

JimBob78
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 pm

108 wheels

Post by JimBob78 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm open to splitting them if it gets them sold!

Mekon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 am
Location: Halifax

108 wheels

Post by Mekon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 am

Have you got any photos please
53 plate 3L sterling grey/black leather

JimBob78
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 pm

108 wheels

Post by JimBob78 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm

I can certainly send you some, pm me your email and I'll sort tonight.

Thanks

Bertz4
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Location: Stourbridge

108 wheels

Post by Bertz4 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am

JimBob78 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am
Hi
Decided to try and sell my old 108 wheels after attempting to strip down and refurb without success! Basically the bolts are seized, I stripped 2 trying to remove then gave up. I've no idea how to price these so I'll start at £200 and see how we got on!
Collection from Sheffield and contact me for pics please!

Thanks
Jim
They can be refurbed without splitting, not such a good job but acceptable I am told. £20 per wheel here
https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/

Rob.
Current: 2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey, red leather, 108's.
Previous: 1991 TVR S3 2.9 V6

synthedup
Member
Member
Posts: 969
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 pm
Location: Rotherham

108 wheels

Post by synthedup » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Bertz4 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 am
JimBob78 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am
Hi
Decided to try and sell my old 108 wheels after attempting to strip down and refurb without success! Basically the bolts are seized, I stripped 2 trying to remove then gave up. I've no idea how to price these so I'll start at £200 and see how we got on!
Collection from Sheffield and contact me for pics please!

Thanks
Jim
They can be refurbed without splitting, not such a good job but acceptable I am told. £20 per wheel here
https://www.citywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/

Rob.

/quote]

It will be a s**t job if they dont split them. they wont be worth the £80 if cost for the referb.

I sold a set for £100 needing a referb and needing splitting.

Ive split a few other sets before through and with the right tools its not hard.

born
Member
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: wirral, Merseyside
Contact:

108 wheels

Post by born » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

£80 for a set of 4 rims refurbished!! would love to see the results - bet it's beyond dreadful!

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16715
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

108 wheels

Post by mr wilks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:01 pm

born wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm
£80 for a set of 4 rims refurbished!! would love to see the results - bet it's beyond dreadful!
Yeah me too :oops:
10 x Z4s owned :D

E86
E85
Grey///MR
3.0Si E85
E89 23i
3.0Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
current 35i Msport 6spd :driving:


Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

Bertz4
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Location: Stourbridge

108 wheels

Post by Bertz4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:37 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:01 pm
born wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm
£80 for a set of 4 rims refurbished!! would love to see the results - bet it's beyond dreadful!
Yeah me too :oops:
Here’s one on my TVR, not bad at all really.
Attachments
79D9FE23-6DAC-4610-9350-822B348C228C.jpeg
79D9FE23-6DAC-4610-9350-822B348C228C.jpeg (343.5 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Current: 2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey, red leather, 108's.
Previous: 1991 TVR S3 2.9 V6

Bertz4
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Location: Stourbridge

108 wheels

Post by Bertz4 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm

FA6F914C-40CE-439D-9C7B-8A3D1676A674.jpeg
And one from the Z, bit more expensive this by a different local company, £40 for split and refurb.
FA6F914C-40CE-439D-9C7B-8A3D1676A674.jpeg (183.27 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Current: 2005 Z4 3.0i Sterling grey, red leather, 108's.
Previous: 1991 TVR S3 2.9 V6

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 16715
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

108 wheels

Post by mr wilks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:43 pm

After splitting countless sets of 108s i fail to see how having them refurbed whilst bolted together can ever be anything other than temporary makeover :? Every set ive split bar none have had excessive corrosion between the surfaces that will still be there :cry: plus the bolts themselves are titanium & do not need any paint so can only imagine after a good winter & a jetwash that they will look scabby too .
Totally different ballgame with single part rims & for those £80 is probably a fair rate
10 x Z4s owned :D

E86
E85
Grey///MR
3.0Si E85
E89 23i
3.0Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
Imola///MR
current 35i Msport 6spd :driving:


Image


https://www.instagram.com/andybmwheels/

JimBob78
Member
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:34 pm

108 wheels

Post by JimBob78 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:52 pm

So, does anyone want to make me an offer on my very scabby wheels??!

rally-chris
Member
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm
Location: Newbury, Berks UK

108 wheels

Post by rally-chris » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:59 pm

We haven't seen any pictures yet.....
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests