Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS - PRIVATE PLATE FOR SALE

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Exactmax

FS - PRIVATE PLATE FOR SALE

Post by Exactmax » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi People,

I have a personalised number plate 'LG148' for sale privately. I have been advised that it is worth around the £3000 mark on the current market according to a few number plate selling websites.

I am open to offers but ideally I would like around £2500 mark for it.... Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Max
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

kevshore

Re: FS - PRIVATE PLATE FOR SALE

Post by kevshore » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:27 am

Is the number on a retention certificate or a vehicle? Also, you say that you would be open to offers. What realistically would you take for an instant BT today. Depending on the above questions. I have been trying to buy a plate for the last 12 months and have come to the conclusion that private plate dealers just tell you what you want to hear and then dump on you from a great height. Twice I've had to get my money back after paying for a number and waiting about 3 months each time for the transfer. They didn't have the number in the end on both aoccasions. :x But it's a cracking way for them to keep their cashflow going if they do that to a few people....

Kev.

Pope

Post by Pope » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:40 am

Im trying to work out what the plate reads and why its worth so much, can someone enlighten me..
My spelling and grammer is terrible, I'm very sorry.

Black Z4M Roadster purchased 5th March 2011

Pope - Can you guess what my name is??

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:04 am

Pope wrote:Im trying to work out what the plate reads and why its worth so much, can someone enlighten me..
My guess is it is simply due to the low number of digits in it, usually 6 or 7 is the minimum in terms of cheapo's. I don't think it reads anything.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 am

The plate would be good for anyone with the initials LG or if 148 is signifcant to you. Like the other person said, the price is reflected on the amount of digits on the plate...

Kev, I have sent you a PM
2004 BMW Z4 2.2i SE - Bright Red - Black Leather - Clear Brake Lights - Xenon Lights - Black Kidney Grills - Red Brake Calipers - Front Parking Sensors - 19" Redline LM Wheels - BMW Aero Spoiler - Eibach Pro Kit - Longlife Quad Exhaust System

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:48 am

The plate is on retention so it is good to go if someone is interested!

lacroupade
Lifer
Lifer

Post by lacroupade » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am

Pope wrote:Im trying to work out what the plate reads and why its worth so much, can someone enlighten me..
I wouldn't fret about it then LOL.

Typically three letters (one's initials or an abbreviation of one's name) start around the £1200-1500 mark, while two letters and three digits are indeed in the £2000-3000 arena.
==============================================================
If toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

imp75

Post by imp75 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:53 pm

It's perfect if your name is Lewis Glab and you squint a bit :poke:

Good luck with the sale max, its a nice plate for right person
GONE - 2.0, sapphire black, alu trim, mods: msport seat transplant, 30mm drop, clear headlights, ZHP, OTH, strut brace, tinted tail lamps, carbon wrapped grilles and stubby

Exactmax

Post by Exactmax » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Thank you - hopefully someone might come along and like it... :)

kevshore

Post by kevshore » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Deal agreed. :D Sending payment.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:06 pm

curious, what does the plate mean to you? are those you initials?

gookah

Post by gookah » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Taz x wrote:curious, what does the plate mean to you? are those you initials?
Taz..., it's Lewis Glab, you know, the guy with the squint... :D

kevshore

Post by kevshore » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:29 am

Payment sent.