Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EBAY: BMW OEM 108 Split Rimms - REDUCED - £125 ono

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
McDade

EBAY: BMW OEM 108 Split Rimms - REDUCED - £125 ono

Post by McDade » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Hello all,

Following my purchase of a new set of BMW 108 18'' Split Rimms, from fellow forum member zoomer, ive finally got round to putting up my original set of knackered alloy wheels.

Please do not laugh at the state of these, they came with the car when i purchased it in April :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Any questions please let me know :D

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: as per forum advise, I am looking for £125 Ono. Ebay auction has unsold, but is back up on a Buy it now

I would prefer to sell to forum member, and I am based in Leeds (LS13)

Cheers
Last edited by McDade on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
2018 Jaguar F Pace R - The Daily Drive
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i, Black wi/ Red, SMG - The bit on the side

kammy1975

EBAY: BMW OEM 108 Split Rimms

Post by kammy1975 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Laugh? Makes me wanna cry !! Who lets their wheels get like that ?!?

Leadfoot Z

Post by Leadfoot Z » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm not being funny, but in that condition they may not be worth a great deal. The price of a good refurb will probably cost hundreds.

What is the lowest price you would consider?
Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe Auto, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Beige Carpets, Fine Wood Trim, Nav Professional, Phone Prep Business......

McDade

Post by McDade » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 pm

kammy1975 wrote:Laugh? Makes me wanna cry !! Who lets their wheels get like that ?!?
I know right. I got a fair bit of the asking price and replaced them sharpish

McDade

Post by McDade » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:32 pm

Leadfoot Z wrote:I'm not being funny, but in that condition they may not be worth a great deal. The price of a good refurb will probably cost hundreds.

What is the lowest price you would consider?
I don't think they are worth a great deal, but they are at £50 now. I could have been dishonest and got them cheaply refurbed and the buyer wouldn't known either way. I'm selling then like this so the buyer cab refurb them how they see fit

Cheers

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:39 am

I wouldn't take them for free. The cost of a decent refurb on a set that bad you could get brand new 224's from germany

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:26 am

What are people taking about, a good company will get them like new.

Weather they are in this state or have a couple of curb marks, worth the same in my eyes as the referb shouldn't cost anymore.

McDade

Post by McDade » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:56 am

SonnyA85 wrote:I wouldn't take them for free. The cost of a decent refurb on a set that bad you could get brand new 224's from germany
Thanks for your positive comments

:headbang: :headbang:

McDade

Post by McDade » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:57 am

synthedup wrote:What are people taking about, a good company will get them like new.

Weather they are in this state or have a couple of curb marks, worth the same in my eyes as the referb shouldn't cost anymore.
There is a thread on this very forum for a reliable guy in Birmingham that will refurb them for £20 per rimm.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:27 pm

synthedup wrote:What are people taking about, a good company will get them like new.

So your telling me a refurb for an alloy with 1 kerb mark costs the same as one with 100?

You do know they have to fill and sand every bit of damage? That's why a decent refurb place asks you to send pictures or bring them in before giving you a quote. Unless of course the type of refurb you like to do is simply dip the wheels in acid then powdercoat/paint and bake without fixing any of the actual damage.

Each additional bit of damage is more time and labour intensive. Which means more money. Like I said I wouldn't take them for free the cost of a proper refurb (unless you did it yourself) would be so expensive that you would be better off buying brand new 224's from Germany.

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:31 pm

SonnyA85 wrote:

So your telling me a refurb for an alloy with 1 kerb mark costs the same as one with 100?

You do know they have to fill and sand every bit of damage? That's why a decent refurb place asks you to send pictures or bring them in before giving you a quote. Unless of course the type of refurb you like to do is simply dip the wheels in acid then powdercoat/paint and bake without fixing any of the actual damage.

Each additional bit of damage is more time and labour intensive. Which means more money. Like I said I wouldn't take them for free the cost of a proper refurb (unless you did it yourself) would be so expensive that you would be better off buying brand new 224's from Germany.
I've just had mine done and deliberately waited until they were in a VERY poor state with lots of scuffs to make the refurb worthwhile, for that very reason - the guys I use and others I've used in the past charge per wheel not for the condition. Thought this was the norm though?
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

synthedup

Post by synthedup » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:34 pm

SonnyA85 wrote:

You're mistaken, one of my good friend works for a alloy refurbishment company and they do not charge depending on the condition, they charge depending on the size, as do other companies.

A good referb company do not "fill and sand" kerb marks, they weld and use machines to grind away excess. well my friends company do anyway.

I imagine the "fill and sand" method is a poor attempt at a referb.

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Prices vary from £35-90 a corner +VAT; and that depends on what type of alloy they are i.e split rims, diamond, tungsten, magnesium, spokey buggers; the size; and the finish you want. I've never had mine filled - they either get stripped back or ground back
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:40 pm

McDade wrote:

There is a thread on this very forum for a reliable guy in Birmingham that will refurb them for £20 per rimm.

They take them apart , refurb & bolt them back together for £20 a rim :o man id like to see a set of those finished :?
The problem with 108s just now is there appears little demand even once refurbed ?
Just taken me 4 weeks to sell a set that were blasted & powdercoated , sold them for £370 :cry:
I agree with synthedup , the condition shouldn't affect the value as they need taking apart whether half goosed or fully goosed :oops:
& would still expect you to raise around £100/£150 for a shabby set so best of luck :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG (88.61 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

McDade

Post by McDade » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:44 pm

mr wilks wrote:
McDade wrote:

They take them apart , refurb & bolt them back together for £20 a rim :o man id like to see a set of those finished :?
The problem with 108s just now is there appears little demand even once refurbed ?
Just taken me 4 weeks to sell a set that were blasted & powdercoated , sold them for £370 :cry:
I agree with synthedup , the condition shouldn't affect the value as they need taking apart whether half goosed or fully goosed :oops:
& would still expect you to raise around £100/£150 for a shabby set so best of luck :thumbsup:

Im pleased you have commented Mr Wilks, and thanks for the feedback. I know you are very experienced with these area's, lets see what they go for

:thumbsup: