Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: Whippy aerial. Edit: now the most important and divisive poll on this forum! ;)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)

Stubby, whippy or nowt?

Stubby
57%
Whippy
40%
Total delete, they both look sh!te.
3%

Total votes: 116

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

FS: Whippy aerial. Edit: now the most important and divisive poll on this forum! ;)

Post by firebobby » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 pm

buzyg wrote:Nothing can beat a good Whippy. 8) :thumbsup:

Ah, a proper whippy sir :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:01 pm

I can see that sitting really nicely on the back of ur zed fred :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Chris_D wrote:
firebobby wrote:So, it looks like the whippy is giving the stubby a good hiding in the polls :thumbsup:
Well done whipists :happyclap:
And the optimistic-bordering-on-clinical-denial poll reporting prize goes to.......Fred!

Er, fred the subby has a runaway majority atm.... Think its gonna be a landslide. :wink:
I'm not worried about the poll result, we've already decided it has been rigged by Russian AM frequency broadcasts. So Whippy in the lead again.
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

BigMick66

Post by BigMick66 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Now that's better :D :D
BMW Z4 sDrive23i Sport Highline EditionImage

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:16 pm

BigMick66 wrote:Now that's better :D :D
No it's not. :(
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:18 pm

looks like the whippys been well and truly whipped! :lol:
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 pm

I know how the current president of The Gambia feels when he claims the vote to oust him was rigged.

Chris D has already admitted that the site got hacked by Russians, so the outcome is null and void.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:30 pm

Haha its still going strong;)

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:46 pm

RickRob wrote:I know how the current president of The Gambia feels when he claims the vote to oust him was rigged.

Chris D has already admitted that the site got hacked by Russians, so the outcome is null and void.
Hacking or not, the fsb, anonymous, the stasi remnants, team trump, nigerian scammers, my mum the conspiracy theorist (she blames everything on 'the bleedin mafia') or just plain old fashioned vote rigging; the fact remains that Stubby McStub is still way out in front!
:rofl:

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Chris_D wrote:
RickRob wrote:I know how the current president of The Gambia feels when he claims the vote to oust him was rigged.

Hacking or not, the fsb, anonymous, the stasi remnants, team trump, nigerian scammers, my mum the conspiracy theorist (she blames everything on 'the bleedin mafia') or just plain old fashioned vote rigging; the fact remains that Stubby McStub is still way out in front!
:rofl:
Still a Short Ars# though. :P

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Got to page 9, almost ready to kill myself, then this...
Ducklakeview wrote:
Number5 wrote:"Compatible for all vehicles with Navigation, Bluetooth, TV, Etc" - Thats all nonsense !!

My understanding was that the Stubby/Whippy is only the AM aerial anyway.
The FM Aerial is built into the rear windscreen
The TV Aerial is on the rear left quarter, under the rear lights and runs along behind the bumper
The SatNav aerial is tucked up above the rear view mirror, behind the Courtesy light
The Bluetooth aerial is behind the dash, nearest the driver. Why would you put it outside the car ?

Here you go :
Aerial Positions.JPG
The E85 at least doesn't have an aerial in the rear window. They have the rear quarter mounted one (stubby on mine) and a line type one suspended from the body behind the rear bumper. They are both amplified, and there is a "diversity" switcher which optimises reception between the two. The "stubby" is used used for AM/FM, and the line aerial behind the bumper for FM only.

2017-01-14_12-36-21.jpg2017-01-14_12-37-30.jpg2017-01-14_12-37-53.jpg

Details on page 10 here: http://www.bmwclub.lv/files/12_E85_Communications.pdf

Mike
...finally, enlightenment, after all these years!!! I'm not going mad - FM reception with a stubby is super s**t-tastic.

Didn't know that the E46 stubby looked like an impaled chode either. Good thread - v. informative. :thumbsup:
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

NickDE

Post by NickDE » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 pm

MrPT wrote:Didn't know that the E46 stubby looked like an impaled chode either.
I think I am probably quite relieved that I have no clue what a chode is. Although based on the standards on this forum I suspect that might soon change....
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 pm

NickDE wrote:
I think I am probably quite relieved that I have no clue what a chode is. Although based on the standards on this forum I suspect that might soon change....
Is a chode the hybrid mix of a chilli pepper and a commode?

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:36 pm

Chris_D wrote:
NickDE wrote:
Is a chode the hybrid mix of a chilli pepper and a commode?
It's a Unix command used to change poem.

(I reckon there's enough nerds on here for that one)
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Post by firebobby » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:24 pm

+1 :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981