Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Titan silver hardtop

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
chapeau

Titan silver hardtop

Post by chapeau » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm

Just spotted this. It's not mine but says in excellent condition although quite expensive at £999.
Hopefully it my help someone?
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-E85-03-0 ... Ciid%253A2
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

Silverzedtom

Titan silver hardtop

Post by Silverzedtom » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Great spot. So annoying as I have been looking for a titanium silver lid for a while now but was made redundant the other day, and will have to put it on the back burner :? . Out of curiosity what sort of condition is your roof in once the sun comes out and the roof comes off? Crease marks and mildew are my only concern about leaving it folded.
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

chapeau

Titan silver hardtop

Post by chapeau » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Silverzedtom wrote:Great spot. So annoying as I have been looking for a titanium silver lid for a while now but was made redundant the other day, and will have to put it on the back burner :? . Out of curiosity what sort of condition is your roof in once the sun comes out and the roof comes off? Crease marks and mildew are my only concern about leaving it folded.
I have only have one winters experience to go on (last winter) but i made sure i followed advice on here and made sure the soft top was clean and most importantly completely dry before putting it down and fitting the hardtop. After removing the hardtop the softtop looked as good as it did the day i stored it away before winter. I am hoping this year will be the same :)
E85. 2.5i SE. 2004. Sterling grey, anthracite 107s, black leather heated seats, hardtop, sound gen retrofit, matt black grills, stubby, zhp, cupholders retrofit, roof motor in boot.

Silverzedtom

Titan silver hardtop

Post by Silverzedtom » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Good to hear, I will definatley have to invest for next winter :thumbsup:
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Titan silver hardtop

Post by kis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 am

I had to put mine on when it was raining a while back. Near enough when I bought it, since then it's come off briefly so that I can add some sound insulation and tint. A story for another time. BUT when I took it off, the roof was bone dry (pleasantly surprised). I'm sure this is due to using the car on a day to day basis and it's dried itself out. Even in the creases. I'm sure it could have been an issue if you didn't use it so much... I would however agree it should be clean, if it can't be clean and dry :)
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71