Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Stormforce car cover - for sale (Price reduced)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi All,

I have recently sold my Z4 28i (E89) and I am looking to sell my Stormforce all weather outdoor and indoor car cover.

Details here - http://www.stormcarcovers.co.uk/product ... =269164848.

I have had it for about two years and paid around £160 for it.
I am looking for £95. EDIT - now reduced to £80
It comes with its own storage bag.

You could collect it from the BR3 (Beckenham, Kent) area or, alternatively, EC4 (City of London). I could post too but would have to find out how much this would cost.

It is in very good condition with just a little tear at the very bottom by one of the tethers (about 2 inches) where I over-tightened it once.
This doesn't affect the cover in any way.
It's a great piece of kit and I would have no hesitation in buying another.

(Library picture but I have some of it on my car if you want to see it)

As described on the Stormforce website:
Stormforce covers are our flagship product & are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. They feature a 4 layer construction that includes a strong, robust outer layer, padded second layer & a soft inner lining. The third layer is a special waterproof/breathable membrane that allows damp & moisture to escape from the covered vehicle but stops rain & dew from penetrating the cover. All 4 layers are bonded together & the resulting fabric has a sturdy, padded feel. These covers protect against hot sunshine, rain, hail, snow, frost, tree sap, birds, pets, dirt, dust, scuffs & scratches and are100% ultraviolet resistant.

Welded seams are used wherever possible & double stitched hems ensure long life & total outdoor protection. They are suitable for year round use in all weather conditions and are incredibly strong. In very low temperatures, the fabric remains pliable & in strong, hot sunshine they keep interiors cool & protect from top/interior fade, paint damage & other sunshine degeneration.
Last edited by Nemesis on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2013 E89 28i Mineral White, Kansas Red Leather, Automatic, iDrive, Comfort Pack blah blah blah

NickDE

Stormforce car cover - for sale

Post by NickDE » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:17 pm

Will it fit an E86 ?
How is it held in place ?
Darkness gone, go Darknes2, go Frozen, go Tronic

Nemesis

Stormforce car cover - for sale

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Not sure - I think I would have to see an E86 and an E89 side by side. If the E86 is smaller then it might fit but I am not sure.

It is a tailored fit for the E89.

It is held in place by two straps that pass under the car and clip to the cover behind the front wheels and just in front of the rear wheels.

Additionally, the front and back of the cover are elasticated and when on the car it will cover all of the front wheels and about 90% of the rears.
It is much easier to fit than it sounds - I can get it on the car in about 30 seconds.
2013 E89 28i Mineral White, Kansas Red Leather, Automatic, iDrive, Comfort Pack blah blah blah

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I have reduced the price to £80.

danregs

Post by danregs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 am

Nemesis wrote:I have reduced the price to £80.
Hi Nemesis.

I'll take it for £80, dependant on postage costs (as I'm based in Devon so difficult to collect from Kent). How much would it cost to courier?

Thanks
Dan

2009 E89 Z4 35i DSB :)
2001 Audi B5 S4 Bi-Turbo
1970 VW Beetle

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Dan,

I have sent you a PM.