Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW M Carbon Effect Book Case/Tablet Case 7-8 inch

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 pm

I ordered a case for my iPad and it arrived today, but it doesn't fit. It seems as though it is the right size for the iPad Mini and other tablets measuring 7" - 8". (Mine's bigger than that! :wink: )

Here's the link I bought it from:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/smart-and-phon ... blet+cases

I haven't removed it from its box, but from what I can see through the clear lid of the box I would have been happy with it had it fitted. Because the seller doesn't sell the one I need, because they're in Germany and because getting a refund could be a bit of hassle I am offering it on here.

I am asking £21. I'll pay the postage to U.K. addresses. That's about 20% discount of what I paid.
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:59 pm

Bump. If not sold by tomorrow then I'll have to explore the seller's refund policy, and you don't want to make me do that, do you? :lol:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 pm

RickRob wrote:I ordered a case for my iPad and it arrived today, but it doesn't fit. It seems as though it is the right size for the iPad Mini and other tablets measuring 7" - 8". (Mine's bigger than that! :wink: )

I haven't removed it from its box, but from what I can see through the clear lid of the box I would have been happy with it had it fitted. Because the seller doesn't sell the one I need, because they're in Germany and because getting a refund could be a bit of hassle I am offering it on here.

I am asking £21. I'll pay the postage to U.K. addresses. That's about 20% discount of what I paid.
Which way are you measuring to get 7-8" Rick, North or south as it were assuming you're using the tablet with the widest length horizontally? :D
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:15 pm

john-e89 wrote:
RickRob wrote:I ordered a case for my iPad and it arrived today, but it doesn't fit. It seems as though it is the right size for the iPad Mini and other tablets measuring 7" - 8". (Mine's bigger than that! :wink: )

Which way are you measuring to get 7-8" Rick, North or south as it were assuming you're using the tablet with the widest length horizontally? :D
John

The measurements of the box are 9" by 6.25". This means that the ///M logo is the right way up when the vertical is the 9" and therefore the ///M stripes run vertically. This means that with a tablet in the case the stripes run horizontally if you have the tablet in "landscape" format.

I think that these things are measured along the diagonal. An standard iPad is 9.7" whilst the iPad Mini is 7.9", so I assume the case I have fits devices within a range of 7" to 8" along the diagonal.

Does that make it clear? I wasn't confused before I wrote this - I am now! :P

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:02 am

RickRob wrote:
john-e89 wrote:

John

The measurements of the box are 9" by 6.25". This means that the ///M logo is the right way up when the vertical is the 9" and therefore the ///M stripes run vertically. This means that with a tablet in the case the stripes run horizontally if you have the tablet in "landscape" format.

I think that these things are measured along the diagonal. An standard iPad is 9.7" whilst the iPad Mini is 7.9", so I assume the case I have fits devices within a range of 7" to 8" along the diagonal.

Does that make it clear? I wasn't confused before I wrote this - I am now! :P
Yes unfortunately it's too small Rick, shame that, I would have had that sir.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Geresey

Post by Geresey » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:30 pm

Still for sale? PM sent