Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wanted xenon headlights

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Marius

Wanted xenon headlights

Post by Marius » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Matt85 wrote:I spoke with one guy he is mechanic for bmw and he works private as well, so he said he can fit non xenon ones face lift with clear indicator, only i need lights module witch i have removed from 2006 z4 cost me 20 pounds and headlights witch i find in germany they breaking 2006 model(rhd) and it will cost me 500 euros for 2 of them with dellivery + plus cost to fit them. i was staing in the garage for 4 hours watched all the job how they been dried out and sealed. So it looks like its deff not back cover problem there might be crack on the headlight itself. Or another option is to fit aftermarket non xenon with angel eyes black inside from ebay 460 pounds
you can fit facelift lights without replacing modules ,it's just mater of swapping few wires .

Matt85

Wanted xenon headlights

Post by Matt85 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:31 pm

I think so need to ask the guy
Brembo discs, custom 19 alloys,msport suspension bushes,k&n air filter,msport seats,msport steering wheels,interior carbon wraped+custom paint job few interior parts,MMexhaust ends,grom usb3 with Bluetooth,tinted headlights,rear lights.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Wanted xenon headlights

Post by MACK » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Matt85 wrote:I spoke with one guy he is mechanic for bmw and he works private as well, so he said he can fit non xenon ones face lift with clear indicator, only i need lights module witch i have removed from 2006 z4 cost me 20 pounds and headlights witch i find in germany they breaking 2006 model(rhd) and it will cost me 500 euros for 2 of them with dellivery + plus cost to fit them. i was staing in the garage for 4 hours watched all the job how they been dried out and sealed. So it looks like its deff not back cover problem there might be crack on the headlight itself. Or another option is to fit aftermarket non xenon with angel eyes black inside from ebay 460 pounds
You drying them out in a cold, damp garage in winter for a few hours. That's probably your issue, unless there is a crack in the unit your not seeing/sealing. You need to try drying them out for a few days (not hours) in a house/office etc where its warm and critically the air is much drier. Certainly before you spend £500+. Unless of course you want to move to clear indicators anyway but even then its a lot of dosh.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)