Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Backbox delete pipes

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
jpvd

Backbox delete pipes

Post by jpvd » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi All

Backbox delete pipes for sale in stainless steel

bought them on here a couple of weeks back - unfortunately they didn't fit my 2.2 properly, as they came from a 3.0. I also didn't like how loud they were, so have now had a custom backbox fitted which is more to my liking.

Will put some photo's up this week, but any questions just PM me or reply here.

Looking for offers around £80.....comes with clamps

Cheers
Paul

Steveo1570

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Steveo1570 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Hi Paul
I'm interested. Where are you located?
Regards,
Steve
3.0 Auto. Sapphire Black. Red M Sport leather seats, Electric and heated. Sat/Nav. All standard, exactly the same as the day it came out of the factory except for the stubby! Oh, and the 170,000+ miles on the clock!

Buckz

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Buckz » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Didn't these sell for £60? :|

M1ghty_m0use

Backbox delete pipes

Post by M1ghty_m0use » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:58 pm

Lol :rofl: think people forget you can look at member past posts

http://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=93709 original thread

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Buckz wrote:Didn't these sell for £60? :|
Yup, were listed @ £60 - Delivered....

Mike

Rusky

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Rusky » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:21 pm

some people eh, not good on a forum of enthusiasts :thumbsdown:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

jpvd

Backbox delete pipes

Post by jpvd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 am

Hi all...still have these if interested and yes they did sell at £60, but it cost me in installation costs, so trying to recoupe some cost.....if you goto a exhaust shop it would cost around £100-150 to have these made so still good value.....

i'm based in huddersfield but can post and will post up some photos when i get chance or i can email across if preferred...

cheers
paul

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Smartbear » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 am

jpvd wrote:Hi all...still have these if interested and yes they did sell at £60, but it cost me in installation costs, so trying to recoupe some cost.....if you goto a exhaust shop it would cost around £100-150 to have these made so still good value.....

i'm based in huddersfield but can post and will post up some photos when i get chance or i can email across if preferred...

cheers
paul
You can't seriously expect forum members to pay for your installation costs, poor show & not in the spirit of the forum imho :thumbsdown:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:58 am

Smartbear wrote:
jpvd wrote:Hi all...still have these if interested and yes they did sell at £60, but it cost me in installation costs, so trying to recoupe some cost.....if you goto a exhaust shop it would cost around £100-150 to have these made so still good value.....

cheers
paul
You can't seriously expect forum members to pay for your installation costs, poor show & not in the spirit of the forum imho :thumbsdown:
Rob

Beat me to it - Although, I would have said "you expect someone else to pay for YOUR mistake???" :fuelfire:

Mike

jpvd

Backbox delete pipes

Post by jpvd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 pm

seriously gents....can we stop the bitching....this is why i hate these forums sometimes.... :thumbsdown:

if anyone wants to make an offer then no problem.... i'm not being funny here but i bought it from a guy on this forum and it turned out to be a waste of money for me...my fault...but if anyone wants to buy it for the price i paid then they can offer it.....

mines the 2.2 and it wasn't a straight fit like i hoped and it would have required some cutting and welding.... but it is stainless and great condition.... I ran it for a couple of days, with it simply bolted, but it didn't look right (projected too far out) and was too loud. So I had it removed and went for a custom built system from exhaustsuk in sheffield (formerly ascar). They did an awesome job and it sounds exactly how i like it now and looks great.....so really happy with it now....

it will go on ebay next week if no-one is interested....

cheers

Roundozo

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Roundozo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:26 pm

jpvd wrote:seriously gents....can we stop the bitching....this is why i hate these forums sometimes.... :thumbsdown:
The "bitching" you are receiving is because your trying to gain money out of forum members for an item you obviously paid less for. If your forum behaviour has been like this on other forums i can see why you think they suck. If that's the case sell your stuff elsewhere.

If you drove out to the shops to buy a TV but didn't like it, would you then sell it for more than you bought it for to "cover" petrol costs?

What the forum is trying to tell you here is either advertise them for the same price or lower. I don't think you'll get any takers at £80 knowing you bought for less.
Past - Z4 Coupe, gone but not forgotten
Present - 530d M sport touring

jpvd

Backbox delete pipes

Post by jpvd » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:36 pm

have you actually read "all" my response above?.....i'm not trying to rip anybody off, so please stop accusing me of doing so....its all getting a bit ridiculous now..

what i hate about some forums i used to use (many, many years ago when i built track and rally cars) is there is always a group of keyboard warriors who love to talk everybody else down, bitch and moan...you have made your point - i have taken it on board and i have explained that above.... now move on.....i am sure there are more important things to worry about than how much i am selling a set of pipes for on online forum....

cheers

idej_z4

Backbox delete pipes

Post by idej_z4 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 pm

While I agree you should be able to set the price you want to sell an item, you have to remember a couple of things:

1. Yes this is forum, but in my 12 months of being on here I've found it to be more like a club, and you don't rip off members of your team...in fact, quite the opposite - you help them out where you can. You never know when you might need their help...that is one of the reasons I always sell my items lower than I would put them up on eBay.
2. You're selling to fellow enthusiasts - so what if you lose a buck or two...at least you'll know its gone to someone who is going to use it and enjoy it, and not looking to make money out of you (as can be the case on eBay or Gumtree).

Thats my 2p for what its worth.

GLWTS. :)

Buckz

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Buckz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:45 pm

idej_jedi wrote:While I agree you should be able to set the price you want to sell an item, you have to remember a couple of things:

1. Yes this is forum, but in my 12 months of being on here I've found it to be more like a club, and you don't rip off members of your team...in fact, quite the opposite - you help them out where you can. You never know when you might need their help...that is one of the reasons I always sell my items lower than I would put them up on eBay.
2. You're selling to fellow enthusiasts - so what if you lose a buck or two...at least you'll know its gone to someone who is going to use it and enjoy it, and not looking to make money out of you (as can be the case on eBay or Gumtree).

Thats my 2p for what its worth.

GLWTS. :)
+1

if you're trying to profit from s**t go to ebay and enjoy your pennies ;)

Kbs133

Backbox delete pipes

Post by Kbs133 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Stupid questionof the day... what is a back box delete.

Please humour me I am a newbie :poke:
3.0SI, Black