Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Convertible Top side covers

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 pm

It's stupid really as only moulded plastic
Should've come with each car in first place

If I manage to buy
Ill get mate to work out costs etc
And then if it's viable
Do a group deal to bring costs down :)

Just an idea at mo

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am

D4dawg wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 pm It's stupid really as only moulded plastic

If I manage to buy
And then if it's viable

Just an idea at mo
as much as I would like them. the whole fact you need to clip them in and then off again every time you put the roof up and down makes them IMO useless.

they do look good however for me to even test the water with them they would need to be cheap. as it's likely i'd use them once and never again.

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed May 10, 2017 12:23 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 10:59 am
D4dawg wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 pm It's stupid really as only moulded plastic

If I manage to buy
And then if it's viable

Just an idea at mo
as much as I would like them. the whole fact you need to clip them in and then off again every time you put the roof up and down makes them IMO useless.

they do look good however for me to even test the water with them they would need to be cheap. as it's likely i'd use them once and never again.
Hahah I'll probably do the same
I'm guessing at shows or on long trips
Plus if have my own ones done in carbon;)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed May 10, 2017 12:25 pm

They do have a place/market, many zeds are complete garage queens and only come out on the nicest of days and the roof is down all day, for some they never put it up, even in the garage. This is particularly true in warmer climates. Mate of mine lives in Texas and has had a Porsche for about 10 years from new. I think that things only had the roof up for washing!

For many like me who have the roof up and down repeatedly on the same day they are an indulgence/hassle and I wouldn't want to forget to remove them before putting the roof up, be bad enough at £20 a pair, never mind nearly £200 used!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

SonnyA85

Post by SonnyA85 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 pm

it's a shame they didn't come up with a much better automated solution. now that would be worth paying £200 for.

not putting roof up in a garage? dust and all sorts would still get in. never mind insects, spiders, etc. parking outside would be madness to do. could find birds nesting in it 1 day or covered in bird poo, etc or neighborhood cats clawed all your seats.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 pm

SonnyA85 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 12:36 pm it's a shame they didn't come up with a much better automated solution. now that would be worth paying £200 for.

not putting roof up in a garage? dust and all sorts would still get in. never mind insects, spiders, etc. parking outside would be madness to do. could find birds nesting in it 1 day or covered in bird poo, etc or neighborhood cats clawed all your seats.
You should see his garage its like a palace. Coming to think of it his house is bigger than most palaces!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed May 10, 2017 3:10 pm

All good points
Will have to see if can get a pair and get mate to look into the moulding process for them, and what sort of materials they can come up with ?
Possibly coloured if injection moulded :)

theribs

Post by theribs » Sun May 21, 2017 9:56 pm

D4dawg did you manage to get the covers from ebay??
How long do we have to wait until we can buy some repros from you at a reasonable forum price?? :poke:
3.0si Roadster in Titanium Silver as featured in the 2006 brochures.

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 am

Mate they went for 132 !
Too much for 2 pieces of plastic in my mind
As wanted to buy them then sell to someone cheaper once done the mould
So I'll keep an eye out for some