Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW Z4 E85/E86 BBK WP PRO

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:10 am

Marius wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am
mmm-five wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:38 pm If they were bought direct from WP (WinnerPower I believe), and were given the wrong info, then surely they can just get a full refund?

More importantly, how much did they pay for them? Not the 'WP retail price' as quoted in the text message, but the auction price?
Exactly my thoughs, also I don see anyone paying that much when you can get ap's for less.
I only put a price down that reflected the retail cost according to WP, I've no idea what to sell them for to be honest, it's the only set ever made by WP which I've heard are a well respected company in this line of parts in the racing scene etc. I'm no expert so apologies if ive upset anyone regarding the price, what else am I going to do with them, that's why I posted here as I thought this is thee place to sell these sort of parts? And get advice.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am

Sounds like you know exactly what you want from them having read the fb posts. Even if they are going for retail or less you're making a large mark up by your own admission, a pretty silly thing to do.
What can you do? Sell for what you paid and postage could be one option.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am

Scooba_Steve wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am Sounds like you know exactly what you want from them having read the fb posts. Even if they are going for retail or less you're making a large mark up by your own admission, a pretty silly thing to do.
What can you do? Sell for what you paid and postage could be one option.
I've no interest tbh on making a profit all I want is a BBK for my E89 that's all iv talked about over the past year, so if I can sell these to do so or even swap them for a kit I would. Someone will still get an awesome setup for cheaper than they need to pay, I'm just fortunate/lucky enough after a year of constantly searching (lot of time spent searching and travelling) to have been in the right place at the right time and grabbed a bargain to which I think that auction house haven't had a clue what they were selling.

What kind of price is in a full BBK for an E85/6 from a descent manufacturer, had a quick look and fronts alone are near enough 3k

Honestly not out to take the piss, if I was I'd be selling for more than what there worth.

But these are brand new, never actually fitted to a car or used I found out.

Think I'll just remove the post from here as obviously I'm upsetting some people and that was never my intention and just call it a day here.

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 am

If I delete my profile here do all my threads etc go with it?

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:20 am

The White Wolf wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 am If I delete my profile here do all my threads etc go with it?
No need to go mate, take it on the chin and move on. Perhaps be a little more active and get to know how the place spins. I'm afraid you'll always get the odd jelly spined keyboard warrior saying nasty things for fun, it's just how some 'f***ed up people' are. It's good to see some different cars, it'd be boring if we all followed the same route.

Anyway up to you, hopefully you'll stay on. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 am

Other than the logo stickers, I like your car - would be a shame for you to leave over this, if 'taking the piss' was never your intention.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 am

john-e89 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:20 am
The White Wolf wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:19 am If I delete my profile here do all my threads etc go with it?
No need to go mate, take it on the chin and move on. Perhaps be a little more active and get to know how the place spins. I'm afraid you'll always get the odd jelly spined keyboard warrior saying nasty things for fun, it's just how some 'f***ed up people' are. It's good to see some different cars, it'd be boring if we all followed the same route.

Anyway up to you, hopefully you'll stay on. :thumbsup:
Cheers John, don't have time to listen to negative comments and get ribbed on a Z4 FORUM about the car (a z4 may i add :roll: ) I spent a lot of money and time on as I'm an individual with my own vision or trying to maybe help sell something Z4 related (which I won't be doing on here again)

But yeah I know there is always a select few who wish to rock the boat, but honestly it doesn't bother me as much as it used too, so I tend to just up and leave such situation/groups etc as life's to short to stress over comments on a forum/social media.

Some really nice members on here that have helped me out genuinely and I'll stick around for them. But I'll delete this thread so I'm not hit with messages and in future if I need help with anything I'll private message the members I know.

Again Cheers John

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:39 am

enzed4 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:26 am Other than the logo stickers, I like your car - would be a shame for you to leave over this, if 'taking the piss' was never your intention.
Certainly was never my intention mate, but lesson learnt.

Yeah I completely understand regarding decals 100%, the car has that marmite reaction but I wanted to do something different amd not follow the crowd solely for shows and I'm succeeding in my eyes anyway.

Cheers

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm

I really like your car and love people following there dreams and vision good luck to you.

This brake thread has gone s bad way. I get your point though. You listed a price that can always go down not up! And anyone can make an offer. Your just trying to make as much as you can for your bbk. It just comes across sneaky. Your being upfront about it so credit to you.

Don't go leaving!! Have you looked at if M brakes fit?
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:16 pm I really like your car and love people following there dreams and vision good luck to you.

This brake thread has gone s bad way. I get your point though. You listed a price that can always go down not up! And anyone can make an offer. Your just trying to make as much as you can for your bbk. It just comes across sneaky. Your being upfront about it so credit to you.

Don't go leaving!! Have you looked at if M brakes fit?
Thanks mate,

Yeah wish I never bothered posting it tbh, but as mentioned before iv learned a lesson. I won't go but won't be posting much unless required.

Never meant to be sneaky, just inexperienced I suppose :?

Yes I'm sure M brakes do fit with some modification (unfortunately I don't have those skills) but without the stress of doing it I'd rather just get a straight fit BBK which the only company I know that do them for the E89 is PB BRAKES plus I can customise the design of them, there about £3200 + shipping etc, not as good as WP PRO BRAKES buy tbh I don't need all that stopping power so wasted on me.

I'll stick around but will delete this topic/thread this evening just to give anyone a chance to read my replies to their comments.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Do stick around. I don't venture into the e89 area as I have a 85. But do you have a thread about your car? Looks like a labour of love. So worth doing one if not.

It's a friendly place hear mostly. Like anywhere work school the pub there are some good some great and some d1cka :rofl:

If I had the cash I would make you an offer for them. As I think they would be really good on my car. If you go the modding route I can bachibe weld or make bits for you. I would just need these brakes in payment :rofl:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

The White Wolf

Post by The White Wolf » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:54 pm Do stick around. I don't venture into the e89 area as I have a 85. But do you have a thread about your car? Looks like a labour of love. So worth doing one if not.

It's a friendly place hear mostly. Like anywhere work school the pub there are some good some great and some d1cka :rofl:

If I had the cash I would make you an offer for them. As I think they would be really good on my car. If you go the modding route I can bachibe weld or make bits for you. I would just need these brakes in payment :rofl:
Never made a thread on the car tbh just on Facebook and Instagram @whitewolfz4 but I will look into doing one maybe, still lots to be done this year to it.

Lol I'll keep that offer in mind :wink:

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:41 pm

Gday Steve, appreciate you posting, really i do and i know how much searching goes into a bbk, i was at it for 2 years before settling on a set.
one thing though, if your flogging off something worth 4k (regardless on how much you got it for, as i do recon they would be worth that) you GOTTA post up part numbers mate. the other problem is how do you get replacement parts? if you can't get new rotors or pads/shims/boots, the kit is pretty much worth jack all. thats why you gotta include part numbers for something like this.

ps, i like white e89's, esp the roof, they are sex on a stick.

and i second a build thread man, not enough of them as it is, let alone e89's.

Peace, love and mung beans!
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3