Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Wed May 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi All,

Looking to purchase a front drivers side wing for my z4. Colour is sterling grey and would preferably want to buy one which is the same colour. My current one has had rust bubbles ever since I bought it two years ago and its gradually getting worse. I'm looking to purchase one which contains no signs of rust.

If you/or know anyone breaking a z4, please get in touch.

Thank you! :thumbsup:
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed May 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Ricardo1992 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 1:28 pm
Hi All,

Looking to purchase a front drivers side wing for my z4. Colour is sterling grey and would preferably want to buy one which is the same colour. My current one has had rust bubbles ever since I bought it two years ago and its gradually getting worse. I'm looking to purchase one which contains no signs of rust.

If you/or know anyone breaking a z4, please get in touch.

Thank you! :thumbsup:
I have a MINT pair, bought to replace mine, but as my car is going in for paint on Mon, I'm getting them to repair and paint it.

Totally rust free.

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Brilliant. You looking to sell? How much for?
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

I paid £75 each for them, happy to let forum members have for same.

Can wrap copiously in bubble wrap and cardboard if you want to arrange a courier?

They are currently stored in the Daughters's car (for safety from damage) so I don't have any photos's, but they are mint, with factory paint. Only reason I'm not fitting to mine, is that I was originally just going to replace the wings due to a small bit of damage on each of mine, BUT I'm now getting the bumpers and boot painted, so rather than mess up the alignment etc, I'll get the fronts repaired and painted at the same time.

Surely if one of your's is rusting, the other can't be far behind? Apparently they start on the inside above the arch and behind headlights, these are totally rust free in those, and all areas.

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm
I paid £75 each for them, happy to let forum members have for same.

Can wrap copiously in bubble wrap and cardboard if you want to arrange a courier?

They are currently stored in the Daughters's car (for safety from damage) so I don't have any photos's, but they are mint, with factory paint. Only reason I'm not fitting to mine, is that I was originally just going to replace the wings due to a small bit of damage on each of mine, BUT I'm now getting the bumpers and boot painted, so rather than mess up the alignment etc, I'll get the fronts repaired and painted at the same time.

Surely if one of your's is rusting, the other can't be far behind? Apparently they start on the inside above the arch and behind headlights, these are totally rust free in those, and all areas.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Really interested. I looked under the other side a couple weeks ago and it looked like it was starting on the inside but no bubbling on the exterior after the lip if that makes sense. However if these are in mint condition, I might as well take both of them off your hands if they are for sale! Stupid question and I hopefully know the answer to this but is is it the sterling grey?
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed May 10, 2017 5:29 pm

Yes, Sterling Grey. I measured the paint thickness on them with my gauge, and am pretty certain they are original factory paint, no signs of repairs or damage.

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 5:29 pm
Yes, Sterling Grey. I measured the paint thickness on them with my gauge, and am pretty certain they are original factory paint, no signs of repairs or damage.

Mike
Brilliant. Well I'll start looking at couriers tonight. What part of the country do you stay?
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Collection from our shop in WA11.

You want me to get some photos in the morning, if you are happy I can then wrap and let you have dimensions/weight?

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm
Collection from our shop in WA11.

You want me to get some photos in the morning, if you are happy I can then wrap and let you have dimensions/weight?

Mike
That would be perfect. Many thanks.
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
ben g
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5640
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:20 pm
Location: Essex

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by ben g » Wed May 10, 2017 8:31 pm

I'd be happy to take the n/s (passenger) side front wing off your hands if you don't need it?

Mine unfortunately has 3 dents and a scuff in it, due to a lorry who drove into the side of me and then drove off :headbang:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Quad clear spot rear lights, Sport MFSW, ZHP, Gaptech RCH, Strut Brace.

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri May 12, 2017 10:38 am

Pics of the wings as promised. Just started raining so I'd given them a wipe with detailer spray.

Small mark on one of them that I didn't spot, but it will polish out.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Ricardo1992
Member
Member
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 pm
Location: Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Contact:

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ricardo1992 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:50 am

Looks good Mike! I wouldn't mind taking one (the O/S) off your hands if you are willing to sell them separately and the other one to go to 'ben g' as he seems to need the N/S more than me. :thumbsup: However if he changes his mind, Ill happily take both as they seem to be in great condition! :D
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam
Image

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am

Ok, so Ricardo1992 is having the OS one, collecting it next week, so that leaves the NS one if you are interested ben g or anyone else, before I start a FS thread?

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

User avatar
Behr
Member
Member
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:00 am

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Behr » Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am

I'll take the NS wing if still available :)
"It's got red seats and the roof comes off. What's not to love?"

User avatar
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3549
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Merseyside

Wanted: E85/ E86 Front OS/Drivers side wing

Post by Ducklakeview » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

Behr wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am
I'll take the NS wing if still available :)
Pm'd..

Mike
Roof motor repairs/relocations are what I'm good at, oh and exhaust mods!
I can now also refurbish your VANOS and restore all that missing mid-range grunt.
Contact me @ zed4mods@gmail.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 59custom and 13 guests