Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

eBay: facelift front and rear lights!

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 am

The wiring shouldn't be too hard to map (if it is possible) but the programming might take a lot of trial and error... I haven't studied the differences between the two on WDS nor have I compared traces from a pre and post Xenon LCM though. If someone really wanted to take the plunge I'd happily do some investigating.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Sun May 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Worcester_spoon wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 7:22 am
MACK wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 am Not a straight fit though are they? I thought post xenons on a pre needed rewiring and some coding as well.
This ^

I spent months looking into this and it's pretty much impossible. Different kit entirely to the prefacelift xenons that requires cracking open the control unit and reprogramming. Never found anyone willing or capable to do this.

If you want clear pre facelift xenons, cut n shut is the only option really.
I thought it was possible. Just needed some coding (and possibly wire cannibalising)? :?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71