Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eurocarparts weekend discount

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Fri May 26, 2017 10:28 am

Wasn't sure where to put this, but buy and sell seems most obvious.

ECP have a bank holiday weekend bonanza with up to 60% off. Code is CRAZY99

Just picked up 4ltr of Castrol Edge FST 0W-40, reduced from £65 to £40.
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am

Don't get me wrong, as I have & do use ECP and their discount codes when it works out at the best price, but have you noticed how frequently they artificially manufacture these savings by ramping up the prices at the same time as giving out discount codes.

For example...their front brake discs for a Z4M (which they regularly sell for about £165), have gone up to £270 - which comes back down to about £165 when you take into account their 'weekend discount code', same goes for their oil...which was about £41 without a discount code.

The average punter seems to think buying a £200 item with a 50% discount is better than buying the same item for £100.

That Castrol Edge is £42 from their sister website CarParts4Less.

So if you want cheap prices all the time, without having to hunt though the whole ECP catalogue to see what actually is a bargain, then just use CarParts4Less.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am

Fair point. I also bought through a discount site called completesavings.co.uk, which gave me a further 10% discount and as it was my first ECP purchase through them, another £5 intro bonus, so I actually paid £31 for it. Still a valid point though.
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

thecremeegg

Post by thecremeegg » Fri May 26, 2017 7:09 pm

mmm-five wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am Don't get me wrong, as I have & do use ECP and their discount codes when it works out at the best price, but have you noticed how frequently they artificially manufacture these savings by ramping up the prices at the same time as giving out discount codes.

For example...their front brake discs for a Z4M (which they regularly sell for about £165), have gone up to £270 - which comes back down to about £165 when you take into account their 'weekend discount code', same goes for their oil...which was about £41 without a discount code.

The average punter seems to think buying a £200 item with a 50% discount is better than buying the same item for £100.

So if you want cheap prices all the time, without having to hunt though the whole ECP catalogue to see what actually is a bargain, then just use CarParts4Less.
You say that, but I always google the product and you can't often get them cheaper
Z4M - Interlagos Blue with Black Leather
Z4 3.0i - Sapphire Black with Red Leather - FOR SALE!

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri May 26, 2017 7:25 pm

mmm-five wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 11:33 am Don't get me wrong, as I have & do use ECP and their discount codes when it works out at the best price, but have you noticed how frequently they artificially manufacture these savings by ramping up the prices at the same time as giving out discount codes.

Dead right and GSF their main competitor do exactly the same. These two have more sales than DFS! I'm sure I'm far from alone in getting emails every week without fail with "sales codes" from both of them
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)