Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS Electric folding mirrors. SOLD

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

FS Electric folding mirrors.

Post by Chris_D » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:06 pm
Chris_D wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:47 pm
Machine monkey wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:07 pm These are now advertised elsware too.
Keep hold of them Mat. You already inferred you didnt really want to get rid. Get a crowdfund account sorted pronto! I guarantee you will achieve what you're looking for financially and possibly more from donations made by us lot. Plus, we're all keen to see the finished article. Win Win fella ;) Do it now.... :poke:
Yeah but cash is mega tight!! And the mirrors will still be electric. I don't use them much?!
Understood. But get urself sorted with a crowdfund account asap so we can donate some cash to you. Youve already had pledges in this thread and i'm sure more will chip in! Then you can buy the bits you need and keep hold of the mirrors. Nothing ventured nothing gained ;)
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:52 pm

I don't know you Matt. But in the short time I have been a member I have had a lot of useful and friendly advice from forum members. It's great to belong to a community where people genuinely want to help. I would be very pleased to chip in. Good luck with it all and please let us know if you set up a crowd funding account.

Silverzedtom

Post by Silverzedtom » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:23 am

Another that will happily chip in here :thumbsup:
Nicely summed up by IRD
E85 2.5si
F55 Cooper S

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks guys thats very kind. :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:56 am

It's live....

Machine Monkey's Arse-End Turbo fund... viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97639&
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:49 pm

Thanks Perry.

Any takers on the mirrors I will be removing them Sunday and having a look at taking of the plastic outer shell.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 pm

All removed and ready for there new owner. Who wants them I can post them tomorrow. I will also be looking to see if the covers come off.
IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2896.JPG (221.73 KiB) Viewed 1187 times

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 pm All removed and ready for there new owner. Who wants them I can post them tomorrow. I will also be looking to see if the covers come off. IMG_2896.JPG
How much are you looking for?
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:19 pm

flimper wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:43 pm
Machine monkey wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:48 pm All removed and ready for there new owner. Who wants them I can post them tomorrow. I will also be looking to see if the covers come off. IMG_2896.JPG
How much are you looking for?
From opening page of post :thumbsup:

I am removing no essential weight and unnecessary luxuries from my car. And i am skint and need a few things to finish of my build. In this case a wide band sensor and gauge. So i am offering for sale (and swap for your mirrors and switch) my power fold mirrors switch and control module. I would like £250 for the lot (seen single mirrors like this going for £130 without the module. I am as always open to offers i can only say yes or no.

I believe if your car is pre October 2004 these will be a straight swap. Later cars you will have to do some research. I am happy to remove any looms if easy to do so. I believe but will check the colour coded covers should come off so swapping should be easy.

Monkey
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:42 pm

£250 but open to offers?

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

The outer shells do remove - you would need to take the mirrors out first but there are a few torx bolts holding it all together. I removed mine when I tried a rubberised paint wrap a couple of years back.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 pm

markeg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm The outer shells do remove - you would need to take the mirrors out first but there are a few torx bolts holding it all together. I removed mine when I tried a rubberised paint wrap a couple of years back.
Thanks Mark

How do you take the mirrors out? Just so I don't brake them!!

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

Post by markeg » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Machine monkey wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:25 pm
markeg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm The outer shells do remove - you would need to take the mirrors out first but there are a few torx bolts holding it all together. I removed mine when I tried a rubberised paint wrap a couple of years back.
Thanks Mark

How do you take the mirrors out? Just so I don't brake them!!
There's a sliding lock in the top part of the mirror - not easy to see, but you need to rotate the mirror to point towards the floor, then slide the lock to the left - it looks like a piece of plastic with a grove cut into it. I used a small electrical mains tester screwdriver as it fitted easily. You may want to put some masking tape on the mirror & housing in case you slip!
IMG_1224 2.jpg
IMG_1224 2.jpg (116.23 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Once it slides left, the mirror should the come straight out. You will see some torx bolts to the left (looking a tad rusty) holding the black plastic mechanism to the red housing, there are others but you'll need to check (its a couple of years since I removed the shell, & old age is kicking in...) :
IMG_1225.jpg
IMG_1225.jpg (136.76 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Also, don't forget the torx bolt underneath!!
IMG_1226.jpg
IMG_1226.jpg (77.99 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:27 am

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:28 am

So then as these swap who wants them?