Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WTB: Z4M Aftermarket Exhaust

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
zomby

Post by zomby » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi all, I’m looking to buy an aftermarket exhaust for my Z4MC. I'm basically after something louder than stock but without too much drone; having said that I don’t do too many motorway miles so that wouldn’t be the end of the world. I've done a fair bit of research and the Remus and Stromung exhausts seem to fit the bill, although I’d consider others if someone has them lying around.

I’m based in Birmingham & Solihull and don’t mind travelling a bit to collect :driving: Alternatively if you’re happy to ship then even better!
Z4M Coupé - Sapphire Black/Imola Leather/Eventuri/BCS Powervalve Exhaust/Eibach Springs/Spacers/CSLs/Illuminated ZHP/Stubby

FN2 CTR - Daily

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Ducklakeview is the man ;) get his exhaust mod done

nichollsz4

Post by nichollsz4 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Zomby,

Just had the exhaust mod done on mine and cannot recommend it enough. I got mine done at Powerflow (thought they'd gone to be honest) and its totally changes the car character.

Costs are around £200, so a decent saving over getting a new cat back system.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Here is your other option: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=94234&hilit=best+modification

Another member is having the same modification fitted today, will wait and see what his thoughts are..... :popcorn:
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 pm

Just to add to the conversation, I've had Machine Monkey aka Mat modify my back boxes. I was after what you've described - no drone, no boom/angry wasp sound, but a deeper growl. The bonus with this route is it's an easy swap over, no issues aligning, it sounds great and you don't look and sound like a Corsa B with bucket on the back.

I'll up load a video to the threads tonight.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Depends on your budget op but im on my second ZMR & had BCS backboxes fitted to both .
Quality is extremely high & tone is terrific :evil: no drone & can still converse in cabin :D the looks of the Oem are also mirrored but sized up so they also look great too :thumbsup:

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

zomby

Post by zomby » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks for the advice guys! I forgot to add that I'm considering the aftermarket back box route as when/if the day does come to sell the car, I'd want to be able to return it to stock as easily as possible (am I sad for thinking that far ahead??? :P) . Am I right in saying that unless I got my hands on some extra OEM boxes that these mods would not be reversible?
Buckz wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:23 pm Ducklakeview is the man ;) get his exhaust mod done
I did come across this but didn't know he could do the mod for an M as well? The videos don't seem to be working either :(

mr wilks wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm Depends on your budget op but im on my second Z & had BCS backboxes fitted to both .
Quality is extremely high & tone is terrific :evil: no drone & can still converse in cabin :D the looks of the Oem are also mirrored but sized up so they also look great too :thumbsup:
I hadn't considered this, thanks for the tip! How much would this cost?
Z4M Coupé - Sapphire Black/Imola Leather/Eventuri/BCS Powervalve Exhaust/Eibach Springs/Spacers/CSLs/Illuminated ZHP/Stubby

FN2 CTR - Daily

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:00 pm

zomby wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 pm
mr wilks wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 pm Depends on your budget op but im on my second Z & had BCS backboxes fitted to both .
I hadn't considered this, thanks for the tip! How much would this cost?
You would have to confirm prices with Nige at BCS (St Helens) , "Stevo///M3" is having a set fitted this week or next i think :?
Price is around £875 but don't quote me as i know they were about to increase when i was there in May
Link here to them running although hard to convey the tone when cracking on roofdown :evil: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUXA6gLDGa6 ... dybmwheels
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:53 am

zomby wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:51 pm Thanks for the advice guys! I forgot to add that I'm considering the aftermarket back box route as when/if the day does come to sell the car, I'd want to be able to return it to stock as easily as possible (am I sad for thinking that far ahead??? :P) . Am I right in saying that unless I got my hands on some extra OEM boxes that these mods would not be reversible?
Once the back boxes are modded, you can't reverse it easily as far as I know, so you'd either need to keep your old ones as spares or buy another set of standard boxes (there is/was a glut of these at the moment in the FS section).

I'd advise simply keeping your old boxes for the sake of £2-300.