Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: Various parts including soft top covers

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:31 pm

mfrancis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:29 pm
JAD wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am
Having frequented car forums for over 12 years, I might add that the above is in no way intended to be aggressive, nor argumentative.

Thank you.

James
I apologise, often the printed word wrongly conveys the manner in which it is meant.
My sentiments reflect yours.
As you also I think it's the frustration that creeps in.

Have you already sold your M then?
No apologies here, sir!

I have, sadly - it is still on my drive but the dealer has paid a deposit, for collection on Wednesday. Onward and upward!

greg81

Post by greg81 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:39 pm

The guy made a mistake, and came on to rectify it after suggested he do so.

People are too quick to start a witch-hunt sometimes!

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:49 pm

images (5).jpg
images (5).jpg (83.86 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Misunderstandings happen with writing, online and by text and email, all too quickly and easily as theres no tone of voice or facial expressions.

On a lighter note thanks James for a pleasant transaction! I can't speak for others but despite the price issues earlier in this thread you were more than reasonable and we had a pain free negotiation which ended on a price we were both happy with! :thumbsup:
I wish all transactions on forums were so easy!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:21 pm

mfrancis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am
D4dawg wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm Hope don't find my being rude buddy

But why post here if on eBay as not as if members can buy without fighting with some muppet on there?
I agree.
Especially as the eBay ads say no offers, no buy it now, etc.
Just purely advertising on here!

I thought the rules say no profiteering on here?
If profiteering wasn't allowed on here, no one would be able to sell their soft top side covers or Z4M's... So yeah, banning profiteering doesn't work.

Just accept people what pay what they think it's worth. If it isn't worth the money, stuff wouldn't sell.

This is why I have never bothered trying to sell my bi-colour sport seats and doorcards on here, not worth the effort, as people want something for nothing.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mfrancis

Post by mfrancis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:35 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:21 pm
mfrancis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am
D4dawg wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm Hope don't find my being rude buddy

But why post here if on eBay as not as if members can buy without fighting with some muppet on there?
I agree.
Especially as the eBay ads say no offers, no buy it now, etc.
Just purely advertising on here!

I thought the rules say no profiteering on here?
If profiteering wasn't allowed on here, no one would be able to sell their soft top side covers or Z4M's... So yeah, banning profiteering doesn't work.

Just accept people what pay what they think it's worth. If it isn't worth the money, stuff wouldn't sell.

This is why I have never bothered trying to sell my bi-colour sport seats and doorcards on here, not worth the effort, as people want something for nothing.
Please don't take this the wrong way but having only very recently read the rules I was simply stating a fact.
Copied from said rules:

"Profiteering:

Items must not be sold for more than the original price paid by the seller including any post and packing charges.

mfrancis

Post by mfrancis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Perhaps the rules need changing?

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:44 pm

mfrancis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm Perhaps the rules need changing?
I have to admit, while the forum spirit is something of great importance, it is never going to stop someone from selling an item for its true worth. I cannot imagine someone offering another member £45 for soft top side overs, as per what the item cost when new, when items are going for four times that...

Surely that rule is in place to stop the recent example in memory of someone buying a set of brakes off eBay for £1,000 and trying to flog them on here for £2,500...

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:03 pm

Must say, I'm a bit confused by this. Are we supposed to make offers for the items on this thread, make bids on eBay, or is the price you listed the price you want?
I am interested in the window switch.
Thanks
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Simon Blythe

Post by Simon Blythe » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:37 pm

I have to admit that I'm a little bit confused too, I bid on the gear knob via the eBay link only to find my bid cancelled a few hours later. I'm not sure of the wisdom in inviting people to vote on an eBay advert only to end the auction once you have received the "right" offer. We are all aware that most M levelled item have an unwarranted (in my opinion) premium so why not just put a price on that you'd like for them on the original post. People will then either buy or not.

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:14 pm

All that escalated quickly :?

Jad I'm not one for being rude buddy :)
Hence stated that

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Ok this thread has started out with good intentions but is not going to plan.

To the OP, if you want to sell the items on here, please list them for sale on here with a price and give folks a chance. If you want to auction them to the highest bidder, please list them on eBay instead.