Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: Various parts including soft top covers

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:18 pm

Edited - Wondermike.
Last edited by JAD on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm

Hope don't find my being rude buddy

But why post here if on eBay as not as if members can buy without fighting with some muppet on there?

Truth

Post by Truth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 am

I've pm'd you regarding the F10 gearknob. Thank you
Z4MC

mfrancis

Post by mfrancis » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:54 am

D4dawg wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:38 pm Hope don't find my being rude buddy

But why post here if on eBay as not as if members can buy without fighting with some muppet on there?
I agree.
Especially as the eBay ads say no offers, no buy it now, etc.
Just purely advertising on here!

I thought the rules say no profiteering on here?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:01 am

Ads on here should have a price according to forum rules, its fair enough having an ebay ad as well, but a buy it now price for members would be a decent gesture?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

Hi guys,

Thank you for the input. A couple of points here;

1/ Appreciate the forum rules, regarding prices on items. I will update the original post after I submit this one

2/ Please outline where I am profiteering, MFrancis? Thus far, most items are far below what I paid for the items when new - should that change, that would surely be something outside of my control, coupled with the fact that I did not buy from forum members... I would add that my car is being sold to a trader at well below private sale values, but above what I paid for it... I would welcome suggestions on how I deal with that conundrum, my friend :thumbsup:

3/ @D4, conversational posts are never rude, buddy - it's an open forum to post as you please! I have posted here to raise awareness of my decision to sell a few items. This is a forum with a likely far smaller audience than eBay. However, the forum has a more targeted audience, so it makes sense to also post here (naturally, I wish to obey forum rules, see point 1).

Having frequented car forums for over 12 years, I might add that the above is in no way intended to be aggressive, nor argumentative.

Thank you.

James

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:12 am

@Truth, thank you to you and six others that have PM'd me with questions and offers on the items... surely the quicker and easier route, but appreciate, as said, the post about pricing. :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am

£50 for the knob?
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am £50 for the knob?
I'm afraid you are third in line and below the other offers, Jamie. Thank you, however.

I fear this may get difficult with who PM'd when, but I will do my best to ensure I am being fair.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:56 am

JAD wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am
I'm afraid you are third in line and below the other offers, Jamie. Thank you, however.

I fear this may get difficult with who PM'd when, but I will do my best to ensure I am being fair.
sorry wasnt sure what to offer dont know what they go for - would just be easier as others said if a ballpark was listed in first post, but appreciate your reasons. :thumbsup:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Truth

Post by Truth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 am

JAD wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am

Yeah don't think £50 will cut it Jamie. Or £60 or £70 or £80 well u get some and u get others on here! :roll:
Z4MC

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm

I've just paid £82 for genuine bmw M-Sport grills (new ones) so I was wondering about some of those prices!
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Truth

Post by Truth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:11 pm

And u can get a brand new f10 gearknob with a new gaitor for £112
Z4MC

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Well hasn't this set the cat amongst the pigeons! Hoping I can provide some clarity, rather than causing more frustration...

@Truth, you offered £80, while telling me you can buy them from Sopers for £112. I replied stating I was glad we were in the same ball park, having had £90 as a figure in mind, and asked if you'd meet me half way at £85 delivered. A rather confusing last PM but happy to it down to misunderstanding on your part... Also happy to accept the above. Let me know either way.

Rob, you asked for prices. Top eBay result for my item, new, from a trader is £144.99. But always happy to have feedback via offers.

To be clear, the prices are new prices from a quick search.

Thank you all.

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

@Truth, we are not in primary school, I am not your friend and I am in no way interested in petty messages via PM. Rather than reporting said PM, perhaps posting it here will ensure you refrain from sending such nonsense in future;

Having offered £80 and I countered with £90;

"Don't be thick. No I don't want it for £85 or £70. In fact I'd rather not give u any of my money. Well done for being the most difficult person I've dealt with ever. Like I said, way to have a good forum spirit I hope u make as much money as u can cos ur not making any friends. Don't message me back!!"