Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What did you pay?

"M" Specific discussion
LukeM

Re: What did you pay?

Post by LukeM » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:
LukeM wrote:
Z4M-2006 wrote:Ooh.. Another local (ish) owner..

What part of Cheshire Luke?
Stalybridge at the moment but will be moving soon. Hoping to get along to as many hoons/meets as possible and meet some fellow z owners!

Stalybridge!!

That's where I work, suprise you haven't seen me kicking about..
Ha small world! Will have to arrange a mini meet or something when I have the car! :thumbsup:
Silver Grey Z4M Coupe

LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

LukeM wrote:
LostBoy_84 wrote:
LukeM wrote:Will be picking my first Z up in a couple of weeks, I did the deal at £17,500 which I thought was a decent price for the following spec:
2006 Silver Grey Z4MC / Individual black & blue interior/ Piano black dash
Immaculate condition with 33k miles
Pro Nav, DSP, Extended storage, PDC, Heated Seats, Elec folding mirrors, Auto dim mirrors inside & out, Bluetooth, CD changer
Genuine CSL's, Eibach springs, Aero skirts, BMW strut brace
Can't wait :driving:
Was this the one from Ireland?

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41&t=70250
Yes that's the one, he put it back up on Pistonheads recently. The original centre caps are on it now though.
Nice one :thumbsup:
Definitely better with the original centre caps.

Silver Grey seems to be the most popular colour on here for the ///M according to the recent poll I did 8)
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:17 pm

Stalybridge!!

That's where I work, suprise you haven't seen me kicking about..[/quote]

Ha small world! Will have to arrange a mini meet or something when I have the car! :thumbsup:[/quote]

Ha ha.... Be nice to get a couple of pics together at least..

Darren M

Post by Darren M » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:11 pm

Crusoe wrote:2008 Space Grey/Black Coupe
Auc in Jan 2015
£14.5k including road tax
10/10 condition for the 77k miles
Just about fully loaded, no cruise front pdc or extended leather

Crusoe, I have to say well done to you :) and the dealers are obviously not that good at ripping people off as some think (or getting the best price). The Friday before you put your deposit down I was in conversation with them - they sent me a personalised video. I was preparing an offer the following week which basically was higher than what you paid and it surprises me that they went ahead and sold at that price the very next day after I talked to them to include road tax knowing they had at least one other interested party! Having said that, I think they were prepared to dump you possibly if I made a higher one soon as they didn't tell me someone else had secured it until the Tuesday or Wednesday afterwards - as of Sunday the car was apparently still available (the day after you put your money down) as they answered my further questions and said nowt about it no longer being available.

Looks a nice one :).
In hindsight probably worked out best for me as not fond of black in small cabin's and grey on black is the exact same colour as my other car. And probably now more interested in a Roadster (already owned a Coupe before), fancying some open top goodness :).
Last edited by Darren M on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Darren M wrote:
Auc in Jan 2015

Crusoe, I have to say well done to you :) and the dealers are obviously not that good at ripping people off as some think (or getting the best price). The Friday before you put your deposit down I was in conversation with them - they sent me a personalised video. I was preparing an offer the following week which basically was higher than what you paid and it surprises me that they went ahead and sold at that price the very next day after I talked to them to include road tax knowing they had at least one other interested party! Having said that, I think they were prepared to dump you possibly if I made a higher one soon as they didn't tell me someone else had secured it until the Tuesday or Wednesday afterwards - as of Sunday the car was apparently still available (the day after you put your money down) as they answered my further questions and said nowt about it no longer being available.

In hindsight probably worked out best for me as not fond of black in small cabin's and black on grey is the exact same colour as my other car. And probably now more interested in a Roadster (already owned a Coupe before), fancying some open top goodness :).
You can have mine for £17K :wink:

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

You should price yours to coincide with your post count....so, £17016 today, tomorrow it'll be a few quid more!

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Angelus666 wrote:You should price yours to coincide with your post count....so, £17016 today, tomorrow it'll be a few quid more!
That's it, link the value of our cars to our post count. Bing's is worth over £20K, and mine is second most expensive. :lol:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 pm

And mine is money for nothing :D
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Crusoe

Post by Crusoe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

Darren M wrote:
Auc in Jan 2015

In hindsight probably worked out best for me as not fond of black in small cabin's and grey on black is the exact same colour as my other car. And probably now more interested in a Roadster (already owned a Coupe before), fancying some open top goodness :).
Sorry Darren, yes I knew there were a few people interested in that one. Registered my interest as soon as it popped up in my daily AUC site check, was a younger guy Luke who wasn't interested in doing a deal but he wasn't there at the weekend so got handed over to one of the more senior guys who was much nicer to deal with. Made them a flat offer of £14k on the Friday night which they refused but came back to me on the weekend to say they could meet me half way and I twisted some road tax out of them after a few hours if I would put the deposit down on the day. Got to be prepared to walk away if you are going to get a good deal and having the cash ready helped. Missed a few and been looking since November (turned down a roadster at £12k with 45k miles which might have been a better buy) but sure you will find a good one eventually if you are willing to travel. Good luck, it's worth it :)

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:35 am

Looks better than the one I looked at for you, that was a bit ropey ...
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Crusoe

Post by Crusoe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:40 am

pvr wrote:Looks better than the one I looked at for you, that was a bit ropey ...
yes, and another example of a bad salesman who doesn't know how to do a deal - glad I waited for your view on that one though. :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

Not a dealer I would ever go back to, even though it is from the same group as my local Vines, the salesguy's attitude was horrible.
Current:
Abarth 595 Comp.
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Darren M

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 pm

Crusoe wrote:
Sorry Darren, yes I knew there were a few people interested in that one. Registered my interest as soon as it popped up in my daily AUC site check, was a younger guy Luke who wasn't interested in doing a deal but he wasn't there at the weekend so got handed over to one of the more senior guys who was much nicer to deal with. Made them a flat offer of £14k on the Friday night which they refused but came back to me on the weekend to say they could meet me half way and I twisted some road tax out of them after a few hours if I would put the deposit down on the day. Got to be prepared to walk away if you are going to get a good deal and having the cash ready helped. Missed a few and been looking since November (turned down a roadster at £12k with 45k miles which might have been a better buy) but sure you will find a good one eventually if you are willing to travel. Good luck, it's worth it :)

No need to apologise :). I first contacted them on the Friday too. Just so odd they chased you back so quickly on a low-ish offer knowing very well they had at least another interested party. I wasn't dealing with Luke it was Russell.
I've owned a Z4 M Coupe before so know you'll enjoy it and glad it has gone to another enthusiast/forum member. I don't care about the distance, in some cases I'm willing to take a risk and just do a remote purchase, on the proviso what they deliver is not as detailed they have it back
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?

Crusoe

Post by Crusoe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:04 pm

technically they paid £500 over book for my s2000 too so you could say it was £13650 without tax and including my road tax rebate just to rub it in, though I'm sure they will make a few thousand selling mine as it was in great condition and just needed a clean before going straight on their forecourt.

Darren M

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Wow that's pretty good,and probably preferry a trade in if they can make some money from it. I was only going to offer cash no more than £15k(stating at £14750) to include delivery down here to Devon :)