Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Proud new owner of this...

"M" Specific discussion
Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:29 am

markplant wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 pm
Sohailnisar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm Oh by the way I'm in Leeds, bit of a trek down to Berkshire unfortunately.
Any northerners on here?
Sheffield here, look out for a turnpike meet at saddleworth, or the next one at Chatsworth if you don't mind the drive
Thank you for that.
Will keep an eye out for that. I've driven over Saddleworth Moors a few times - nice little drive (in the dry!).

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:31 am

D4dawg wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:25 pm Looks great buddy
Thank you. Been trying to get some ideas from your car - but can't see most of the pictures because it looks like I need to be a paid member of Photbucket to do so!

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

ShaunKC wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:49 pm
Sohailnisar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:06 pm Oh by the way I'm in Leeds, bit of a trek down to Berkshire unfortunately.
Any northerners on here?
Just down the road from you in Brighouse!
Awesome. Would be great to arrange a little Yorkshire meet at some point. Would be nice to check out some other Z4Ms.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

MrPT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 pm Looks great! Well done for travelling to grab a good one. A68 is a nice way to get to know a car! :thumbsup:

If you're looking for wheel ideas and want an alternative to CSLs, I always liked the look of this combo:

657DA740-83F5-4911-A14C-E219780700DB-4397-0000055808CC4DE2.jpeg

They are Apex ARC-8s. Car will ride and handle a bit better on 18s too.
It definitely was!
They look amazing!
I think I've seen that car before , this view...
IMG_8743.JPG
IMG_8743.JPG (272.12 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Looks amazing!

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am

woolybear wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:18 pm
Any northerners on here?
Pretty car OP..
Interlagos Blue, looks sweet on a Coupe IMHO :thumbsup:

A Shadow Chrome powder coated set of CSL wheels and the Eventuri, would make your car, very special IMHO.. Welcome to the Forum & Go for it :thumbsup:
Thank you! If I can find a decent priced set of CSLs or the ones above - I'd be very tempted!

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 am

mr wilks wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 pm Nice motor , Stevo///M3 is in Leeds , sort a meet out for a listen & look at his ZMC on bespoke 19s with BCS backboxes + Eventuri :evil: welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Awesome! Definitely would like to meet him and check that out
Thanks for the heads up.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:54 am

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm
Sohailnisar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Here's a list of things I would like to do, any advice would be welcome:

1) Wheels - Options are - sell the current wheels to purchase some CSL wheels. Or powdercoat the current wheels - gun metal grey or maybe satin black. What wheels do people have on their Interlagos Blue Z4Ms?

2) Intake - I definitely understand why people go down this route. The noise is a little underwhelming. I think in my budget its either the Eventuri or the Gruppe M. From what I can tell the Gruppe M sounds better but the Eventuri is cheaper.

3) Suspension - I had Bilstein coilovers on my previous car which was an S2000, transformed the feel of the car for the better - also think a little bit of drop would really suit the car

4) Exhaust - If the intake doesn't satisfy my ears, I'm considering an exhaust or maybe an exhaust mod. I've seen some posts about a remote controlled valve that can be fitted to the standard exhaust - gives it a lovely exhaust tone!

That's the big stuff (for now anyway!). I'm also considering getting it detailed - a few swirl marks which are annoying me.

I do like the look of the stubby aerial rather than the standard one - where can I get one of these from?
Welcome and congratulations, that's a lovely looking Z4MC :thumbsup:

I can recommend the Gruppe M, transforms the car, noise is incredible and cruises as quietly as before. Eventuri has good feedback as well but I've never heard one myself.

I've just fitted Bilstein B12's, massive improvement over the standard set up, also recommended.

I'm planning on getting Csl's at some point but may have the 224's painted, my favourite finish us shadow chrome, I had it on my e39 m5. I seen cal reps for sale with what looks like shadow chrome and they were called hyper black.

Look forward to more photos! :D :thumbsup:
The Gruppe does sound amazing from what I can tell on the YouTube videos - but I wouldn't like to be paying the full price for a new one - pricey bit of kit (well for me anyway).

How much did the B12s set you back if you don't mind me asking.

I've seen some CSL reps on M3 Cutters but only 19" ones - where can I get 18s from? It sounds like people much prefer the 18s on these cars.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:54 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 pm Your car looks fantastic OP. :thumbsup:

I believe you can buy stubbies from BMW, but plenty of people (including me) have used the PSA one as it fits fine and is cheaper!

The one in this link should be fine:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHORT-STUBBY- ... SwWnFV8FSz
:thumbsup:
I'll be trying that out, can't go wrong for that price!

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 am

bz4kev wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:07 am very nice looking m csls are nice but a bugger to clean would go shadow chrome on your 224 s good choice with stubby :poke: :rofl: welcome along op :thumbsup:
They do look difficult to clean! Will bear that in mind, thank you.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am

Austin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 am Here is the link for the genuine stubby that I bought and works well. I am sure you can get cheaper options if you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-Sp ... ag=z4fo-21
:thumbsup:
Thank you. Going to try out the cheapo first, I'll bear this in mind if that doesn't work.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

Thank you all for the kind comments by the way.
I must say - a much friendlier group on here than on the S2000 forums! Much more chat on here too, loads of good reading!
I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about my car.

Muckinonthesofa

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 am

Sohailnisar wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:54 am
Sohailnisar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Here's a list of things I would like to do, any advice would be welcome:

1) Wheels - Options are - sell the current wheels to purchase some CSL wheels. Or powdercoat the current wheels - gun metal grey or maybe satin black. What wheels do people have on their Interlagos Blue Z4Ms?

2) Intake - I definitely understand why people go down this route. The noise is a little underwhelming. I think in my budget its either the Eventuri or the Gruppe M. From what I can tell the Gruppe M sounds better but the Eventuri is cheaper.

3) Suspension - I had Bilstein coilovers on my previous car which was an S2000, transformed the feel of the car for the better - also think a little bit of drop would really suit the car

4) Exhaust - If the intake doesn't satisfy my ears, I'm considering an exhaust or maybe an exhaust mod. I've seen some posts about a remote controlled valve that can be fitted to the standard exhaust - gives it a lovely exhaust tone!

That's the big stuff (for now anyway!). I'm also considering getting it detailed - a few swirl marks which are annoying me.

I do like the look of the stubby aerial rather than the standard one - where can I get one of these from?

I can recommend the Gruppe M, transforms the car, noise is incredible and cruises as quietly as before. Eventuri has good feedback as well but I've never heard one myself.

I've just fitted Bilstein B12's, massive improvement over the standard set up, also recommended.

I'm planning on getting Csl's at some point but may have the 224's painted, my favourite finish us shadow chrome, I had it on my e39 m5. I seen cal reps for sale with what looks like shadow chrome and they were called hyper black.

The Gruppe does sound amazing from what I can tell on the YouTube videos - but I wouldn't like to be paying the full price for a new one - pricey bit of kit (well for me anyway).

I've seen some CSL reps on M3 Cutters but only 19" ones - where can I get 18s from? It sounds like people much prefer the 18s on these cars.

Yeah, Gruppe M new is pricey, I bought mine 3 months old from a forum member on here for less than a new Eventuri, it's worthwhile keeping an eye on the classifieds, they do pop up now and again.

My B12's were £727 delivered from Euro Performance, plus fitting. There's plenty of more expensive adjustable kits about which are probably better but on balance these represented the best value for what I wanted i.e an improvement on stock for a fast road set up.

Personally, I'd go for 19" csl :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 am

Sohailnisar wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am
MrPT wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 pm Looks great! Well done for travelling to grab a good one. A68 is a nice way to get to know a car! :thumbsup:

If you're looking for wheel ideas and want an alternative to CSLs, I always liked the look of this combo:

It definitely was!
They look amazing!

IMG_8743.JPG

Looks amazing!
They're a really good wheel. Very strong and light (save's about 17kg over CSLs from recollection). You can get them in 19 also but I went for 18 in anthracite which I've always thought suits IB (had the same on my last m3).
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... aqnvn7.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... rzoenf.jpg[/IMG]
And on my old anthracite CSLs
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... t49om1.jpg[/IMG]
Enjoy the car :thumbsup:
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:10 am
Sohailnisar wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:54 am

Yeah, Gruppe M new is pricey, I bought mine 3 months old from a forum member on here for less than a new Eventuri, it's worthwhile keeping an eye on the classifieds, they do pop up now and again.

My B12's were £727 delivered from Euro Performance, plus fitting. There's plenty of more expensive adjustable kits about which are probably better but on balance these represented the best value for what I wanted i.e an improvement on stock for a fast road set up.

Personally, I'd go for 19" csl :thumbsup:
Thank you for that. I'll keep an eye out for a good deal.

Sohailnisar

Post by Sohailnisar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm

TomK wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:11 am
Sohailnisar wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

It definitely was!
They look amazing!

IMG_8743.JPG

Looks amazing!
They're a really good wheel. Very strong and light (save's about 17kg over CSLs from recollection). You can get them in 19 also but I went for 18 in anthracite which I've always thought suits IB (had the same on my last m3).
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... aqnvn7.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... rzoenf.jpg[/IMG]
And on my old anthracite CSLs
[IMG]http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... t49om1.jpg[/IMG]
Enjoy the car :thumbsup:
That looks lovely!
At the moment I can't justify spending that much money on wheels as I'm in the process of buying a house.
Maybe in the future, if I don't stick CSL reps on in the meantime.