Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What on earth am I thinking about

"M" Specific discussion
stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:30 pm

The E63M is like a boat to drive - a big boat at that. Sounds great but absolutely marhoosive compared to the go-karts we drive... Driven the coupé M6 and it was a disappointment from a handling perspective.
For ref my insurance is about 400 on 6k miles and I'm in the same age bracket as Paul / Havard. Will shop around more next year...
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Havard wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:43 pm
Mad Professor wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:46 pm
Havard wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Who is that with Mr Professor? Sounds amazing for an M.
With Admiral on a multi-car policy -and only 2k miles pa and £250 vol excess
Then again I'm an old man so maybe reason for lowish premium
Perhaps having a boring CRV as my daily qualifies me for a discount on the MR ?
Nonethless I recall my Mazda Eunos cost >£200 to insure and my XKR was >£300 also on ltd miles
So perhaps the MR is also lower risk
I just said fine and made the renewal on the spot before they changed thier mind
I am with Admiral but at 42 I am paying £305.00. Greater Manchester has its drawbacks on insurance. Mine is on 3k miles but £125 is amazing. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

If you do, then post up a picture and I'll guess... :D
57 yo
Actually President Nicola arranged a specially low quote for me from Admiral -it's going to truly epic here in the people's republic of Scotingland-can't wait
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo