Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Triple turn signal

"M" Specific discussion
Attilio

Triple turn signal

Post by Attilio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi,

I noticed that my Z4MC (57 reg Nov 2007) does not have the triple turn signal functionality. It seems quite odd as even my 06 3 series had it. :?

Is it a malfunction of some component or something that esquires setting/coding? My car had the battery changed by the previous owner and I wonder if this is some setting that got lost when the older battery died.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
A
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock
2019 Toyota Corolla hybrid 2.0L - new daily drive

srhutch

Triple turn signal

Post by srhutch » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Needs coding. Can be done on any face lift model.

If you have an intravee can also be set on that.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Triple turn signal

Post by Scooba_Steve » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:26 pm

^ this, to code you will need NCS or Carly.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Attilio

Triple turn signal

Post by Attilio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

Thanks guys,

Will see if my indie friend can do that coding (and the follow me home headlights).

After all I paid the dealer for the diff and handbrake will try and save a little (hopefully possible)

What’s an “intravee”? :?
Z4M Coupe, Interlagos blue, black leather, piano black, stubby, OEM CSLs, evolve intake, cup holders...pretty much stock

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Triple turn signal

Post by buzyg » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:43 pm

What is a triple turn signal? :?

Attilio

Triple turn signal

Post by Attilio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Ok,

Used google and found out about NCS... guess I will need a cable to interface laptop and car via the OBD2 port...
Seems simple enough for a DIY job...actually on second thought: maybe best if left to an expert: I might end up with a confused car! :rofl:
Last edited by Attilio on Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Triple turn signal

Post by markplant » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:43 pm What is a triple turn signal? :?
When you press the indicator stalk but not enough for it to latch, an the indicator will flash 3 times
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Triple turn signal

Post by markplant » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm

Attilio wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm Thanks guys,

Will see if my indie friend can do that coding (and the follow me home headlights).

After all I paid the dealer for the diff and handbrake will try and save a little (hopefully possible)

Intravee
It goes in place of the CD changer, allows you to plug in a iPod or iPhone , if you have nav you get track info, but it also allows some coding options, welcome and leave lights an you can select which lights are used,
The triple flash on the indicator's, although I think you can determine how many times it flashes, it will display measured distance on nav screen for pdc
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

2dogs
Lifer
Lifer

Triple turn signal

Post by 2dogs » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm

markplant wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm
When you press the indicator stalk but not enough for it to latch, an the indicator will flash 3 times
No use in Cornwall, no motorway :rofl:
Blue Z4MC - now gone

Attilio

Triple turn signal

Post by Attilio » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:01 pm

markplant wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm
Attilio wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm Thanks guys,

Intravee
It goes in place of the CD changer, allows you to plug in a iPod or iPhone , if you have nav you get track info, but it also allows some coding options, welcome and leave lights an you can select which lights are used,
The triple flash on the indicator's, although I think you can determine how many times it flashes, it will display measured distance on nav screen for pdc
Thanks, much appreciated!
..guess this means a trip to my indie or to dealer...

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Triple turn signal

Post by buzyg » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:41 am

2dogs wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:57 pm
markplant wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm
No use in Cornwall, no motorway :rofl:
No use in a BMW either, standards to maintain. Never let the trolley people know your going to cut them up. :evil: :wink:

Muckinonthesofa

Triple turn signal

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:12 am

srhutch wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 pm Needs coding. Can be done on any face lift model.

If you have an intravee can also be set on that.
I've wanted to get this done as well and I've got intravee. Anyone got a guide as to how to do it through intravee and maybe what other functions can be done through it? Thanks.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.