Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting Intravee to an ///M with Nav & DSP what a B&st&rd

"M" Specific discussion
andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Fitting Intravee to an ///M with Nav & DSP what a B&st&r

Post by andysat » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey well done mate! :thumbsup:
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 pm

srhutch wrote:Well finally had time and temperatures above zero to get my Intravee install finished.

In the end I had to remove the CD Changer as I could see now way of getting the carpet up in the boot far enough.

So Intravee and alpine unit are located where the CD Changer was.

I made a small hole by the light in the storage compartment to feed the iPod and serial leads through. This also meant if the Intravee was removed the little hole wouldn't be noticeable.

Put it all back together and I made up a blanking panel from a DVD cover to cover the hole.

Updated the Nav to V32, Intravee also updated to latest version, so just have to work out how to use it now.
I'm on a recce to find as much information before i fit my Intravee and have hit your post. I have a Roadster with a CD Changer, did you basically remove the centre console and cd changer to fit the Intravee?
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Thu May 01, 2014 7:45 pm

You don't need to, you can do almost all of it from inside the boot. There's little point removing the CD changer, just disconnect it and leave it in place.

I've got the Alpine unit under the passenger seat and the Intravee in the boot on the bulkhead. Some people have the Alpine on the Bulkhead too but I couldn't make it fit as other electronics boxes were in the way.

Link to how I did it in the first car, similar to how I have it in the new one.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 07#p647870
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Thu May 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:You don't need to, you can do almost all of it from inside the boot. There's little point removing the CD changer, just disconnect it and leave it in place.

I've got the Alpine unit under the passenger seat and the Intravee in the boot on the bulkhead. Some people have the Alpine on the Bulkhead too but I couldn't make it fit as other electronics boxes were in the way.

Thanks for the link and advice - next to pluck up some courage to give it a go and fit the intravee
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu May 01, 2014 8:45 pm

I had a real job getting the bulkhead carpet up which is why I went for the interior option.

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 pm

srhutch wrote:I had a real job getting the bulkhead carpet up which is why I went for the interior option.
I have also had issues with the carpet trying to find my bluetooth code :headbang: :headbang:
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

sniffer

Post by sniffer » Thu May 01, 2014 11:28 pm

monkadill wrote:
Stuart Truman wrote:You don't need to, you can do almost all of it from inside the boot. There's little point removing the CD changer, just disconnect it and leave it in place.

Thanks for the link and advice - next to pluck up some courage to give it a go and fit the intravee
Be aware this job is a fiddly pain.

I did the research like you before embarking.

In the end I removed the centre storage compartment assembly AND the battery (///M), bulkhead carpet, etc.

In the end most of the work was done from the back with the bulkhead carpet removed.

I had to remove the centre storage compartment assembly to remove the single DIN size cubby hole compartment (where you have your CD changer) to drill a small hole to pass the wires through.

I have my Alpine unit on the bulkhead on the bracket with the bluetooth ULF and the Intravee in the single DIN compartment. I then have the Ipod in the compartment next to the intravee. Someone else on here gave me the idea, you should see the thread somewhere when searching about.

It works very well and I am happy with the install. It may be worth you getting the single DIN storage compartment and replacing the CD changer with it.

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Fri May 02, 2014 8:17 am

Plan B - does any one on the forum fit them for a fee??

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri May 02, 2014 9:07 am

I think if you are near someone who has done it then they'll probably help out for a coffee and a sarnie mondakill... And a pax ride maybe :D
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Fri May 02, 2014 9:26 am

Bing wrote:I think if you are near someone who has done it then they'll probably help out for a coffee and a sarnie mondakill... And a pax ride maybe :D
Calling all Intravee gurus, help wanted in the Peterborough area..

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Fri May 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Come to Duxford. It's less than an hour to do, soup to nuts on an M, less when there's no battery compartment to mess about with. Two pairs of hands (one to hold the bulkhead carpet and help with wire feeds) will speed it up. If the weather's good it could be done there. People are doing coding too.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Fri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Hmmmm, maybe someone can help me move mine around so I can get my brodit mount installed sometime soon :whistle:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Fri May 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Stuart Truman wrote:Come to Duxford. It's less than an hour to do, soup to nuts on an M, less when there's no battery compartment to mess about with. Two pairs of hands (one to hold the bulkhead carpet and help with wire feeds) will speed it up. If the weather's good it could be done there. People are doing coding too.
Hi Stuart - i will take you up on that generous offer as you are not to far from me at all. I am away for the next two weeks and am available from the 17th, let me know you plans and i will align mine. :thumbsup:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri May 02, 2014 6:29 pm

monkadill wrote:
Stuart Truman wrote:Come to Duxford. It's less than an hour to do, soup to nuts on an M, less when there's no battery compartment to mess about with. Two pairs of hands (one to hold the bulkhead carpet and help with wire feeds) will speed it up. If the weather's good it could be done there. People are doing coding too.
Hi Stuart - i will take you up on that generous offer as you are not to far from me at all. I am away for the next two weeks and am available from the 17th, let me know you plans and i will align mine. :thumbsup:
What Stuart meant was there is a load of us there this weekend at the museum. As he says non ///M is a piece of cake.

Sure you will somebody willing to help though when you return.

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 pm

srhutch wrote:
monkadill wrote:
What Stuart meant was there is a load of us there this weekend at the museum. As he says non ///M is a piece of cake.

Sure you will somebody willing to help though when you return.
Thanks for the clarity - what is going on at Duxford?