Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fitting Intravee to an ///M with Nav & DSP what a B&st&rd

"M" Specific discussion
Bing
Legend
Legend

Re: Fitting Intravee to an ///M with Nav & DSP what a B&st&r

Post by Bing » Fri May 02, 2014 10:14 pm

This - http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14&t=61061

Looking like a reasonably epic turnout :thumbsup:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Any offers to help me fit the intravee, happy to pay for your time to do this? I'm Peterborough way.
Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Fitted the Intravee today - whoop :driving: , was fiddly but not the nightmare I was expecting. My mistake was to start in the boot, as it turned out I didn't need to go through the boot as I wanted to remove th CD changer. So the fitting was done through the front and the intravee - iPod etc sit were the CD changer once lived. The cost was one screw under the centre console won't go back in as i lost the screw seat,the top console clips snapped despite my care and some of the carpet screws/fasteners won't go back in. The plastic was quite brittle and i think it was the age of the plastic and not my brute force that caused the clips to snap. Despite these two losses everything is back in place, no rattles and the iPod plays through the SatNav. Now to master the Intravee menu!

Stubby - Intravee - Cup holders - GapTech - Forum sticker - Gruppe M - H&R springs

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Well done :thumbsup:
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon May 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Excellent :thumbsup:

I re-routed my cables this weekend (without breaking anything for once :oops: ) and re-installed my brodit phone mount... Just need a wee extension to turn up in the post and will all be nice and tidy again. So satisfying getting a job done 8)
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

monkadill

Post by monkadill » Mon May 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Bing wrote:Excellent :thumbsup:

I re-routed my cables this weekend (without breaking anything for once :oops: ) and re-installed my brodit phone mount... Just need a wee extension to turn up in the post and will all be nice and tidy again. So satisfying getting a job done 8)
Were did you re-route your cables from-to?

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Pvr had everything set up in the cubby as you've done, but it meant leaving my phone in there and I kept forgetting it... And I like to be able to see it / change the tunes when stationary, or allow my co-pilot control of the music. So I took the cubby door off and routed the Alpine to iPhone/iPod cable down out the cubby and down under the trim covering the transmission tunnel. It then gets poked up under the bottom edge all the way along, and when I have the extension cable I'll either route it up next to the glove box to the phone mount, or maybe behind the dash trim and out of the panel above the heater controls. Though that would mean cutting a hole in the edge of the cover to let the wire through, so not sure about that.

I guess I should take some pics at some point, never occurred to me :slaphead:

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Didn't think about the Z4m battery being in the way. The module could either fit behind the pods or possibly under the heating controls . I put my DICE there no problem.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Zoomer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:01 pm Didn't think about the Z4m battery being in the way. The module could either fit behind the pods or possibly under the heating controls . I put my DICE there no problem.
The Intravee is very small, but the Alpine unit not so. Would also need an interface to connect to the head unit. connecting to cd change leads is the only real option.

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:09 pm

Yes I routed my DICE through the back behind the pod on the drivers side then under the side of the tunnel to the front of the car, behind the heater controls with the USB popping out drivers side just below the tunnel trim below the gearstick.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE