Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Favour Required - Z4M Owner with Cruise Control

"M" Specific discussion
Will_S

Post by Will_S » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 pm

I fitted cruise control to my last Z4, and then to my Saab 9-3 TiD Daily driver, and I desperately want it on the M.

I am needing a kind person with a Z4M that has cruise control to take a photo of where the blue wire for cruise goes in the engine bay.

Here are photos borrowed from jamiecarpenter's how to thread, I need a photo, of where the blue wire connects into here:

If you could unplug the multi-plug and show me which pin that would also help!

Here's a photo to give a better idea of where the black box, where that the blue wire ends up at, is:

Please someone accept my challenge, and let the retro-fit procedure begin!!

Alternatively, if anyone with a Z4M and cruise is near Glasgow it would be good to meet up and figure this out.

:driving:

Thanks,
Will
Previous: Z4 2.2i, 18" Ellipsoid Alloys, M Sport Suspension, M Sport Steering Wheel
Current: Z4M 3.2 Roadster, Every possible option bar Cruise Control!

srhutch

Re: Favour Required - Z4M Owner with Cruise Control

Post by srhutch » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I to would like to know this.

The bottom picture is just showing the route the cable takes through fom the bulkhead to the smaller box on the front, but I guess you know that.

Will_S

Post by Will_S » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:24 am

Yeah, the second photo isn't really relevant.
Previous: Z4 2.2i, 18" Ellipsoid Alloys, M Sport Suspension, M Sport Steering Wheel
Current: Z4M 3.2 Roadster, Every possible option bar Cruise Control!

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:02 am

I really want this to.

Ive already got my stalk in preparation and its annoying not being able to use it!
I was going to use one of the companies that people have mentioned to do it but not got round to it yet.
As far as i know its more complicated than the standard retrofit and you have to 'splice into the main wiring loom'. Ive no idea - that could just be these companies wanting your cash.

Maybe a good idea asking W1phil to take some photos of his electrics:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... +m#p552529
///M Interlagos. Champagne leather

Roary_Z4M

Post by Roary_Z4M » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi,

Fellow Z4M owner here looking to do the same CC retrofit. Did you guys ever figure out the wiring?

Thanks,
Dave

Spaniarduk

Post by Spaniarduk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:21 am

^^ like above. Anybody? Please?? :cry: :poke:
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 am

i can try and look when i get back from work, around 6.30 ish ...
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:19 pm

AS above, I'll be home around half 6.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:33 pm

I have PM's the guy to offer the info. As said to him I don't want to publish it until it's confirmed as it only adds to confusion if wrong, but will happily send it to him and once confirmed give to the world.

If your CC was factory fitted though you may have trouble tracing the wire. One you will need to disconnect the battery to be on the safe side before you pull out the DME. You might also have to unplug the two plugs to the DME to trace the wire.

I believe it is Pin 4 on plug 60002 though, but this is in no way confirmed yet.

Disca

Post by Disca » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Steve isn't the idea of not publishing it yet, to not publish your theory :P?
He who has the most toys, wins.

‘15 VFR1200FD

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm

srhutch wrote:I have PM's the guy to offer the info. As said to him I don't want to publish it until it's confirmed as it only adds to confusion if wrong, but will happily send it to him and once confirmed give to the world.

If your CC was factory fitted though you may have trouble tracing the wire. One you will need to disconnect the battery to be on the safe side before you pull out the DME. You might also have to unplug the two plugs to the DME to trace the wire.

I believe it is Pin 4 on plug 60002 though, but this is in no way confirmed yet.
I've posted before about where WDS shows the connection should be, but there was no forthcoming Guinea pig to try it. My only reservation would be the potential coding required, though I would be surprised if it was.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 pm

Disca wrote:Steve isn't the idea of not publishing it yet, to not publish your theory :P?
That only part of it :wink:

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Scooba_Steve wrote:
srhutch wrote:I have PM's the guy to offer the info. As said to him I don't want to publish it until it's confirmed as it only adds to confusion if wrong, but will happily send it to him and once confirmed give to the world.

I've posted before about where WDS shows the connection should be, but there was no forthcoming Guinea pig to try it. My only reservation would be the potential coding required, though I would be surprised if it was.
I have been to,d be the Indi that fitted one that coding is required. But who knows.

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:28 am

Hence my reticence, though I can't imagine it's more than recoding the VO as for every other E85/6.
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:22 am

According to the BMW WDS it is indeed pin 4 on plug X6002 for the DME, so that should be a safe bet. Not that I've never come across any errors in the WDS though ;)

I reckon there's a good chance that it won't actually need to be coded - the BMW retrofit instructions for non-M cars mention to update the programming but as far as I know it was never actually necessary.
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR