Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

calling Taz and possibly others...

"M" Specific discussion
stevo///m3

calling Taz and possibly others...

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:11 am

Statisticians only thread: you will be proper done in otherwise...
I got a download last night of "all" M z4s - I think - get it from wikipedia link in the z4m section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_Z4M#Z4 ... .932008.29 - I can't exactly trust this info but it is the only thing I have to go on to date...

then I "briefly" looked at the coupes: http://dreamingwell.com/forumFiles/Z4M% ... 20Info.csv - you have to scroll down more than halfway etc to identify coues v roadies

Not actually that bothered BUT looking at it, there seem to be about 40 coupes WORLDWIDE which had sapphire & "imolarot" (that dark red leather) specced as their "fix" from the factory - mine is Black Sapphire with Imola so interested in seeing whether this is (1)rare, (2)obvious or (3)something in between - in the EU. I know my "choice" (sapphire/imolarot) will be more popular than some others... So you have Sepang Bronze plus Shitstick yellow with abberations - that is likely to be unique, no further questions needed... :D You have Interlagos with Schwarz - not uncommon etc.

It is possible that a similar thread may already have been on Z4rum etc but I just haven't got the results I wanted when I searched so apols for those that may have done this before. I HAVE, however, seen the "numbers in UK" thread: [can't find acceptable link - I have personally saved the table but can't link it for some reason!] so have seen that we record, for example, 120 black sappphire M coupes in the UK, feck all Sepang Bronze coupes, lots of Interlagos etc etc.

My main Q is: regarding the split in USvEU coupes, looks like about 1,000 (roughly) coupes in blighty overall, 120 of which are black sapphire; how many of those are imolarot leather? (Note: if you trust me, only 40 or 41 M coupes in Sapphire have imola leather worldwide; a lesser number must therfore be available in the UK...)

The question in this thread is, frankly, so very abstract that I'd be prepared - if I could - to bestow a CBE on any person capable of working it out and giving the correct answer. I think i I can get it from the raw data but, hey, if someone's already done this to save me a day's holiday - why waste my, or anyone else's time?

Failing which, Taz, did you already calculate this yet?

Ta
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

stayfrosty

Re: calling Taz and possibly others...

Post by stayfrosty » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 am

Stevo,
The stats link is interesting, but I believe refers only to US / Canada (as mentioned where the link is originally quoted in wikipedia) or maybe just LHD and so is probably not worldwide.
I could not find my RHD car on the list.
Not that it really matters, my silver grey with black leather is probably as common as muck anyway!
Cheers!

Silver grey Z4MC
Mods: Strongstrut 3 piece / CDV delete / Stormworks ST1 gearknob / clutch stop / stubby / ipod integration / LED interior / Magnaflow custom exhaust

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:51 am

As above the file only covers the USA

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:33 am

Fair enough. Is there a UK list?
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:36 pm

so only one Carbon Black Z4MC in the US........I knew I had a beauty :wink:
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Talksthetorque

Post by Talksthetorque » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:49 pm

StevenH72 wrote:so only one Carbon Black Z4MC in the US........I knew I had a beauty :wink:
Or something that doesn't appeal to Americans... :evil:
There are always at least two ways to read statistics...... :wink:

Wikipedia says it's "north america" for that list.
Taz is working on Specs of all Coupes at the moment I believe, so he will eventually have an answer. But its got to be a thankless task, unless he can code a screen scraper for the info.

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 pm

The information available on UK Coupe's right now only covers exterior colours. But as above.. Taz is working on a more definitive list I believe...

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:10 pm

i am in the process of downloading data on all coupes in the UK. once i have downloaded i am going to create database from which i hope to be able to say how many what's came with what's.

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 pm

Taz wrote:i am in the process of downloading data on all coupes in the UK. once i have downloaded i am going to create database from which i hope to be able to say how many what's came with what's.
Amazing work Taz. If you need any "minions" to help ... Just pop a post up!
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 pm

so far i have info on 1100 coupes. not yet got it into a database though

The Badger

Post by The Badger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 am

Taz do you ever see the data being available for standard roadsters ?

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

Post by WLH » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:44 am

srhutch wrote:As above the file only covers the USA
For sure as my Vin number is there and in fact I have a copy of that file in Excel format if anyone would want it.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:48 am

there are 26000 roadsters so no lol. its took me a month so far for info on 1000 coupes

bluestreak56
Lifer
Lifer

Post by bluestreak56 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Taz now that im being made redundant I will likely have a lot of free time.. I can definitely help with some of the mundane stuff.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:03 pm

bluestreak56, PM sent :thumbsup: