Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Porsche caliper braided hoses

"M" Specific discussion
-Neil-

Porsche caliper braided hoses

Post by -Neil- » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:32 pm

For those who have fitted Porsche calipers to their M's, what did you do for a braided hose solution?

From looking around the front hose length is the same as the E46 M3 but the rears are a two piece which I'll just replace with the one hose, I've measured the whole length of the two hoses and pipe to be just over 700mm.

For the fronts these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M3-FR ... 2590acfc4d

Neil.

adam1985

Re: Porsche caliper braided hoses

Post by adam1985 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey just been looking into this myself all be it on a non M.
Seems alot of people have had the rear lines made up, Gargybloke mentions it in this thread below
http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... rt#p517910

Hel will make lines to order if their kit isnt what you want.
57 BMW 3.0si sport Coupe, Carbon Black, Bilstein B12 Suspension, CSL reps & style 339s for winter - Current
10 Skoda Fabia mk2 vRS, Rallye Green, Black Roof, Black Gigaro Alloys - Gone
08 Fiat Grande Punto Dynamic Sport, Red, Dual Sunroof - Gone

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:30 pm

This is what I used, HEL lines, work perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M3-RE ... 19dae018cb

-Neil-

Post by -Neil- » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:19 pm

TomK wrote:This is what I used, HEL lines, work perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M3-RE ... 19dae018cb
Cheers, I take it those will only replace the rear lower hose and not both?

I think I might just let the garage choose the lengths and fittings best suited to our cars and then have them made them up by Merlin Motorsport at castle combe.

Neil.

TomK

Post by TomK » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Not totally sure what you mean. Only one hose goes to each caliper, there are two nipples for bleeding purposes. I might be wrong though as no mechanic :oops:

Edit: Thomas at porsche calipers (the link I gave is their ebay store I think) knows pretty much everything about these boxster/bmw conversions. Give him a call, nice chap. I transferred my setup from my e46 m3 which used the mentioned lines to the Z4MC and there was no issue, a little tighter perhaps but nothing to worry about at all.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

-Neil-

Post by -Neil- » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:16 am

Each rear caliper only one hose connected to it, but the hose is two pieces with a fixed pipe in the middle like so:

Caliper>Hose>Pipe (on upright)>Hose>Pipe (on car)

So you'll still have a section of oem rubber hose on each side about a foot long or so.

I think I bumped into you a few months ago at the ragged cot, we parked alongside each other :)

Neil.

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:21 pm

Ha ha, yes indeed I remember that!

From recollection I'm pretty certain that the hose goes directly from the caliper to the pipe on the car, there is a little plastic guide clip that the hose goes through on the upright but does not need to be split.

Hope to see you around sometime :thumbsup:
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage