Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
TomK

M market watch

Post by TomK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 am

original guvnor wrote:
TomK wrote:
original guvnor wrote: Some of the comments on here about the M tri-colour wrap on the grille are a bit daft. We all like to personalise our cars a bit.
Regardless of my personal thoughts about that mod, I cannot understand why a dealer selling a car for top money wouldn't change such a thing back to oem for the small outlay.
Maybe it wouldn't bother most but I'd guarantee it would put a few people off, why take the chance?
Perhaps you're right about not returning it to standard for sale purposes but I think the (negative) generalisation made between someone personalising it in that way and their whole approach to ownership was ridiculous without knowing anything else about the car. Darren on here has done something similar on his Z4MR and he is as fastidious an owner as you are likely to meet. You have to look at the car as a whole not make sweeping judgements over something so minor.
I did originally point out it was a generalisation, however it's sadly one based on the cars I see in real life with that mod.
Call it ridiculous if you like but I would approach the car with more caution, albeit more than likely there is nothing in it as you say.
Anyway, apologies if I offended anyone.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 pm

It will sell at some point we probably won't find out what for unless the buyer pops up on here and is honest :-)
25k if it's extremely tidy in the flesh and everything stacks up is my call, I wasn't expecting to get an ultra low miles car for 20k but you never know. Not all sellers frequent forums. Interesting to see what happens

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:04 pm

ChrisT70 wrote:It will sell at some point we probably won't find out what for unless the buyer pops up on here and is honest :-)
25k if it's extremely tidy in the flesh and everything stacks up is my call, I wasn't expecting to get an ultra low miles car for 20k but you never know. Not all sellers frequent forums. Interesting to see what happens

Id be surprised if it was a donkey :roll: Parkway have a decent reputation & has traded more than enough Z4Ms to know what they need to hit the target
They also don't mind sitting tight & rarely drop the ask price although this is certainly high end ( re Z4Ms) even for them
Some may remember them getting their hands on Zermatts / Halifaxbantam's delightful Ti silver ///Mroady :driving: at the time 18months ago they wanted £16500/£17k for it , , certainly looked high on the marketplace at the time but after a few months it was gone & hasn't surfaced since
As for the price / miles ? Shall we call it optimistic ? Hopeful ? Sounds better than greedy or crazy & won't upset the members who like to see high asks :oops:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm

The Cat D sepang coupe is down to £10,500 now.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:56 pm

srhutch wrote:The Cat D sepang coupe is down to £10,500 now.
If really wanting to get into a ZMC but short of capital this must be worth a view :? it would have to be pretty bad to not be worth that :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

bmwaddict

M market watch

Post by bmwaddict » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:24 am

Where's that listed please? Thats bloody cheap if it's been repaired properly and with fsh and in vgc.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

AlfaScozzesi

M market watch

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:32 am

Just had the new tax laws shrust in front of my face which boils down to as far as I can see is pre 2017 and makes all 3.2 worth more than before.

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:04 am

I might have to take a look at it myself at that price!
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Buckz

M market watch

Post by Buckz » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:11 am

Keep in mind that he dropped the price because it developed an issue with the starter and has some warning lights on. It's a massive risk I think. As much as I love the colour..

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 am

Nice track car if fixed up? :-)

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Darren Slone » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:31 am

original guvnor wrote:
TomK wrote:
original guvnor wrote: Some of the comments on here about the M tri-colour wrap on the grille are a bit daft. We all like to personalise our cars a bit.
Regardless of my personal thoughts about that mod, I cannot understand why a dealer selling a car for top money wouldn't change such a thing back to oem for the small outlay.
Maybe it wouldn't bother most but I'd guarantee it would put a few people off, why take the chance?
Darren on here has done something similar on his Z4MR and he is as fastidious an owner as you are likely to meet. You have to look at the car as a whole not make sweeping judgements over something so minor.

Looks like my 44K car won't be worth anything Steve or ever sell without removing the 3 strips of vinyl off of the grill :D
Attachments
IMG_5160.JPG
IMG_5160.JPG (106.47 KiB) Viewed 805 times

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

samj89

M market watch

Post by samj89 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:21 am

bmwaddict wrote:
Where's that listed please? Thats bloody cheap if it's been repaired properly and with fsh and in vgc.
I think it had a new engine not only that no service history!
Carbon black Z4MC with Champagne extended leather, carbon dash. Eibach
front H&R rear, 1m /m3 GTS wheels

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:50 am

samj89 wrote:
bmwaddict wrote:
I'm of the opinion that a new(er) engine is good. No service history obviously bad!
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:57 am

samj89 wrote:
bmwaddict wrote:
Neither of which makes it a bad car just not ideal from a investment point going forward
The car really needs viewing / testdriving & buying with the knowledge that a few ££ spent wisely could offer a great ownership experience with a potential 30%/40% saving on a similar "pedigree" example
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

ShaunKC

M market watch

Post by ShaunKC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:03 pm

At that price, you could buy it, sell off all the parts and still make money, plus mine would then be one of only 9 :evil:

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap