Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
ocrx8

M market watch

Post by ocrx8 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:57 pm

WBAC valuation for mine:

Dec 16: £13,430
Aug 17: £11,750

What's going on?
Current: '08 ///MR | Interlagos | Champagne | Nav | DSP | Cruise | Intravee | ZHP | Black Grilles | Stubby

Previous: '56 3.0si Sport Roadster | Ruby Black | Extended Champagne | Nav | DSP | Xenons | 108s | Non-RFs | Stubby

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Wbac is an average price from the bca auctions. Maybe few cars sold and poor quality have dropped the average price attained.

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Wbac is an average price from the bca auctions. Maybe few cars sold and poor quality have dropped the average price attained.

Steve84N

M market watch

Post by Steve84N » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Or maybe they are actually going down a bit...just a thought...

Not saying they won't rise again but it's not that much of a surprise.
C63 AMG Estate 6208cc

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 am

Brand new Continental Sport Contact 3 (OEM fit) :o
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by mmm-five » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:49 am

flimper wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:18 am Brand new Continental Sport Contact 3 (OEM fit) :o
If they're SportContact3 then they're not OE, but are OEM.

The OE tyre was be the SportContact M3 tyre - which doesn't seem to deliver on a Z4M.

Why do people use the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) acronym when they really mean OE (original equipment). It's like aftermarket windscreens...OE is BMW, OEM is one of a group of windscreen manufacturers (Sekurit, Pilkington, St. Gobain, Guardian, etc.)

At least they're new tyres :thumbsup:
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Sohailnisar

M market watch

Post by Sohailnisar » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Hi guys,

I've been stalking around here for a while, this is my first post.

Having sold my S2000 - I've been looking at the E46 M3 for a little while but now leaning toward the Z4M Coupe.

I've seen a Z4M coupe with 60k miles, 2 owners and full BMW service history. Looks in great condition. Nearly new tyres - what would people pay for that?

People mention a lot about people who bought cars in 2015 having done well - how much were these cars selling for then?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by buzyg » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:16 pm

Plenty around 18-22k on Autotrader. Buy on condition not mileage. A good service history is another important factor with these cars. They do certainly hold there value. Probably going for a few k more that in 2015, but they are still too young to assume the upward trend will continue IMHO.

Good look hunting and keep us up to speed, we're a helpful lot in general. :D

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Sohailnisar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm Hi guys,

Having sold my S2000 - I've been looking at the E46 M3 for a little while but now leaning toward the Z4M Coupe.

I've seen a Z4M coupe with 60k miles, 2 owners and full BMW service history. Looks in great condition. Nearly new tyres - what would people pay for that?

People mention a lot about people who bought cars in 2015 having done well - how much were these cars selling for then?
It's a good time to buy IMO as there has been a real surge of M Coupe's come onto the market in the last week. I can't remember the last time there were 20 cars for sale on autotrader at once, its usually half that so I'd say it's a bit more of a buyers market right at this point in time.
According to my spread sheet, in 2015 the average asking price was £18,478 with the average mileage being 53,289.
This year so far the average asking price has been £21,746, mileage 60,262.

This car stands out to me as good value at that asking price from a dealer for the mileage and with a nice rare interior combo.
If you're planning to keep the mileage to a few thousand a year then this could be a good choice, I'd lose the kidney stickers personally though.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ars&page=2

If your budget is a bit lower and you plan to stick a few more miles on it then this forum members car also looks a great buy for the money and all the recent maintenance/ servicing work done. It should cost you very little for a good while.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... red&page=1

These are just my arm-chair points of view though so some of the other cars could be better once you see them of course.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 pm

LostBoy_84 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

It's a good time to buy IMO as there has been a real surge of M Coupe's come onto the market in the last week. I can't remember the last time there were 20 cars for sale on autotrader at once, its usually half that so I'd say it's a bit more of a buyers market right at this point in time.
According to my spread sheet, in 2015 the average asking price was £18,478 with the average mileage being 53,289.

This car stands out to me as good value at that asking price from a dealer for the mileage and with a nice rare interior combo.
If you're planning to keep the mileage to a few thousand a year then this could be a good choice, I'd lose the kidney stickers personally though.

If your budget is a bit lower and you plan to stick a few more miles on it then this forum members car also looks a great buy for the money and all the recent maintenance/ servicing work done. It should cost you very little for a good while.

These are just my arm-chair points of view though so some of the other cars could be better once you see them of course.
That Ti silver car has had me questioning my roady rationale the last few days :wink: could see that with a few tweaks looking really swish & ask is at the lower end of what we are used to the last 2 years
The Inty blue with silverstone 2 tone ? Now that trim is in my top 3 , i love it but don't think ive ever seen it with the interlagos & sorry to say hope i don't again :o just doesn't key together at all :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 pm

mr wilks wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 pm
LostBoy_84 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:25 pm

That Ti silver car has had me questioning my roady rationale the last few days :wink: could see that with a few tweaks looking really swish & ask is at the lower end of what we are used to the last 2 years
The Inty blue with silverstone 2 tone ? Now that trim is in my top 3 , i love it but don't think ive ever seen it with the interlagos & sorry to say hope i don't again :o just doesn't key together at all :cry:
Think you're a roady man at heart though Mr Wilks, you'd be pining for that open top again come next spring.
I don't think the 2 tone looks too bad on the Interlargos, yes it may suit other colours better but I wouldn't mind it.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current

z4mcoupe2009

M market watch

Post by z4mcoupe2009 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm

The blue one does not look the greatest, look at the door rubbers and m sills (battered), the cushion has also been painted in or whatever they do, at a glance looks great...., agree would go with silver one out of the two, in an ideal world KG or ML have a low miler

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 pm

z4mcoupe2009 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:34 pm in an ideal world KG or ML have a low miler
For £18k :? :oops: not everyone has the budget to land a 1 owner concourse example so get real , there is always a play off with used cars & finding the best for the least will always be the game for 99% of buyers .
Once viewed you can weigh up any cars credentials & factor what costs can be spent along the way to will leave you with the best example that you can afford
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Sohailnisar

M market watch

Post by Sohailnisar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Thank you for that, some useful info there.

The plan for me is to keep the car for a couple of years before moving on, with the hope of selling it for the same, or at least, not much less than what I bought it for.

I drive about 8k miles a year.

Would I be better off paying around £18k for one with around 80k miles on the clock or pay a little more - £20k for one with around 60k on the clock?

I love the look of the CSL wheels on the Z4MC - there's only one for sale on AT with CSL wheels. Lovely colour combination of the grey with the black wheels. However, it seems pretty overpriced.

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Sohailnisar wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm Thank you for that, some useful info there.

The plan for me is to keep the car for a couple of years before moving on, with the hope of selling it for the same, or at least, not much less than what I bought it for.

I drive about 8k miles a year.

Would I be better off paying around £18k for one with around 80k miles on the clock or pay a little more - £20k for one with around 60k on the clock?

I love the look of the CSL wheels on the Z4MC - there's only one for sale on AT with CSL wheels. Lovely colour combination of the grey with the black wheels. However, it seems pretty overpriced.
I'd say that car wasn't too far off what others have been listed at with similar mileage this year but with the sudden influx of cars for sale in the last week it does make it seem high.

For 8k miles per year I'd go for something between 18-20k as you say.
The silver forum car really does seem like a great buy and you also have a lot of others on the market to compare against each other for condition right now.

I expect the good ones won't hang around too long.
Gone but not forgotten

Current