Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon May 29, 2017 9:53 pm

flimper wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:35 pm Maybe but calling people clueless that don't want it is a bit strong
Sorry that may have come across in a bad way , i was meaning more as in the clueless buyer who wakes up one morning & thinks " i like the look of that ZMC at my dealer & i can afford so why not ? " then a few weeks after the cheque clears realises that there are many factors that create a fair market value some of which are spec related .
Whether or not you personally do or don't want nav it has a effect on desirability as does alu dash on M cars :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Mon May 29, 2017 10:00 pm

:thumbsup:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

Fishy Dave

M market watch

Post by Fishy Dave » Mon May 29, 2017 10:09 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 9:53 pm Whether or not you personally do or don't want nav it has a effect on desirability as does alu dash on M cars :cry:
Everyone looks for different things in a car, I have an ali dash and am happy with it. These are small details aren't they?
It seems to be an involuntary reaction for passengers to touch the dash to see if it is metal or plastic, with a positive reaction to find it is 'real'. I think it lifts the sea of black plastics and leather in most cars so wouldn't change it. I like carbon leather too, but personally don't regard it as any more desirable, it's a cosmetic detail like the exterior paint colour. At least you can change the dash if you really don't like it. :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

ShaunKC

M market watch

Post by ShaunKC » Mon May 29, 2017 10:14 pm

I had Nav in a previous coupe, but not in the current M, each to their own, but it's a bonus in my eyes that the dashboard is sleek, smooth and Nav (trouble) free!

I would be surprised that if on these cars, at this age, that the spec, (Nav, cup holders and folding mirrors etc.) make that much difference to the price. The Aluminium / Wood Dash is personal preference, but as you have to look at this as you drive, it might affect the price, if not to taste, but again for the right car, it wouldn't stop me buying, if it really offends this can easily be changed or wrapped.

Heated seats in a roadster would probably be the only spec I would insist on, but that's because I'm a wimp!

Just my opinion though :D :D

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Most of the options have little effect on value, but UK owners in general like a well specified car, and I'm not just talking about Z4's.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 30, 2017 6:32 am

srhutch wrote: Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 pm Most of the options have little effect on value, but UK owners in general like a well specified car, and I'm not just talking about Z4's.
That was my point only better put :oops: specifics may have little effect on outright value but reduces the already small number of potential buyers to such a point that price then has to be more appealing than a similar car with better spec that 99 times of 100 will sell before one with lower trim level :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:03 am

Surely though,

If people are spending big money on a roady or coupe they want a car that everything going for it?

Right exterior/ interior/ miles and history?

If your budget doesn't allow, then beggars can't be choosers ..

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue May 30, 2017 8:24 am

Interestingly, the CSLs with zero options added are worth more than those with all the boxes ticked... :wink:

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 am

Yea

But that's comparing apples and oranges ain't it ..

Anything with "CSL" on the back drives the BMW fanboys into a frenzy...even more so than an "M"

ShaunKC

M market watch

Post by ShaunKC » Tue May 30, 2017 12:47 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 8:03 am Surely though,

If people are spending big money on a roady or coupe they want a car that everything going for it?

Right exterior/ interior/ miles and history?

If your budget doesn't allow, then beggars can't be choosers ..
I think that if you are buying a fairly rare (and now fairly old) 'M', then body/mechanical condition along with strong/perfect service history trumps cup holders etc. However I'm sure if you can find 2 identical cars one fully loaded, one not, most would go for the fully loaded version. But if you were choosing between two cars where one is fully loaded and the other has a more basic spec but is in better condition, then only a fool would consider the fully loaded version, although I could guarantee the price would probably be near as dammit the same.

Faced with two cars one with sat nav one without, regardless of the other spec, I would choose the one without, but that's just me, and many wouldn't agree, but either way, I don't think its budget that separates beggers and choosers!

Now if you are buying a mass produced Daily Driver that isn't that special, where there is generally loads of choice, and if the budget allows, buy one with all the toys, you will need something to keep you interested whilst driving to work. :)

Previous: Z4C 2007 Montego Blue // Current: Z4MC 2008 Sepang Bronze // Instagram: ayorkshirechap

stevespg

M market watch

Post by stevespg » Tue May 30, 2017 3:39 pm

I prefer the less is more approach..

Cruise - good option to have - glad thats fitted.
No Sat Nav... an older sat nav system which is a bit rubbish at best, no traffic updates , happy to have my phone app instead of the sat nav screen cluttering the dash top.
CD player cassette - hopeless! stuck more oftener than not .- much rather have an iPod now so removed the tempremental CD player
Z4 3.0si - gone
Z4MR - gone
E89 35i - gone

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 pm

stevespg wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 3:39 pm I prefer the less is more approach..

Cruise - good option to have - glad thats fitted.
No Sat Nav... an older sat nav system which is a bit rubbish at best, no traffic updates , happy to have my phone app instead of the sat nav screen cluttering the dash top.
CD player cassette - hopeless! stuck more oftener than not .- much rather have an iPod now so removed the tempremental CD player
To put it simply, all things being equal condition wise, I'd always pick the higher spec car. Mad not too imo.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Yorkie Z

M market watch

Post by Yorkie Z » Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 pm

One less on the road now. Not mine, it's on Copart

[IMG]http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad28 ... kiewz9.png[/IMG]
A Dirty M///

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Hooooshhh! that's had a right hammering :cry: been on its roof by the looks of it :(
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

ChrisT70

M market watch

Post by ChrisT70 » Tue May 30, 2017 11:48 pm

I went to view the white one mentioned on here in another thread at a Sheffield dealers, but the place looks to have gone bust or closed, not a car on display and gates locked, been past twice at varying times as it's near Costco.
Still not seen one otherwise that I'd travel to view yet unfortunately