Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
no fit state

M market watch

Post by no fit state » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:52 pm

I don't care how many pre wrap pictures there may be of it. If I can't see the paint work and condition of the bodywork then it's a big no! Pictures will never reveal how a cars paint and body look in the flesh. Also the CSL reps don't seem to have much of a dish on the back wheels.
Z4MC Imola red

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:04 pm

no fit state wrote:. Also the CSL reps don't seem to have much of a dish on the back wheels.
Those wheels are killing the car , they don't sit right & as you point out have zero dish on the rear :( at first look i thought they were 18s :cry: poor effort :| top money i would want a WoW example & this hasn't got it for me
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 pm

I've got this car logged as being for sale in September 2015 at £20k with 48k miles, Black Sapphire, no mods.
It does absolutely nothing for me in that colour and with those wheels but imagine it will appeal to some who're into that kind of look. It's just going to limit an already small market so I think it'll hang around for a while.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

philip27

M market watch

Post by philip27 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:34 am

Does anyone know much about this car?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... red&page=1
Went to the dark side Porsche Cayman 987s
Crimson Red E89 23i - :(
Maldives Blue E85 2.5i - Sold :(

JAD

M market watch

Post by JAD » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:43 pm

philip27 wrote:Does anyone know much about this car?

Yes, it started at £20k and has steadily reduced over the last 8 weeks. Unsure why, so can't add more than that, but worth being aware of the serious drop!

tjlazer

M market watch

Post by tjlazer » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Well it is BROWN. Probably enough to scare off most right minded persons.
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

VRSteve

M market watch

Post by VRSteve » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm

tjlazer wrote:Well it is BROWN. Probably enough to scare off most right minded persons.

Turd on wheels!!
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

VRSteve

M market watch

Post by VRSteve » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 pm

tomscott wrote:I was totally wrong about the mineral oil and generally thought that was true from the hundreds of threads here, m3 cutters and bmwforum and tbh that one thread has put to bed a long believed part of M servicing.

People can rip the piss and scream at me until they are blue in the face and if that's a risk they are willing to take then fine. The response Dave got from BMW sums it up for me. After all the car in question that started the thread was pretty close to bmws late mileage parameters at 1550 miles. I also don't think the barrage and forum humiliation was called for, many of which were members with less than 500 posts but hey ho not the first time, won't be the last.
I've cut out the stuff I'm not interested in commenting on.

I told you over and over to stop spreading misinformation.
I told you repeatedly that you didn't know what you were talking about.
You've been told by many others that your expectations on service history and the reasoning around some of your comments is laughable.

You admit yourself that mechanically don't have a clue, and yet you still carried on spreading misinformation.

You can complain as much as you like, but you have nobody to blame for the abuse and humiliation but yourself.

On the topic of post count, how is that relevant??
My post count is low, but I've rebuilt motorbikes from the ground up. On cars I've carried out engine swaps, turbo conversions, supercharger conversions, top end engine rebuilds. Just because my count is low doesn't mean my opinion isn't relevant and informed, and just because your count is high doesn't mean you're opinion is of any value.

On your final note, if you learn from your mistakes, it might well be the last time you get grief on here.
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

WLH
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by WLH » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Recognize that individuals can have different views and move on. Personal attacks are never appropriate here.
2007 ///M Roadster - My Zed's - Member ZSCCA - ///M Registry - My Videos

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by original guvnor » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

VRSteve wrote:
tomscott wrote:I was totally wrong about the mineral oil and generally thought that was true from the hundreds of threads here, m3 cutters and bmwforum and tbh that one thread has put to bed a long believed part of M servicing.

People can rip the piss and scream at me until they are blue in the face and if that's a risk they are willing to take then fine. The response Dave got from BMW sums it up for me. After all the car in question that started the thread was pretty close to bmws late mileage parameters at 1550 miles. I also don't think the barrage and forum humiliation was called for, many of which were members with less than 500 posts but hey ho not the first time, won't be the last.
I've cut out the stuff I'm not interested in commenting on.

I told you over and over to stop spreading misinformation.
I told you repeatedly that you didn't know what you were talking about.
You've been told by many others that your expectations on service history and the reasoning around some of your comments is laughable.

You admit yourself that mechanically don't have a clue, and yet you still carried on spreading misinformation.

You can complain as much as you like, but you have nobody to blame for the abuse and humiliation but yourself.

On the topic of post count, how is that relevant??
My post count is low, but I've rebuilt motorbikes from the ground up. On cars I've carried out engine swaps, turbo conversions, supercharger conversions, top end engine rebuilds. Just because my count is low doesn't mean my opinion isn't relevant and informed, and just because your count is high doesn't mean you're opinion is of any value.

On your final note, if you learn from your mistakes, it might well be the last time you get grief on here.

I don't want to get involved on the majority of this - that's between you and Tom to sort out.

However why is his expectation that an M's service history is strictly in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations laughable? I don't think that's laughable at all. To many buyers that will be a prerequisite.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 pm

JAD wrote:

Yes, it started at £20k and has steadily reduced over the last 8 weeks. Unsure why, so can't add more than that, but worth being aware of the serious drop!

I wouldn't worry about the car itself or the drop in ask price bearing in mind they only paid around £13k for it :o viewtopic.php?f=41&t=92059
It was bought by Sytners around the time they bought 3/4 other MRs all of which they added a substantial lump on to the screen price without factoring in the looming winter season & that the majority of buyers know what is a realistic market value . I suspect they are getting very close to it now especially with a years AUC warranty worth over £1k making it a relatively "safe" buy :oops:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 pm

WLH wrote:Recognize that individuals can have different view and move on. Personal attacks are never appropriate here.
Anyone ever wondered why WLH is a mod need wonder no more :oops: :P
Eloquently put & hopefully point taken by all
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Kirkk007

M market watch

Post by Kirkk007 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 am

Z4M at rogers in Preston has anyone been to see it, why still for sale I thought good price with a little negotiation. Searched on forum for it, hasn't been discussed just pointed out?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131874741202?_mwBanner=1
2.5i Star Silver, Hardtop, CSL style wheels, LED Sidelights
Love this Car :thumbsup:

philip27

M market watch

Post by philip27 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:06 am

mr wilks wrote:
JAD wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the car itself or the drop in ask price bearing in mind they only paid around £13k for it :o viewtopic.php?f=41&t=92059
It was bought by Sytners around the time they bought 3/4 other MRs all of which they added a substantial lump on to the screen price without factoring in the looming winter season & that the majority of buyers know what is a realistic market value . I suspect they are getting very close to it now especially with a years AUC warranty worth over £1k making it a relatively "safe" buy :oops:

Thanks JAD & Mr Wilks very useful information.
I really should not be looking but spotted this one yesterday. I do rather like Sepang Bronze and the warranty does make it very appealing.

Would mean having to part with my e89 though that has done a lot less miles and had a lot spent on it in the last year.

The itch to own an M seems to keep coming back haha !
Went to the dark side Porsche Cayman 987s
Crimson Red E89 23i - :(
Maldives Blue E85 2.5i - Sold :(

JAD

M market watch

Post by JAD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm

philip27 wrote:
mr wilks wrote:
JAD wrote:

Thanks JAD & Mr Wilks very useful information.
I really should not be looking but spotted this one yesterday. I do rather like Sepang Bronze and the warranty does make it very appealing.

Would mean having to part with my e89 though that has done a lot less miles and had a lot spent on it in the last year.

The itch to own an M seems to keep coming back haha !
As a weekend car, I cannot fault the M. I was considering parting with it for a 35is recently, until I bought a boring Golf as a daily for my other half an I. I then realised it the comfort, quiet, ease of an "Automatic Everything" daily that I wanted really meant having the M as a second car to enjoy at the weekends, and in fact didn't need from a more modern Z4.