Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
sutts

M market watch

Post by sutts » Sat May 13, 2017 6:42 pm

We should start a support group!
However I do also have a nice E28 M5 which is a bit more family friendly, so I shouldn't be looking for too much sympathy 8)
Sapphire Black/Imola Z4MC

monaco_blue

M market watch

Post by monaco_blue » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:00 pm Only 6 cars with under 70k miles available on AT at the moment. Cheapest @ £20990, private sale 55k miler sold advertised @ £23k and another private sale 30k miler sold advertised @ £24.5k.
How can you be sure they sold as opposed to the listing running out?

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Sun May 14, 2017 5:54 pm

monaco_blue wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm
Muckinonthesofa wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:00 pm Only 6 cars with under 70k miles available on AT at the moment. Cheapest @ £20990, private sale 55k miler sold advertised @ £23k and another private sale 30k miler sold advertised @ £24.5k.
How can you be sure they sold as opposed to the listing running out?
Because in the text of the adverts one said "deposit taken" and the other said " now sold".
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

monaco_blue

M market watch

Post by monaco_blue » Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 am

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:54 pm Because in the text of the adverts one said "deposit taken" and the other said " now sold".
:D Good enough for me!

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon May 15, 2017 10:32 am

monaco_blue wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 am
Muckinonthesofa wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:54 pm Because in the text of the adverts one said "deposit taken" and the other said " now sold".
:D Good enough for me!

:thumbsup: :D
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Rob_v

M market watch

Post by Rob_v » Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm

I bought the 'deposit taken' Z4MC 🙂👍 was the first to call and visit. He received quite a lot of calls when it was being advertised!

Does anyone know exactly how many were imported to the UK? Googled for 30 mins, searched the forum too but can't find the definite number!
Z4MC, Interlagos, Champagne (Sold)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Rob_v wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm I bought the 'deposit taken' Z4MC 🙂👍 was the first to call and visit. He received quite a lot of calls when it was being advertised!

Does anyone know exactly how many were imported to the UK? Googled for 30 mins, searched the forum too but can't find the definite number!
Great news - I bet you can't wait to get it! Don't forget the photos. :thumbsup:

According to some figures Taz posted last year there were 588 M Coupes destined for the UK market!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rob_v

M market watch

Post by Rob_v » Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks Mr Tidy - good to know!

Already collected - it's a gorgeous; very happy! Pix here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=96936
Z4MC, Interlagos, Champagne (Sold)

goon

M market watch

Post by goon » Tue May 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Looks like mine is going to a dealer, had the usual timewasters and email "oh god I'm so bored in the office today" merchants, only had 3 private buyer phone calls despite the advert on here for 3 weeks. A dealer will readvertise with a warranty and the necessary price increase and some people will then accuse them of being greedy. You can't have it all ways chaps.

afennell

M market watch

Post by afennell » Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 pm

It does seem people like to buy from dealers more than private.
I know TVRs are different concept but private sales and dealer prices differed greatly. People preferred buying from a dealer and private sales could hang around for a long time.
I sold mine to a dealer in Scotland, after a wheel refurb and headlight re-seal she sold for allot more.
I guess these are becoming weekend toys / luxury items now therefore people will pay more for peace of mind and warranty.

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Very strange Goon....I thought your car was an absolute bargain considering the current market. Maybe SOR with a dealer is the way to go with these things now....

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm

goon wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 3:56 pm Looks like mine is going to a dealer, had the usual timewasters and email "oh god I'm so bored in the office today" merchants, only had 3 private buyer phone calls despite the advert on here for 3 weeks. A dealer will readvertise with a warranty and the necessary price increase and some people will then accuse them of being greedy. You can't have it all ways chaps.
Ive mentioned this car to 2 non z4-forum members who are supposedly after getting into ZMCs at the right money & neither followed up :? hot air & pipe dreams are everywhere it would seem :wink:
As for a dealer looking to make on it ? Yes there is cash in the car , £1500 maybe £2k ? but warranty + prep to consider so possibly as little as £1k depending on what they are paying you of course :wink: consider a 3.0 Si with less than half the money tied up could net the same & only a dealer who knows his ///Market will take it on .
What i find more interesting & this may upset the hard roofers on here is the last few weeks i know of at least 4 Z4M roadies that have changed hands pretty swiftly & not at bargain basement money , 2 were over your ZMC ask , 1 a touch under & 1 lower down the scale although no worse a car for it imo .
Its a fickle market & as they get older potential buyers throwing big lumps into weekend toys will be harder to find .
As ever it makes a interesting spectacle for those interested
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Pastry

M market watch

Post by Pastry » Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

goon wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 3:56 pm Looks like mine is going to a dealer, had the usual timewasters and email "oh god I'm so bored in the office today" merchants, only had 3 private buyer phone calls despite the advert on here for 3 weeks. A dealer will readvertise with a warranty and the necessary price increase and some people will then accuse them of being greedy. You can't have it all ways chaps.
I think the talk of low end rebuilds as a precaution and running in service scaremongering hasn't helped the cause. People like me who are not that mechanically minded or confident with a spanner are scared off by the perceived pitfalls of the M. I bought my MR last mouth as an AUC and paid top dollar for low miles and the AUC warranty. Im sure to many I paid too much and it isn't worth it however to me, I wouldn't have bought one without the peace of mind of AUC and as these cars get older yet still command high values more people will think that way.
Last edited by Pastry on Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

goon

M market watch

Post by goon » Tue May 16, 2017 11:35 pm

Yes Pastry I can see where you're coming from these cars are well out of the initial warranty period and buying off a dealer auc makes total sense, I would never criticize someone for that because of the amount of money involved.

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Wed May 17, 2017 7:01 am

Pastry wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm
I think the talk of low end rebuilds as a precaution and running in service scaremongering hasn't helped the cause. People like me who are not that mechanically minded or confident with a spanner are scared off by the perceived pitfalls of the M. I bought my MR last mouth as an AUC and paid top dollar for low miles and the AUC warranty. Im sure to many I paid too much and it isn't worth it however to me, I wouldn't have bought one without the peace of mind of AUC and as these cars get older yet still command high values more people will think that way.
You'll be keeping the warranty up then when it comes to renewal?