Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Tyreman

M market watch

Post by Tyreman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:48 pm

That's just described me lol..........nervous disposition :?

I like the Imola one and it's quite close to where I live but I wouldn't pay that for it, I've had three E46 M3s and £18K is more or less E92 M3 money so would have to be around £15k for me to be interested in it :driving:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 am

Tyreman wrote:That's just described me lol..........nervous disposition :?

I like the Imola one and it's quite close to where I live but I wouldn't pay that for it, I've had three E46 M3s and £18K is more or less E92 M3 money so would have to be around £15k for me to be interested in it :driving:
Different propositions though :wink: those V8 M3s are going south whilst the Z4Ms are only going to hold their value or steadily increase
The next few months will be interesting to see if the usual upswing for the roady actually sees some of the current cars sell which in turn could prompt a further push upwards in ask prices ?
I know this time last year £12k would have seen you into a decent 60k car but right now that seem's pretty much impossible :?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 am

Trade has inflated the pricing, they will try their hardest to squeeze every last quid out of the gullible fanatic.. and that's their job

Private sales prices are more realistic, as the nice low miles roady that was advertised on here recently shows, under 40k miles and well priced , interestingly no takers apart from trade..

The good news is that if your in it for the long run then prices aren't dropping..

My m roady sold for £13,000 4 years ago with 72k miles
M coupe for £15,000 with 90k on 2 years ago

Same prices could be achieved now I would think to the right man... seems that there just isn't many buyers at dealer prices, unsurprisingly..

Tyreman

M market watch

Post by Tyreman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Does anyone have experience of buying AUC from BMW, how much would you realistically expect to get off the £18K asking price ?

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Tyreman wrote:Does anyone have experience of buying AUC from BMW, how much would you realistically expect to get off the £18K asking price ?
I have a pal who works in used sales at Bowker BMW , you would be doing well if you chipped off any more than £500 & forget waving cash under their nose :roll: they'd rather do you for finance :oops: :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Tyreman wrote:Does anyone have experience of buying AUC from BMW, how much would you realistically expect to get off the £18K asking price ?
Also treat "AUC" as "Always Use Caution"

It is a guideline that dealer can deviate from, so never take a dealer at their word, especially with regard to service history. Check the book yourself to make sure it has been serviced to the level you would expect.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Got to be careful with those S65s too few more problems than the S54.

The Z4M seems to be a little more robust in terms of issues compared to the E46 and E92.

Tyreman

M market watch

Post by Tyreman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:11 pm

tomscott wrote:

Got to be careful with those S65s too few more problems than the S54.

The Z4M seems to be a little more robust in terms of issues compared to the E46 and E92.
Less complicated is a good thing as cars get older in my opinion, the V8 does scare me :?

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 pm

All "S" derived engines have problems...

The more cylinders,the bigger your problems..

FR08MEE

M market watch

Post by FR08MEE » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:08 pm

A second year warranty is easily do-able it costs them about £500 to add.... Maybe £500-£1k off the price also.

Tyreman

M market watch

Post by Tyreman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 pm

I'm going to call in on the way home from work tomorrow and view the imola red roadster at Sytner in Tamworth..........will post an update after :?

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by paulgs1000 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:32 pm

FR08MEE wrote:
A second year warranty is easily do-able it costs them about £500 to add.... Maybe £500-£1k off the price also.
Bought a 2008 3.0si AUC from BMW in Jan 2014 managed £500 off advertised price and had wheels refurbed before pickup and tyres changed for my non runflats (fitted to my 2 litre which was a part ex). They also fitted new fog-lights when I pointed out the corrosion before the sale.

I waited 8 months to buy this AUC 3.0si as I wanted the warranty offered by BMW. If you could manage a second year warranty in the deal I think that would be a worthwhile extra.

During the years warranty I had front suspension bushes fitted (wandered at speed) a new key supplied (one stopped working) a new coil fitted (one went) a full new fabric roof fitted (as one of the demisting wires stopped working on the back window and it was the only way to correct this fault). Intermittent radio/speaker fault sorted (fitted new speakers in doors) - all under warranty. (I made certain I made good use of the warranty before it ran out and BMW dealt with most (but not all) of my concerns 200 miles from where I bought the 3.0si at a dealership in Newcastle - Zed bought in Warrington. Excellent service. (They would not refurb the wheels again when one rear corroded on the inside of a back wheel nor could they sort out an intermittent seat creak).

I bought my M privately and without a warranty but the owner was known and a long term forum member :D
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

JAD

M market watch

Post by JAD » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:16 pm

The imola roady dropped by £2k in about a week... That really doesn't help :roll:

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 pm

It all depends on timing...basically, if you go in towards the end of a quarter you are far more likely to get a good deal as the sales folk get paid on units sold not the profit in the car. Also, always negotiate the sticker price based taking finance, then if you 'change your mind' and pay cash you have the price to try and make them stick to.

Wrs

M market watch

Post by Wrs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:05 pm

I bought my 35is as AUC. Got just under £900 off (my target was £1500) plus seat bolster repaired / returbed, new centre console (it had a chip) fitted, foam replaced behind front bumper, new mats and FOC delivery to me (200 odd miles) before agreeing to purchase.

My advice is pay for Parkers guide pricing, print it off and take it in with you, play dumb to market influences and most importantly be prepared to walk. It's sooo awkward after spending all afternoon in a dealership but stick to your guns, shake their hand & thank them for their time and walk straight out!! If you are being realistic, you will get a phone call.

I got an email thanking me for taking a look at the car etc etc with an offer of a tank of fuel included literally 20 minutes after walking out.

+1 on what Mr Wilks said re: cash buyer. I tried that and defiantly would of got a better deal if I went down the finance route.

I've made use of the AUC warranty since my purchase. It's good for piece of mind.

Hope this helps :)
Gone - Black Sapphire Z4 E89 35is
Gone - Midnight Blue Z4 E85 3.0si