Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Finally Got Myself An ///M.

"M" Specific discussion
Havard

Finally Got Myself An ///M.

Post by Havard » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi,

Picked this up on Saturday after a trip to the midlands. viewtopic.php?f=41&t=74585

I love the car and the 90 mile drive home was great. I started out looking for a Black with Black Coupe with sub 30K miles and having tried to get my hands on a couple I started considering Blue but most cars were sold before I could get to them.

The advert for this car popped up and it seemed too good of a deal not to go for it.

I have a couple of questions though. Power steering pump seems a bit whiney, especially at low speeds (town driving). I cannot connect to the bluetooth in the car after reading the instructions I think I may be getting it wrong and also, where are the drain holes that need clearing? The car will be mostly kept in a garage but I want to keep an eye on them.

Thanks

Paul
ImageImage

Stu Boy

Re: Finally Got Myself An ///M.

Post by Stu Boy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:34 pm

Very very nice :thumbsup: Welcome aboard

As for the things of concern, power steering could be the drive belt needs replacing, when its running squirt a bit of water on it, it usually runs quiet if its the belt. Not too much though or you'll get a face full :lol: and keep your pinkies out of there too.

I couldn't connect to my bluetooth when i bought mine either, found out it had a replacement unit and i had to tear out the boot trim and get the code from the unit. Maybe yours is the same?

Drain holes are easy, loads of posts on here about them, but basically its rear wheels off, remove part of the arc liner, grope around until you fond the rubber grommet, pull them out, clean them, flush the cavity with the hose around the area above so the water runs though, replace the grommets :o :thumbsup:

Nice car again :thumbsup:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

Havard

Post by Havard » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:12 pm

Cheers Stu

I have followed the instructions for the bluetooth but I must be doing something wrong. The unit is the original and I have the code but the car does nothing when you press the button for 3 seconds and then turn the ignition from 0 to 1. Don't get me wrong, I only spent about 10 mins playing with this.

Will have a look at the belt but it seems to come and go at times. Defo sounds like the pump but the reservoir is full.

I have seen references to the drain holes and will have to have a play around and find them. The seller Steve said that he'd cleared them out himself prior to the sale.

May have to get her to a few meets in the summer.

H.
Stu Boy wrote:Very very nice :thumbsup: Welcome aboard

As for the things of concern, power steering could be the drive belt needs replacing, when its running squirt a bit of water on it, it usually runs quiet if its the belt. Not too much though or you'll get a face full :lol: and keep your pinkies out of there too.

I couldn't connect to my bluetooth when i bought mine either, found out it had a replacement unit and i had to tear out the boot trim and get the code from the unit. Maybe yours is the same?

Drain holes are easy, loads of posts on here about them, but basically its rear wheels off, remove part of the arc liner, grope around until you fond the rubber grommet, pull them out, clean them, flush the cavity with the hose around the area above so the water runs though, replace the grommets :o :thumbsup:

Nice car again :thumbsup:
ImageImage

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:25 pm

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Great cars aren't they.

I'm experiencing the same with my Bluetooth. I've only tried it a few times but will have another bash this weekend

Word of warning though, make sure you post general Z4 questions in the other section otherwise you'll feel the wrath of ///Madamski !

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:29 pm

DPG wrote:Congratulations on your new purchase.

Great cars aren't they.

I'm experiencing the same with my Bluetooth. I've only tried it a few times but will have another bash this weekend

Word of warning though, make sure you post general Z4 questions in the other section otherwise you'll feel the wrath of ///Madamski !
///Madamski :rofl: :rofl:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:02 pm

:lol:
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

ncrossy1980

Post by ncrossy1980 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Wow, that's a beautiful machine... normally I'd stay clear of silver cars but the Z in silver seems to highlight and emphasise the lines, it's stunning :o I thought I'd bagged myself a winning deal with mine, but I reckon you've just won the award for bargain of the year there :thumbsup:

ChrisC85

Post by ChrisC85 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:15 am

ncrossy1980 wrote:Wow, that's a beautiful machine... normally I'd stay clear of silver cars but the Z in silver seems to highlight and emphasise the lines, it's stunning :o I thought I'd bagged myself a winning deal with mine, but I reckon you've just won the award for bargain of the year there :thumbsup:
Totally agree. Silver really shows off the contours of the Z. It's a beaut.

Enjoy 8) :thumbsup:
Sold: Z4M Coupe, Sapphire Black.

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 am

Thanks for the comments. I was very lucky when the car was advertised and contacted the seller almost immediately.

Although the thread highlighted that the car price was on the keen side, he honoured his advert and the car was as described when we viewed it. Steve wanted a quick sale and that's what he got so I think everyone is happy.

Car is tucked away for the moment but I am looking forward to driving her and having a fiddle with my new toy.

H.
ImageImage

ncrossy1980

Post by ncrossy1980 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 am

+1 for having the will power to keep it tucked away. I took mine to work today just because it was covered in frost this morning, needed to thaw it out, any excuse whilst the novelty is still strong! :D

Austin

Post by Austin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:25 am

Great looking car, looks a great buy so all you need to do now is ENJOY!!!

Add me to the list of people who can't get their bluetooth to work.....hold for ten seconds, move to position 1, stand on your head for ten seconds... repeat 48 times..... :headbang: :headbang:
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:22 am

If it's not been answered already, try this for the Bluetooth;

- "Forget" car from phone list
- "Forget" phone from car list by holding down the button in the centre console fold down for 10 seconds until it beeps
- Start again with the usual pairing, as per the instructions, but once paired, you need to end the process by turning the car off

Once you start the car again, it should pair with no problems. It took me two weeks, multiple drop ins at BMW and a fair few searches on here!

Have to say, the car looks superb! Not a fan of Silver and let a couple pass me by, but the spec is great and interior looks immaculate! Few sprays of 303 Aerospace or Autofinesse Dressle on those engine bay plastics and you're on to a winner!

Enjoy!!

JAD

Post by JAD » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:24 am

Just to add to the above as others appear to be having trouble;

- hold button for three seconds
- while still holding, turn key to position 1 and continue to hold for three seconds
- release and radio should say "pairing"
- connect phone
- then as above, turn car off to end process

This should work.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Taz » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:39 pm

enjoy :) :thumbsup:

Havard

Post by Havard » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Cheers JAD. Following the instructions doesn't seem to have any effect on the nav/radio screen at all. All we get in the telephone menu is emergency and a call symbol and neither actually work when you press the button. Being connected to a phone is obviously everything.
JAD wrote:Just to add to the above as others appear to be having trouble;

- hold button for three seconds
- while still holding, turn key to position 1 and continue to hold for three seconds
- release and radio should say "pairing"
- connect phone
- then as above, turn car off to end process

This should work.
ImageImage