Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

RTAB Limiters

"M" Specific discussion
TomCar

RTAB Limiters

Post by TomCar » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Thought I would provide a quick update.
My Pelican limiters arrived in no time and looked about $20 worth. I took a day off and with a following wind expected to get these in, change the H&R's to Eibach's & at the same time get my new rear pads on.
Despite its age (2006)and 59k miles, everything underneath was clean so all came apart easily. Rears were dead easy and completed in around 2 hours.
Fronts were a bit more involved but again straight forward. I managed to fit one spring upside down, which isn't a problem for performance but my OCD kicked in preventing me from fitting the other upside down.
Faffing about completed and by 6pm all was done and booked into BMTR in 2 days later.
£85 and the geometry was done to my spec. The car felt very planted, which is possibly placebo, but the lack of movement from the rear is very noticeable now that it has been reduced. Turn in and front grip is brilliant and overall the car feels more balanced.
I would recommend fitting limiters and getting a geo on any car, well worth it.
Next up is to get a track evening at Donington booked, but first is ZFEST on Sunday; hope to meet some of you there.
Tom

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

RTAB Limiters

Post by Machine monkey » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:54 pm

I made my own if you can use a lathe they are very easy to do.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

TomCar

RTAB Limiters

Post by TomCar » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Couldnt agree more as they are a simple component. I did look into material availability but lack of access to a lathe led me to give up and just go with the Pelican bits. I've used Pelican before for 911 parts and found them to be a good supplier, had to swallow hard to cough up for the delivery charges though!

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

RTAB Limiters

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Machine monkey wrote:I made my own if you can use a lathe they are very easy to do.
So we'll start seeing "Machine Monkey Limiters" now Mat?

I'll get my name in for the first set please :)

Mike

G600

RTAB Limiters

Post by G600 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Machine monkey wrote:I made my own if you can use a lathe they are very easy to do.
Can you remember the dimensions? I'm changing my bushes soon and as I have use of a machine shop I might as well make some up.
Thanks
E85 3.0

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

RTAB Limiters

Post by Machine monkey » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:50 pm

I can't nate I think I used 1/4 or 5mm plate. The ID and OD is easy to figure out as is the taper needed. Get the trailing armed off and go from there buddy :thumbsup:
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

abar121

RTAB Limiters

Post by abar121 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:44 pm

Do a search, this has been covered before. They used to be about £10 plus postage. Probably a little more now we're all poorer.

http://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/0930 ... FG523.aspx
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

G600

RTAB Limiters

Post by G600 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Machine monkey wrote:I can't nate I think I used 1/4 or 5mm plate. The ID and OD is easy to figure out as is the taper needed. Get the trailing armed off and go from there buddy :thumbsup:
Thanks, that was my plan B but I thought I'd see if anyone knew the answer to save taking it apart and then putting it back together while I make the spacers, I'll update this once I've done it incase anyone wants the measurements in the future.
E85 3.0

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

RTAB Limiters

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Think I paid around £19 all in from Ebay in the end. The difference is noticeable though..

Mike