Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacement Battery

"M" Specific discussion
AZ4MW

Replacement Battery

Post by AZ4MW » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Can I ask as it's on the subject of batteries, I've just bought myself a CTEK MXS 5.0, I've tried it on my other car and it charged very quickly and worked perfectly, does the CTEK run quite warm in operation as it felt warm to touch the only reason I ask is I'm going to put it on my z4m for a period of time and leave it on in the boot will it be safe for a period I can leave it on a metal case I carry with my cleaning stuff in it so it's not on the carpet area many thanks Andy
06 Z4///M Roadster Sapphire Black
"I love it"

VRSteve

Replacement Battery

Post by VRSteve » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:24 pm

AZ4MW wrote:Can I ask as it's on the subject of batteries?? I've just bought myself a CTEK MXS 5.0, I've tried it on my other car and it charged very quickly and worked perfectly. Does the CTEK run quite warm in operation as it felt warm to touch. The only reason I ask is I'm going to put it on my z4m for a period of time and leave it on in the boot. Will it be safe for a period?? I can leave it on a metal case I carry with my cleaning stuff in it so it's not on the carpet area. Many thanks Andy

Yep they run warm

Yep you can leave it in the boot, it won't blow up.
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

AZ4MW

Replacement Battery

Post by AZ4MW » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:
06 Z4///M Roadster Sapphire Black
"I love it"

goughy1

Replacement Battery

Post by goughy1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Awesome that's good to know! Thanks