Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

"M" Specific discussion
AlfaScozzesi

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Last October I had an inspection 2 done and then in May an oil change. So to keep up with the service regime I want to maintain considering the car is a daily driver and will do 12k per year I needed to service again.

School holidays meant I had some time off this week after a long run up to Xmas at work where I couldn't get any time off at all so it was time to get the Zed serviced.

Living close to Fort William and the nearest dealer being an hour or so away stayed away for the night with my son and took advantage of Inverness's cinema (something else Fort William doesn't have!)

Was given a new 520d which was massive and very nice. Quite enjoyed it in the same way I enjoy driving the Saab. Relaxed and comfy. Enjoyed playing with the new fangled bits I am not used to... Electric handbrake, mousepad thing in the car, stop/ start etc.

Anyway Star Wars Rouge One - 8.5 like how it sat in the series and filled a hole in the saga. Assassins Creed - 5 ( not my choice but my son loves games).

Inspection 1 - £540 BMW dealer with me supplying the Castrol edge rather than use their new Shell Helix oil. All in £650 with VAT.

Thought car was running well but after it was reshimmed think it is even smoother!

Happy anyway :thumbsup:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (143.73 KiB) Viewed 511 times

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

Post by paulgs1000 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Hey that's a great price for a dealer Inspection 2 Gary - nearly worth another drive up to the Commando Memorial :thumbsup:

(I was a bit disappointed when I went to see Rogue One - we had 10 kids and associates when we went! They loved it - Christmas treat)
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

AlfaScozzesi

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi Paul, good to hear from you. Been off the forum for a bit while been so busy at work. Glad to see you enjoying the M on New Year's Day.

It was an inspection 1 today so a lot of oil to be added for an inspection 2 and £85 of oil to be added to todays price (inspection 1) although this was bought a while ago. Did the insp 2 last year but well worth phoning a few dealers and getting the best price. Harry Fairburn in Inverness have always been good though in making sure the car is there the night before service and giving a before and after shim report.

I am a bit of a Star Wars geek so it would have to be bad for me not to be happy with a new film. :roll:

Look forward to meeting you at some point in the coming year either up or down. :thumbsup:

Bing
Legend
Legend

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

Post by Bing » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:39 pm

Good that they did the shims for an insp 1 - I had heard that dealers had stopped doing it that service, despite it being specified in the service schedule... maybe my memory of a past thread is hazy though :?
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

AlfaScozzesi

Inspection 1 / Star Wars

Post by AlfaScozzesi » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Only difference between one and two is gearbox, diff oil and spark plugs I think.

Have read threads where this wasn't done however. I guess it boils down to taking your pride and joy to somewhere you trust.