Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Ultrac Sessanta - Still available for M's?

"M" Specific discussion
Tusk

Post by Tusk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Hi guys

Just doing some routine maintenance and noticed I'm down around 3mm on the rear tyres. I've got Ultrac Sessanta all round with 5mm or so up front.

I can't seem to find M spec rear Ultrac Sessanta's anywhere as I was hoping to just change the rears out.

Do they still do them in our size? If not what's the best approach? Replace just the rears and have mismatched tyres F/R? Or just do all 4?

If I go mismatched or all new I'd probably go Michelin for what it's worth.

VRSteve

Post by VRSteve » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:15 pm

I looked a few days ago and found nothing I'm afraid
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Why not the Vred Vorti :? https://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/ ... 99y-570143
You could switch the fronts to them as & when
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:21 pm

What size are you looking for?
Had no problem finding Sessantas for years in Holland but then it is a Dutch brand. :wink:
try
https://www.autobandenmarkt.nl/banden/v ... 15191829:s

if ur willing to pay a bit extra for postage i'm sure you'll find a reseller in holland....
try google.nl with the type and size
:thumbsup:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

goldbcfc

Post by goldbcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:27 pm

vortis replaced the sessanta have you tried rimstyle.co.uk they had some not long ago

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Strange thing is right now on Tyreleader the Sessantas in 265 30 19 are going up & the DOT on them is 2012 :o
£118 last month / £139 this :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:36 pm

mr wilks wrote:Strange thing is right now on Tyreleader the Sessantas in 265 30 19 are going up & the DOT on them is 2012 :o
I think they have a bit of a cult following, prob cos of how they look.
Benny, my old E36 coupe was on his last set before he got smacked into and I also used them on the E46 M3.
They were perfect in every way...except on snow and ice, where they were absolute sh!te :roll:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Chris_D wrote:
mr wilks wrote:Strange thing is right now on Tyreleader the Sessantas in 265 30 19 are going up & the DOT on them is 2012 :o
Benny, my old E36 coupe was on his last set before he got smacked into and I also used them on the E46 M3.
They were perfect in every way...except on snow and ice, where they were absolute sh!te :roll:
They were pretty good especially for the money that they sold for 2/3 years ago
The Vortis are just as good though & virtually the next best thing to a Michelin PSS only 30% cheaper
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
They were pretty good especially for the money that they sold for 2/3 years ago
The Vortis are just as good though & virtually the next best thing to a Michelin PSS only 30% cheaper
Aye, I'll be throwing a set on the 108's when they go back on in Spring i think. Expecting only good things and hope theyre as 'progressive' as the Sessantas if the back end steps out with traction off.

Tusk

Post by Tusk » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi guys - thanks so it's not just me that can't find them!

Could go Vorti, makes sense to keep the same brand as they have been great tyres so far. I'll see if I can find any locally to get fitted.

How do they compare to Michelin for those who have had both?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:30 pm

I switched from Vred Sessanta to MPSS a while back. I swapped the rears first, then the front a few months later. I had no issues. Both very good tyres. I find the PSS are a bit more predictable, but your seldom going to notice. Both are crap in cold damp conditions IMHO. Though I thought the VREDs actually had more grip, in the wet. :o

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:33 pm

buzyg wrote:I switched from Vred Sessanta to MPSS a while back. I swapped the rears first, then the front a few months later. I had no issues. Both very good tyres. I find the PSS are a bit more predictable, but your seldom going to notice. Both are crap in cold damp conditions IMHO. Though I thought the VREDs actually had more grip, in the wet. :o
Made the same swop, Vreds much better in cold & wet, hoping the MPSS are brilliant when the sun starts to shine!
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:46 pm

flimper wrote:
buzyg wrote:I switched from Vred Sessanta to MPSS a while back. I swapped the rears first, then the front a few months later. I had no issues. Both very good tyres. I find the PSS are a bit more predictable, but your seldom going to notice. Both are crap in cold damp conditions IMHO. Though I thought the VREDs actually had more grip, in the wet. :o
Made the same swop, Vreds much better in cold & wet, hoping the MPSS are brilliant when the sun starts to shine!
They are, be sure the're warm before you push on though. :D

Havard

Post by Havard » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I have Vreds on all my cars when I have the choice. Great tyre all round, particularly in the wet.

My M rears are looking a tad on worn side. I will probably go Continentals if I can't find any Vreds at the right size.

H.
ImageImage

Tusk

Post by Tusk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:04 pm

flimper wrote:
Thanks again for all the replies so far. Interesting to hear first hand that the Vred's have better wet grip - I've seen that written before and never quite believed it to be honest.

I'll try stick with them then as being in Scotland it's a few degrees colder and usually a fair bit wetter than some of you guys are used to!!