Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ROAD TAX

"M" Specific discussion
Kernow-Z4

ROAD TAX

Post by Kernow-Z4 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:07 pm

There was an m couple for sale a while ago that was initially registered in the Isle of Man so had a lower tax rate... £295 from memory?

As for insurance, I'm 22 years old living in Cornwall and pay £380 a year for a m couple, pretty good I reckon!
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe, Interlagos Blue, Black Leather, Eventuri intake and Stromung Exhaust

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

ROAD TAX

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:46 pm

MUDMAN wrote:Ok, so thats blown the road tax. It would only be a weekender, so whats insurance like?
If you want high-performance and lower running costs - have a look at the Alpina as there's no ///M tax - Alpina are classified as a small manufacturer and the older cars are taxed as PLG rather than by emissions, so VED this year is £230 and servicing costs are the same as the 3L Z4. This year my insurance was under £160 (fully comp, protected no claims, low-risk postcode area, old bastard discount)

Although with only 167 RHD cars made, they're not that common and finding a good one can be difficult...
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

tspar

ROAD TAX

Post by tspar » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:01 am

My roadster costs me £45 a month to tax. To some people its extortionate. To me its far less than a Sky subscription and i get far more joy out of it that watching some American rubbish on a channel i have never heard of................ I would love to take anyone with a Sky subscription out in the Zed and let them hit 5,000 revs and then tell me Sky is a better monthly option :P :driving:
Z4 M Roadster (Present), Audi TTS, Z4 23i, Audi TT, Alfa Brera Prodrive, SLK 55 AMG, S3, R32, V6 4Motion

JAD

ROAD TAX

Post by JAD » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:13 am

tspar wrote:My roadster costs me £45 a month to tax. To some people its extortionate. To me its far less than a Sky subscription and i get far more joy out of it that watching some American rubbish on a channel i have never heard of................ I would love to take anyone with a Sky subscription out in the Zed and let them hit 5,000 revs and then tell me Sky is a better monthly option :P :driving:
That's quite interesting. I recently dropped Sky from a wildly bonkers £87 a month to £28 a month (and not noticed a difference!!), and thus have not bothered to SORN my car over Winter just in case we had a few days like the last couple of weekends, i.e. wonderfully sunny, if a little on the slippery side!

mattyp

ROAD TAX

Post by mattyp » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:43 am

tspar wrote:My roadster costs me £45 a month to tax. To some people its extortionate. To me its far less than a Sky subscription and i get far more joy out of it that watching some American rubbish on a channel i have never heard of................ I would love to take anyone with a Sky subscription out in the Zed and let them hit 5,000 revs and then tell me Sky is a better monthly option :P :driving:
:thumbsup:
E86 2007 Monaco Blue Metallic 3.0 Si SE with Beige Heated Leather

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

ROAD TAX

Post by markeg » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:00 am

PerryGunn wrote:
MUDMAN wrote:Ok, so thats blown the road tax. It would only be a weekender, so whats insurance like?
If you want high-performance and lower running costs - have a look at the Alpina as there's no ///M tax - Alpina are classified as a small manufacturer and the older cars are taxed as PLG rather than by emissions, so VED this year is £230 and servicing costs are the same as the 3L Z4. This year my insurance was under £160 (fully comp, protected no claims, low-risk postcode area, old bastard discount)

Although with only 167 RHD cars made, they're not that common and finding a good one can be difficult...
:thumbsup: keep an eye on this thread if interested
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

goon

ROAD TAX

Post by goon » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:33 pm

If you are after an exclusive performance car then the z4m fits the bill, z4m for sale on AT-29 onPH-28, m3 for sale onAT-711 on PH-535. Obviously some adverts will be duplicated but you get my drift.

-Tom-

ROAD TAX

Post by -Tom- » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:10 pm

LostBoy_84 wrote:I guess running costs will be pretty similar but I imagine servicing at a Porsche dealership would be slightly more expensive.
Prices bottomed out around 2012/2013 from what I've seen but I would say they are sensitive to mileage, correct servicing. As they get older I think the affect of this will reduce somewhat.
Not so sure about that, I think servicing is about the same, maybe even more expensive in comparison to a mate's Boxter S, if i remember rightly . M servicing prices are an absolute joke (dealership prices).

Edit ... I'm hungry and grumpy. I will rephrase that. Servicing prices are steep, a little labour intensive due to having to measure valve clearances certainly adds to the costs. But I do feel they make up figures for the M cars in general, because they can.
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby