Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Exhaust Centre Pipe

"M" Specific discussion
ShineyT

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by ShineyT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Afternoon all,

Following on from an earlier thread where I had a suspicious loud "bang" from the rear of the car, it transpires the centre pipe has sheered just before it joins the backbox on the drivers side. The bracket is still ok and in place but the end of the centre pipe has come away.

As such, it needs replacing! Not happy with just welding so new part it is.

Question being: Does anyone know (off hand or via measurements I guess) if a SuperSprint centre pipe (http://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bmw-e8 ... -pipe.aspx#!/) is a compatible fit with the RPi backboxes?

The RPi was a straight bolt on to the standard X Pipe however.. Any reason for a bit more noise...
2006/56 Z4MC now sold!

2015/65 F Type R Coupe AWD arrived!

D4dawg

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by D4dawg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:00 pm

Saying centre pipe
Do you mean decatt?
As I've got it and it's awesome but you'll need a remap to tell engine it has no cats and Eml off

ShineyT

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by ShineyT » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Will be leaving the cat in (can't be bothered with the fuss at MOT time). The bit that needs changing is the part I linked in other post, goes from the Cat to the Backboxes.

My only real concern is if the exit from the Supersprint is the same size as OEM - and as such will then fit the RPi backboxes with no hassle.
2006/56 Z4MC now sold!

D4dawg

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by D4dawg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

You mean x pipe
Mines standard there
But Supersprint do them and should be plug and play buddy
My decatt fitted perfectly as did the Eisenmann race cans
Will advise replace the bolts and the O rings
Makes life easier as bolts are wasted once off

TomK

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by TomK » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:55 pm

ShineyT wrote:Will be leaving the cat in (can't be bothered with the fuss at MOT time). The bit that needs changing is the part I linked in other post, goes from the Cat to the Backboxes.

My only real concern is if the exit from the Supersprint is the same size as OEM - and as such will then fit the RPi backboxes with no hassle.
I would be a little careful here. I have the Supersprint backboxes and they don't connect with my oem x-pipe in the same way that the oem backboxes do. The Supersprint x-pipe is not the same layup as the oem one, it's designed to fit with their backboxes.
Drop them a mail, sure you can make it work though with little hassle.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

goon

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by goon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Why not go to an exhaust centre and let them make up what is required?

ShineyT

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by ShineyT » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:14 pm

Just an update...

Ended up ordering a Rogue Engineering X-Ppipe from Roy (great guy) @ CA-INT as it is OEM fitment and still non resonated (same as the Supersprint).

Booked to fit in 10 days or so with Redish Motorsports in Bristol.

So the Z shall get louder!
2006/56 Z4MC now sold!

zmaster007

Exhaust Centre Pipe

Post by zmaster007 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Will be interested to know the difference in noise you get from the x pipe :thumbsup: