Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CSL Wheels

"M" Specific discussion
D4dawg

CSL Wheels

Post by D4dawg » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Agree in point to reps being cheaper

But after I had some then my life and car was in the hands of reps that cost less than the tyres that wrapped around them
They came off after 3 months or less
I go at v high speed from time to time as I simply didn't trust them to have been as rigerously testes etc etc

And the difference between reps and oem csls quality of finish, looks, weight and security knowing oem.BBS and designed for speed etc is huge
So is cost but that's life I guess

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

CSL Wheels

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:36 pm

Lynchy wrote:
no fit state wrote:
Lynchy wrote:Steve is right I haven't fitted them yet. I had a long conversation with Chris at CMWheels and before buying he assured me they were exactly the same dish and offsets (which I still don't understand ) as genuine CSLs . The only difference is that the fronts may sit out about 5mm more than genuine which is fine. As soon as I get them on i will post some pics .
I have The CM reps on mine and confirm they do sit out slightly more at the front, but that is a bonus as they fill out the front arch very nicely.
Can you post a pic pls :thumbsup:
Haha :D Ed you lazy fooker :oops: :P you want a pic :P why not fit your own set & take a pic yourself :roll: :poke: :lol:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

no fit state

CSL Wheels

Post by no fit state » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Lynchy wrote:
no fit state wrote:
Lynchy wrote:Steve is right I haven't fitted them yet. I had a long conversation with Chris at CMWheels and before buying he assured me they were exactly the same dish and offsets (which I still don't understand ) as genuine CSLs . The only difference is that the fronts may sit out about 5mm more than genuine which is fine. As soon as I get them on i will post some pics .
I have The CM reps on mine and confirm they do sit out slightly more at the front, but that is a bonus as they fill out the front arch very nicely.
I'll take one tomorrow morning. You wouldn't know there was anything different about them though, they look like the perfect offset and match up nicely with the way back wheels sit in their arch.
Z4MC Imola red

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:51 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Lynchy wrote:
no fit state wrote:
Haha :D Ed you lazy fooker :oops: :P you want a pic :P why not fit your own set & take a pic yourself :roll: :poke: :lol:
:oops:

Bigpow

CSL Wheels

Post by Bigpow » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Reps or OEM will crack with the right incident. You could buy reps and get them painted at half the price of OEM. Weight saving ?...

My replicas balance up spot on, kerb just the same (arghhh) and 99% of people never ever know...

I'd get some reps and spend a grand on second hand coil overs :thumbsup:
Z4MR - Sapphire black.imola.carbon.19" csl's.