Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

CSL Wheels

"M" Specific discussion
LostBoy_84

CSL Wheels

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:58 am

FD3S wrote:
Lynchy wrote:Image

Here are my genuine reps from CMWheels :D

Lynchy, what tire size do you have on them? Do you have any complaints about crack or anything else?

On their website it mentions different sizes of ET on different CSL type of wheels.
Does anybody know what it is and what is the correct size for our cars?
The most common offset for the reps are 38 front, 27 rear. OEM CSL's are 44 front, 27 rear
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 am

Steve is right I haven't fitted them yet. I had a long conversation with Chris at CMWheels and before buying he assured me they were exactly the same dish and offsets (which I still don't understand ) as genuine CSLs . The only difference is that the fronts may sit out about 5mm more than genuine which is fine. As soon as I get them on i will post some pics .

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:36 am

The one thing I will say FD3S is if you are unsure give Chris a call as he will be able to help you with sizes etc

markos

CSL Wheels

Post by markos » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 am

A few of my CSL-styles (bought from Chris):

R8 4.2 V8... Previous: Sapphire Black MC | red/black bi-colour heated seats | nav with camera alerts | BT | extended storage | elec folding mirrors | PDC | loudspeaker upgrade | Intravee | CSL reps | Remus backboxes

samj89

CSL Wheels

Post by samj89 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:15 am

It's like buying an Armani suit and wearing matalan shoes
Carbon black Z4MC with Champagne extended leather, carbon dash. Eibach
front H&R rear, 1m /m3 GTS wheels

Das882

CSL Wheels

Post by Das882 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:23 pm

I disagree with that statement, I too have just bought CSL reps (atomic) I would of loved to see get a set of genuine ones but I cannot justify spending almost 2K on them + tyres. As long as there is not a safety issue then what does it matter? ......I would rather spend my money on making sure the car is mechanically the best it can be.
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

CSL Wheels

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Das882 wrote:I disagree with that statement, I too have just bought CSL reps (atomic) I would of loved to see get a set of genuine ones but I cannot justify spending almost 2K on them + tyres. As long as there is not a safety issue then what does it matter? ......I would rather spend my money on making sure the car is mechanically the best it can be.
Sound sentiment & i have a set of both genuine & rep in my garage right now & other than the "BMW " stamp near the M logo they are virtually identical in look & build when handling them
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Bing
Legend
Legend

CSL Wheels

Post by Bing » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Lynchy wrote:Steve is right I haven't fitted them yet. I had a long conversation with Chris at CMWheels and before buying he assured me they were exactly the same dish and offsets (which I still don't understand ) as genuine CSLs . The only difference is that the fronts may sit out about 5mm more than genuine which is fine. As soon as I get them on i will post some pics .
You keeping your 224s Eddie ? Wouldn't mind seeing what they look like on my car, given I'm torn over how to have mine refurbed...
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Bing wrote:
Lynchy wrote:Steve is right I haven't fitted them yet. I had a long conversation with Chris at CMWheels and before buying he assured me they were exactly the same dish and offsets (which I still don't understand ) as genuine CSLs . The only difference is that the fronts may sit out about 5mm more than genuine which is fine. As soon as I get them on i will post some pics .
You keeping your 224s Eddie ? Wouldn't mind seeing what they look like on my car, given I'm torn over how to have mine refurbed...
Hi Alan, I'm keeping my 224s as I've spent a lot of money on them. I also like the idea of having another set of wheels.

Bing
Legend
Legend

CSL Wheels

Post by Bing » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Lynchy wrote:
Bing wrote:
Hi Alan, I'm keeping my 224s as I've spent a lot of money on them. I also like the idea of having another set of wheels.
Cool - I don't want to buy, just try :wink:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:34 pm

samj89 wrote:It's like buying an Armani suit and wearing matalan shoes
And I still wouldn't notice the difference :)

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Bing wrote:
Lynchy wrote:
Bing wrote:
I see, you are more than welcome to pop by and try one on :thumbsup:

pvr
Legend
Legend

CSL Wheels

Post by pvr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Lynchy wrote:
Bing wrote:
Lynchy wrote:
I see, you are more than welcome to pop by and try one on :thumbsup:
Just be careful, he curbs them by just looking at them :lol:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

no fit state

CSL Wheels

Post by no fit state » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:23 pm

I have The CM reps on mine and confirm they do sit out slightly more at the front, but that is a bonus as they fill out the front arch very nicely.
Z4MC Imola red

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

CSL Wheels

Post by Lynchy » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:26 pm

no fit state wrote:
I have The CM reps on mine and confirm they do sit out slightly more at the front, but that is a bonus as they fill out the front arch very nicely.
Can you post a pic pls :thumbsup: