Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Just called my dealer for a service price...

"M" Specific discussion
RickRob
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RickRob » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:29 pm

goon wrote:Truly laughable, firstly they tell you "BMW value service" then it goes on to state that at £1272 its "cost competitive". Compared to what?
Buying new car? :lol:
///M Roadster. 2007 Black/Black. Rear spoiler, whippy aerial, mud flaps and gimp-style wind deflector! :)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:32 pm

srhutch wrote:
MACK wrote:
markos wrote:Image
and thats why they call it M TAX!!! :rofl:
Crazy thing is the oil service at £199 is the same for a non ///M

Ask to supply your own oil and it becomes more expensive as it uses less oil. :?

Why? well the dealer removed the cost of the oil from the price. So a N52 uses 6.5 litres where as the ///M only uses 5.5 litres. End result £85 for N52 or £115 for ///M.

I managed to get them to see sense at he got it to £87.
No wonder folks not only think dealers over charge but also don't trust a word they say!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:41 pm

The gap between the Inspection 1 and 2 is just too large. The differences are gearbox and diff oil plus spark plugs? The shimming takes a long time to do right but is the same for both inspection services so I'm not sure why the extra charge is so great?
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Mactran

Post by Mactran » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Service light came up on mine after 800 miles of ownership. Called the dealer they are going to give me brake fluid change, full health check, full warentee check, cutesy car for 2 days fall for £65.

There's a ticking/whirring noise when I accelerate and a noise when I'm in full lock left so they are looking into that too.

They also said my MOT is due very soon so gave me that for an extra £30.

Dropping it off this Monday.

Only issue is sytner bmw is on the other side of London. Oh well I guess it will be a nice drive.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Mactran wrote:Service light came up on mine after 800 miles of ownership. Called the dealer they are going to give me brake fluid change, full health check, full warentee check, cutesy car for 2 days fall for £65.

There's a ticking/whirring noise when I accelerate and a noise when I'm in full lock left so they are looking into that too.

Only issue is sytner bmw is on the other side of London. Oh well I guess it will be a nice drive.
If it an AUC car then it shouldn't require a service for 3,000 miles. Any less the dealer should pay.

Mactran

Post by Mactran » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:59 pm

srhutch wrote:
Mactran wrote:Service light came up on mine after 800 miles of ownership. Called the dealer they are going to give me brake fluid change, full health check, full warentee check, cutesy car for 2 days fall for £65.

If it an AUC car then it shouldn't require a service for 3,000 miles. Any less the dealer should pay.
Il have to speak to them about that on monday

Greg 01

Post by Greg 01 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi guys .
I was just quoted .
Oil change £189
Insp 1 £269
Insp 2 £ 469
That,s not so bad from main steelers :wink:
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Yeah that's not bad for a 3.0.

The M inspection costs are over double that.

markos

Post by markos » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:53 pm

markos wrote:Image
If anyone does want a main dealer Insp2 then this lot were very reasonable. I've previously had dealers happy to service the Z4M at their quoted E46 M3 prices.
R8 4.2 V8... Previous: Sapphire Black MC | red/black bi-colour heated seats | nav with camera alerts | BT | extended storage | elec folding mirrors | PDC | loudspeaker upgrade | Intravee | CSL reps | Remus backboxes