Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Worth a punt?

"M" Specific discussion
john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Jollyjoiner wrote:
john-e89 wrote:If it happens it'll get used all weathers. :D

The guys e-mailed back, it's had a new vanos unit, the clutch is fine and it's on all original paint, so he says. RickRobs observation of the M badge on the boot makes me think it might have had paint to the boot area for whatever reason though.
Is it not parked on your drive yet John ? :poke:
:roll: No Nigel it isn't, gimme flaming chance...!! :wink:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:38 pm

srhutch wrote:

The guys e-mailed back, it's had a new vanos unit, the clutch is fine and it's on all original paint, so he says. RickRobs observation of the M badge on the boot makes me think it might have had paint to the boot area for whatever reason though.
Could have been de badged by previous owner and whoever put it on just guessed where it went. :dunno:
Yep that had crossed my mind too. Just have to go and see it, planning on Monday.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

srhutch

Worth a punt?

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Can you borrow a paint depth gauge from anybody?

Jollyjoiner

Worth a punt?

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Jollyjoiner wrote:

Is it not parked on your drive yet John ? :poke:
:D :driving: :D
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by tomscott » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

Sounds good! Will be a great project with the Vanos done that's one of the big ones not to worry about!

I wouldn't worry about the badges a lot owners had them removed and its very difficult to put them back in the right place and many have no idea where they go anyway!

Had mine put back on by bmw when I bought it and they even ordered the badge tool and didn't get it right! :rofl:

Pastry

Worth a punt?

Post by Pastry » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:42 pm

john-e89 wrote:
Jollyjoiner wrote: Is it not parked on your drive yet John ? :poke:
Come on John, he who snoozes loses :poke:
991 Carrera 2S
Now gone:
2008 Z4MR Midnight Blue Metallic
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Ruby Black
2006 Z4 3.0si sport Titanium Silver
2010 Z4 23i Msport and a 3.0i

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 pm

:lol:

Well had my wings clipped somewhat now. I got an unexpected call this afternoon to see an electrophysiologist for a nerve study test in a couple of weeks. Not much info on it yet as it was just the booking girl ringing but I'm hoping this test will tell me if the phrenic nerve will recover or not, timescales, and what, if anything, we can do if it isn't going to recover. The outcome will impact massively on my future. So I'm holding station for now until the results. The car will probably still be there so I'll go and see it in a few weeks, or not if the results go belly up... :roll:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Worth a punt?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:25 am

john-e89 wrote::lol:

Well had my wings clipped somewhat now. I got an unexpected call this afternoon to see an electrophysiologist for a nerve study test in a couple of weeks. Not much info on it yet as it was just the booking girl ringing but I'm hoping this test will tell me if the phrenic nerve will recover or not, timescales, and what, if anything, we can do if it isn't going to recover. The outcome will impact massively on my future. So I'm holding station for now until the results. The car will probably still be there so I'll go and see it in a few weeks, or not if the results go belly up... :roll:
Sorry to hear that John.

I hope the test goes well, so you can get back on the trail of that M! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Jollyjoiner

Worth a punt?

Post by Jollyjoiner » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:13 am

Well thats a bummer John

Hope all goes well and you can get back to thinking about the M again soon.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:12 am

Mr Tidy wrote:

Sorry to hear that John.

I hope the test goes well, so you can get back on the trail of that M! :thumbsup:
No no it's a good thing Mr Tidy, a very good thing, i might finally get some answers. Silly cars can wait. Happy bunny... :D :thumbsup:
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:31 am

Hope the EMG / nerve conduction studies give good news, I feel for you greatly. It's tough enough having the problem, not knowing the length of your sentence only compounds things :(
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote:Hope the EMG / nerve conduction studies give good news, I feel for you greatly. It's tough enough having the problem, not knowing the length of your sentence only compounds things :(
Thank you, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

You're right it's the not knowing that is almost as bad as the condition. If I can get some answers I can move forward. The hospital here has no idea what to do with me as they've never had anyone go to paralysis before so they've no reference point. I've got a customer with a connection to a nurse at the Royal Brompton in London, she's trying to get hold of a prof there who deals with diaphragm disease and paralysis to ask if seeing him would be possible. However now I've suddenly got this study test in a couple of weeks I might finally find something out.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by Grumpyowl » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:39 pm

As you've said best to wait John health first, plenty of time later to muck about with cars :thumbsup:
Fingers x for you.

Yorkie Z

Worth a punt?

Post by Yorkie Z » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Seems the cars disappeared from AT, you sure it's not tucked up in your garage :poke:
A Dirty M///

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Worth a punt?

Post by john-e89 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 pm

Yorkie Z wrote:Seems the cars disappeared from AT, you sure it's not tucked up in your garage :poke:
:lol:

He's moved it to the bay now Yorkie.
MR2 MK 2
E89 35is
G29