Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance for the 'M' Time again....

"M" Specific discussion
tspar

Post by tspar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Just shopped around after getting the usual ridiculous renewal quote from Hastings Direct (£530) - Went with SAGA in the end (does that now make me officially old ? :o ) for £290

Fully comp - Zero compulsory - £150 excess - 9 years NCB Protected

Thought that was not a bad deal to be fair :driving:
Z4 M Roadster (Present), Audi TTS, Z4 23i, Audi TT, Alfa Brera Prodrive, SLK 55 AMG, S3, R32, V6 4Motion

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I change insurer every year :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:38 pm

£384 for mine, once I put it onto a multi-car policy with Admiral.

Most of the reduction over what I was paying last year (£800) is because I've reduced my mileage from 25k a year to 5k a year - although that is with my £14k insurance claim listed, albeit with 15 years protected NCB.

The Alfa (with only 1 year's NCB) is £614.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Stuart Truman
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Stuart Truman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:26 pm

As I'm into the 50+ club maybe I'll give Saga a call come renewal time. :oldman: Admiral were bloody hopeless when I tried them last time. More than twice the price of direct line who have (so far) proved unbeatable.
Add yourself to the Z4 Map HERE! Instructions HERE!
Z4M Roadster, Imola Red, with Stubby and Intravee II. Low Miles per Gallon, High Smiles per Gallon
Previously Alpina Roadster S #69 Alpina Blue

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:33 pm

That seems a good price. My renewal from flux is around 550 , I will be 30 in time for the renewal in a couple of weeks and 10 years NCB (insured on a drive in Bath! ). I doubt I will get it much cheaper, if at all.
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

tjlazer

Post by tjlazer » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Mine was 440 last year, 100 less than my wife's Skoda Octavia. I really have no idea how they come up with the numbers at renewal time, but it is a massive pain getting the quotes sorted everyone!
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

ocrx8

Post by ocrx8 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 pm

£340 this year what a bargain :thumbsup:
Current: '08 ///MR | Interlagos | Champagne | Nav | DSP | Cruise | Intravee | ZHP | Black Grilles | Stubby

Previous: '56 3.0si Sport Roadster | Ruby Black | Extended Champagne | Nav | DSP | Xenons | 108s | Non-RFs | Stubby

Lower

Post by Lower » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm

£360 for me. 41 years old, 9 years no claims, parked on drive, low risk area. Chris Knott as the broker.
57 Z4MC Interlagos blue, Champagne leather, Carbon Dash, SatNav, Bluetooth, Cruise Control, Logic 7, Heated Seats, Rear Park sensors, Isofix and airbag disable switch for the ideal family car :)
Now Sold and replaced with a M2

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Admiral seem the best for me for the M was £660 in 2014 at 26 but only 6000 PA.

28 now and insured the Boxster S for £480 with admiral.

Don't know about some of you guys but they wanted me to put a box in the car... measure my driving... In a sportscar... They can sod off! :rofl:

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:16 pm

tomscott wrote: Don't know about some of you guys but they wanted me to put a box in the car... measure my driving... In a sportscar... They can sod off! :rofl:
Indeed. Surely that's the best ever proof that someone buys a car to be seen in rather than to drive it :D I imagine the full acceleration on most cars would probably void those policies lol.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:13 pm

jimmybell wrote:
tomscott wrote: Don't know about some of you guys but they wanted me to put a box in the car... measure my driving... In a sportscar... They can sod off! :rofl:
Indeed. Surely that's the best ever proof that someone buys a car to be seen in rather than to drive it :D I imagine the full acceleration on most cars would probably void those policies lol.
Definitely, but I thought they were for new drivers! I was a bit shocked at 28 I was offered one! Quite offended! The price wasn't a huge amount cheaper either £10 or so...

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 pm

tomscott wrote:Don't know about some of you guys but they wanted me to put a box in the car... measure my driving... In a sportscar... They can sod off! :rofl:
I did that with the Alfa, as it was the easiest way to get cheap insurance during my 'unresolved' insurance claim on the Zed.

There was no extra premium if you drove like a nutter, but you'd get a refund if you were very careful.

Drove it like a granny for a couple of weeks and the feedback was not particularly favourable - saying that I should try to take corners slower, and leave more room for braking, etc.

Went on holiday for the next couple of weeks, and got identical feedback despite the car not moving an inch :headbang:

I'm sure these devices will be fine for a car that's only for the occasional trip, but mine was doing 500 miles of motorways & traffic jams a week. Not sure the 2016 National did the 'average' much good though :oops:

Didn't go with the renewal when it came through :P
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Bill10

Post by Bill10 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:49 pm

also joined the old man's club and insured with Saga last year. Half the price of Aviva.
07 E86 Z4MC, 04 E46 330Ci

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 am

Direct line for me with all mods up
£310 Inc legal
Mazzer £150 with flux:)
44 live in sticks

MickAdams

Post by MickAdams » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Mine was going to be £157 this time with Admiral, then somehow had people crash into my stationary car twice in a month, having two non-faults has doubled it :x So £315 for me, 33 living in North Leeds.