Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

This car just hates me! Post track-day woes...

"M" Specific discussion
JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Sorry to hear, but I don't think you've bought a lemon. I think you've bought a brilliant but highly tuned sports car that has seen some abuse and thus thrown up a couple of hard use related issues. Keep your chin up, give it some love and TLC and get back out doing what you love :thumbsup:

ga41

Post by ga41 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:44 pm

JAD wrote:Sorry to hear, but I don't think you've bought a lemon. I think you've bought a brilliant but highly tuned sports car that has seen some abuse and thus thrown up a couple of hard use related issues. Keep your chin up, give it some love and TLC and get back out doing what you love :thumbsup:
Thanks for the words of support mate.

And to everyone else as well. It was just a post to vent out some frustration... Honestly the last few years if you ask me what I think of my car I reply that I love it and hate it at the same time. When it works it's brilliant, but lately it feels like it's not ever working properly!
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Good luck buddy

ga41

Post by ga41 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 pm

D4dawg wrote:Good luck buddy
Thanks mate
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

jamiez

Post by jamiez » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 pm

I had similar symptoms on an old car - turned out to be oxygenated battery connections. Cleaned them up and reconnected and I never had that same issue.
Z4MC | Midnight Blue | OEM CSL's + MPSS | Extended Light Sepang Leather | Folding Mirrors | Stubby| BT | Prof Nav | DSP HiFi | Intravee | Privacy | Illuminated ZHP…

ga41

Post by ga41 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:03 pm

jamiez wrote:I had similar symptoms on an old car - turned out to be oxygenated battery connections. Cleaned them up and reconnected and I never had that same issue.
I know what you mean. We had a new battery installed last summer, I don't recall the connections being corroded or anything but I will check again.