Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to buy ///M O2 Sensor B1 S1

"M" Specific discussion
TomK

Post by TomK » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:08 pm

AndyBeech wrote:Ah had a feeling it was you Tom! Glad they're still treating you well too, extra money for beer tokens rather than BM's coffers for a change! Or track days in your case, still gotta pop back to Castle Combe and have a gander at you and Fishy Dave having a hoon, sounds excellent fun!
Quite! Tyres, pads, oil, gas ..... :cry:
It's unfortunate we have a different dme to the m3 as their lambda sensors from bmw are fairly reasonably priced. Limited production of Z4Ms = some ridiculous prices from BMW for some things sadly :x
Friday 5th May I'll be at Combe, would be great if you want to pop by for some pax laps. Dave won't be attending, busy racing his e30 these days :( lucky bugger!
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 pm

AndyBeech wrote:
TomK wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:
The Lambda Power chaps, I would post up the email I got from them at the time but can't access it on my phone. There is an old thread of mine on here regarding this, covers Lambda Power I think. I'm sure it went along the lines of me asking if they are genuine/new Bosch parts and them kinda dodging the question, along the lines of it won't be new as you would get from Bosch themselves. Damn can't remember the details exactly, have a search for that thread from my profile, wasn't that long ago, last year I think. Swear a guy that ordered from them said the parts looked like they were 'used'....

The two sensors I get from finjection were genuine new Bosch, and the guy was very nice to deal with and knowledgable. Original boxes/stickers/protective caps in place etc.
Hi Andy again, still appreciate your help with this back then :thumbsup:
I did indeed order the ones from lambda power, and when they turned up I sent them back. I suspect they would have been absolutely fine, however the bosch stamp (I assume it was that) had been etched off. As you pointed out they were quite evasive as to where they got the parts from, assured it was genuine blah blah, but I wasn't filled with confidence. As you had sourced the correct(ish!) bosch part from finjector I knocked them back. Eventually got my money back.
The ones we ordered were the correct sensor but with a 5cm longer cable, 1000mm vs 950mm from recollection. They've been good as gold for 2 years or so.
Ah had a feeling it was you Tom! Glad they're still treating you well too, extra money for beer tokens rather than BM's coffers for a change! Or track days in your case, still gotta pop back to Castle Combe and have a gander at you and Fishy Dave having a hoon, sounds excellent fun!

Anyway original thread, hope it helps as well:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81469

And yes Hutch I would cancel personally but up to you of course
Will be doing so first thing monday.

Das882

Post by Das882 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:23 pm

srhutch wrote:Thanks Andy, got one from here in the end http://www.lambdapower.co.uk/

I also found these two below (actually the same company, telephone number is the same). I have no idea what they are like, but they are based in Germany, not the UK as you would expect looking at the site. Reviews hit and miss regarding delivery, and once delivery added within a pound or two of where I ordered. So I would be cautious of using these if in a hurry.

https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/
https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/
I have sourced all my discs (ATE and Zimmermann) and pads from onlinecarparts as well as my Eibach springs, the prices were much cheaper than the likes of ECP. The only downside as you stated is that the delivery takes at least a week. ( free delivery over £140) ok if not in a hurry .
2006 Monaco Blue Z4MC

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Well, ordered a sensor from Finland last night and its due tomorrow (Tuesday). OK paid for express delivery, but still just over £92 all in.

My O2 sensor socket also arrived, which I can get on the sensor and with a couple of extension bars and a UV joint get a ratchet to the top of the engine, but will the bugger undo. :headbang:

Any tips.

Bough this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Sockets-Sock ... sor+socket

Wonder if this would have been better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-SX022-O ... sor+socket

Just ordered the above, think it will be easier to get leverage on.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Just posting this up for future reference to others. Used this Socket setup to remove Bank 1, sensor 1 (pre cat). Just under 3 foot long gets you just above the engine to enable rotation of the socket.

Bit of a crack as it let go, but not as hard as I thought it might be. Also socked with WD40 for 24 hours, not sure what difference that made though.
Attachments
IMAG0272.jpg
IMAG0272.jpg (223.2 KiB) Viewed 769 times

99ron

Post by 99ron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Opie oils selling the pre-cat Bosch part number 258017092 now.
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-211479-bos ... ingle.aspx
£64.60 but also on ebay. I got 2 for £122. May as well do both while we're at it.
Z4MR E85 for sunny day Hooning. 8)
Now with added joy of Gruppe M.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:37 pm

99ron wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:31 pm Opie oils selling the pre-cat Bosch part number 258017092 now.
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-211479-bos ... ingle.aspx
£64.60 but also on ebay. I got 2 for £122. May as well do both while we're at it.
Bargain :thumbsup:

99ron

Post by 99ron » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:29 pm

Anyone know if these Bosch sensor threads are pre-coated with some anti-seize shizzle or do I need to go get some?

99ron

Post by 99ron » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Actually forget that. I can see something sticky looking is on the threads under the plastic protection caps.
Cheers.